BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's - Do You Support Them As Owners Of The Club?

608 members have voted

1. 1. Almost 12 Months on, do you support Venky's as owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

• Yes I support Venky's
    • No I don't support Venky's
    • I am not sure and want to withold judgement at this time

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another match, another defeat and the sad empty feeling returns with vengeance.... I think I’ve forgotten the last time I felt even remotely good about anything Rovers related.

Since reading the telegraph piece, it just highlights all the conversations on the forum recently and leaves me thinking how the hell Rovers get out of this mess... The answer is of course getting new owners – but as we’ve seen in the past few weeks, Venkys are not looking to sell (for reasons we can only speculate on).

I watch the great efforts being done by the fans protesting in and around Blackburn and can only admire them for their passion and commitment to the cause (I live too far away to attend but feel the same anger as them). I hope when Saturday comes, Kean and Venkys get everything they deserve for the position they’ve put us in, and not just the league opposition, but also our in terms of our financial situation and our reputation in the footballing world.

Like most of you reading this, I feel sick to my core with what these (please don’t use that word) have done to our once proud club. And now, with more defeats expected, plus relegation and financial meltdown on the horizon, I’m left wondering... Wondering if it really takes relegation and financial ruin to get rid of these parasites from our club. And would it be worth it?

I’m thinking ‘Yes’, it would be worth it. If that’s what it takes to ‘get rid’ and secure new owners and management team, then I’m willing to accept some hard years in the Championship to re-establish ourselves again. I’m already starting to get the midset that if things don’t change now, what will our team be in the Championship? It seems obvious that all the major wage earners will be sold, the money generated will not be reinvested in the team, but hopefully we can bring through some talented youngsters to push the club forward. I think about Kean (Jake), Morris, Ramm, Hanley, Henley, Lowe, Knowles, Aley, Blackman, Hitchcock, Cotton, Slew and Goodwillie together with some experienced players – we might actually have a chance of the playoffs...

I’m sorry if this sounds defeatist, but in a way I’m trying to think positively when the inevitable happens. I only see relegation, as Venkys and Kean are just not capable in keeping us in the Premiership... They are out of their depth, they are inept and they deserve all the media punishment going. I just hope then they walk so the club we love is reborn...

100% Rovers 0% Venkys and Kean!!!

Archived