BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alpe d'Huez

I guess I'm getting old and cynical - find it hard to take the Tour seriously anymore, as it seems to be hard to find a winner who isn't tainted.

They should just embrace it and make everything legal. There would be a point where all the teams would be doping up just as well and it really would become again about who the best cyclist was.

OK who was the guy on the Alpe just now wearing a Rovers shirt and a black bobble hat?

These might help ... I think he might be Dutch given the colour of the bobble hat ...

5965081864_393bbf3a0c.jpg

5964527115_af2aa1b3e6.jpg

American - totally disagree. The most watched sports event in the world, and the riders are the most drug tested sportsmen in the world.

Without doubt Ray Starkie, 100% certain

Well give him a ring and tell him he's famous - and if he wants a DVD of his moment of fame I'll keep it on the Sky+ !

I guess I'm getting old and cynical - find it hard to take the Tour seriously anymore, as it seems to be hard to find a winner who isn't tainted.

They should just embrace it and make everything legal. There would be a point where all the teams would be doping up just as well and it really would become again about who the best cyclist was.

I don't know if you followed this year but if you haven't I think your impression is a hangover from times gone by. This is a very clean tour with some fantastic riders, great competition each day and a result in the balance probably till tomorrow afternoon. I can honestly say I've found watching absolutely enthralling.

Best tour I can recall.

I don't know if you followed this year but if you haven't I think your impression is a hangover from times gone by. This is a very clean tour with some fantastic riders, great competition each day and a result in the balance probably till tomorrow afternoon. I can honestly say I've found watching absolutely enthralling.

Best tour I can recall.

Yes, it is and even last year's winner who allegedly ate bad meat. Note that this same carnivore came out of nowhere for a remarkable stage today after getting killed yesterday (as one columnist said, it's amazing what a good night's sleep and possibly a steak dinner will do for you).

And Tris, Lance Armstrong is also one of the most tested athletes in history. Do you think he was clean the entire time? If you read back a few years, I was one of his biggest defenders, but even I find it hard to believe that the entire cycling world is out to get him. These guys might be heavily tested, but they are also good at evading the tests - just read some of the stuff from Lance's teammates who evaded tests for years.

Not that I don't like watching it, as I do, but I just wish we knew for a fact they were all on a level playing field, even if that field was a poppy field (replace poppy with your drug of choice - felt like a good pun at the time).

Well, he wasn't. But what a competition this year has been, so much heart and desire shown all around. If all you see is doping then I feel sorry for you. Beautiful scenery, a sense of history and athletes driving themselves to the edge of what is humanly possible. In some ways cycling as a sport demand what we often miss in our footballers: Dedication, self-sacrifice and, well, balls. It doesn't always come as good as this, but when it does it's beautiful like no other sport.

First time I've properly watched it after getting my own bike last year. I just can't believe how these guys do so long at such a speed day after day.

The last two days have looked painful for some of the riders.

Re the hat, it is chucked out to spectators from sponsorship cars before the riders arrive.. I think I have about four of them lying around at home, and I can confirm I'm not Dutch.

Great Tour allround, with some amazing performances. For me, Edvald Boasson Hagen's 2nd stage win and Hushovd's Pyrenee win, along with Europecar's incredible two - Rolland and Voeckler - stands out. Looking forward to next year already.

Recorded Fridays Stage watched it back when we returned home from Le Bourg d'Oisans this afternoon... Soon as I saw the Rovers shirt wished I'd worn mine and got two on the tele...we where at hairpin 15 ..

Amazing day, brilliant atmosphere at the Worlds greatest sporting spectacular and all free...even the beer thanks to some generous dutch and danes... Capped off three memorable weeks following Le Tour... if only Wiggins hadn't crashed.... Never mind, made up Evans murdered the Schleck Sisters today

Delighted to see my "mate" Cadel seal the win yesterday. Not really a mate but I did meet him at the Commonwealth games time trial at Rivington 9 years ago - a really straightforward and open bloke, belying his media image as a grump. Thinking back to the games shows how far British cycling has come since then. At the games Australia more or less swept the board in both the track and road events.

Delighted to see my "mate" Cadel seal the win yesterday. Not really a mate but I did meet him at the Commonwealth games time trial at Rivington 9 years ago - a really straightforward and open bloke, belying his media image as a grump. Thinking back to the games shows how far British cycling has come since then. At the games Australia more or less swept the board in both the track and road events.

You've just been struck off Jim Mk2's Christmas card list :)

Archived