BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(D) Scott Dann

Glenn

Of the defenders we've been linked with that I've seen, I definitely would take Dann over any of the rest. Still relatively young and likely to improve, too. £16m when you've been relegated is a bit fanciful, I can see him going for 10-12. Doubt we'll spend that big a chunk of our budget on a centre half though, so I'd be very surprised if we ended up with him.

Stroke City have put in a 16M bid for Scott Dann & Cameron Jerome. I'd imagine Brum will be holding out for that sort of fee for Dann alone, and with bigger clubs like Liverpool being linked to the him i'd be surprised if he joined Pulis' pub team.

Sky say the bid was actually one that could eventually rise to £9 million.

If Brum want 16 million for Dann then he won't be moving. When you consider that everybody in the media tries to sell Samba off for 12-15, and that Jones with all his ability, potential, and about 12 or more top years ahead of him just went for 16 rising to 20, it's an absolute joke to say Dann should go for more than 8. Especially at a relegated club. Samba has been one of the best defenders in the league for three and a half seasons, there is NO contest.

• 3 weeks later...
Scott Dann has told Stoke he wants £35,000-a-week to join them from Birmingham.

Stoke have already seen a move for West Ham and England striker Carlton Cole collapse over personal terms, but in this case Birmingham are desperate to sell

Perhaps this is the defender Kean spoke about, looks as if the Stoke deal could be easily hijacked.

Far too expensive for us in a position that is not a priority right now. Mongongu makes a lot more sense.

Yup. Rather take a chance on Mongongu than blow our load on Scott Dann. We've got more important positions to fill.

Archived