BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's - Do You Support Them As Owners Of The Club?

608 members have voted

1. 1. Almost 12 Months on, do you support Venky's as owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

• Yes I support Venky's
    • No I don't support Venky's
    • I am not sure and want to withold judgement at this time

Venky’s have owned the club for almost 12 months now, on various threads debate has been raging about whether the current situation Rovers are facing is the fault of Steve Kean or the owners.

So the question is, almost 12 months on and taking into account all that they have done over that period of time (both positive and negative), do you broadly support them as owners of Blackburn Rovers?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I find it difficult to support a group of people who - regardless of whether it was out of naivity or stupidity - have torn this club apart piece by piece and left it in the sorry state it is currently in.

Should they remove Kean from his position, step back and leave the footballing side of things to those who know what they're doing I will support them fully. I was not initially against their ownership and they still have time to save themselves and us from entering the abyss, but time is running out. So, whilst I don't support their current decision making processes and I don't support the way they've run the club thus far, there is still opportunity for them to change my mind with a few swift and decisive actions. Based on that I am witholding judgement.

Edit: as of their comments on 07/10 my vote has changed to no. I can't support owners who are so incredibly out of touch with the supporters. If they want to drag Rovers into the abyss that's their perogative but I won't support them in doing so.

Nope. For the reasons outlined in "The underlying problems" thread. It doesn't stack up and won't until they address those issues, put a proper structure in place as outlined by Den in that thread and sort out the manager situation.

Negatives - Got rid of Big Sam, departure of Williams/Finn, Champions League/Ronaldinho/Maradona/Lease/Cup winners quotes, club hierarchy still seems to be a work in progress.

Remains to be seen - Loyalty to Kean (he can't say they haven't given him a fair chance) which should stand the club well for next time they appoint a manager, claim to be here long term.

Positives - Spent money, got a good deal for Phil Jones, The Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End, sponsorless shirts/Prince's Trust connection, Pune 9.

Therefore for me the jury is still out.

Only in the absence of a viable alternative. It's a completely different situation to Kean. I never wanted them and in an ideal world would never have them but nobody else wanted to buy the club and it's unlikely that will have changed much.

Were they to fire Kean I would elevate them to the status of mediocre owners, they appear to be at least willing to listen to fans on other issues now. It's a start.

When you see the Venkys interview they seem genuine in intentions, I just don't think they are good enough liars not to be.

I think Kean has been shown to be a veryu dangerous lying individual and I think Venkys are stupidly naive.

We can say "its gone too far to be naive".

But look at Kean interviews, the guy is totally deluded and everything Venkys hear are the same lies or much much worse and direct.

Kean is a dangerous poison never seen anything like it.

Fans with infleuence need to work harder dis-crediting Kean.

Not sure on Venkys, I'm praying more than anything that they come through for us all, but the evidence to date has certainly not pointed to that.

They have been playing the inexperience card for a while now, and only them can make things better.

If they fail to listen to the fans or show willingness to come to Blackburn to face these issue's head on then i'm affraid any lingering hopes I have that they can turn things around will be gone.

At present i'm still undecided one way or the other.

Voted not sure - they talk good intentions - but have yet to deliver. Personally I think they tried to do too much too soon - and were poorly advised by Kentaro. I like their vision - buy young players and develop the team - increase awareness in other commercial markets etc.

Bottom line - nobody else wanted to buy Rovers - so we all have to hope their good intentions become reality and they take the club forward.

Kean is the sticking point at the moment - but in some ways you have to admire their loyality - even if mis-placed. Many thought that JW stuck with Ince for too long - so as owners they aren't alone in doing this.

I’m supporting the owners for the time being even though I’m undecided to be honest.

The tenure so far has been turbulent to say the least, but a swift sacking of Kean and an experienced manager taking the helm, things will look much better in my eyes.

I feel my signature makes my view clear.

On the basis of their ownership to date the great difficulty is I cannot trust what they say. On so many occasions one thing has been said and another done - the most obvious example being the dismissal of Allardyce and the apparent forcing out of John Williams and Tom Finn.

I will begin to believe the Rao family when the following happens:

1. Results are delivered consistently on the pitch
  2. The club accounts are published (as they always have been) showing the club is in stable financial position and Rovers have not been placed in serious debt
  3. The family are consistent in their statements to the fans

Until the above happens, and on a regular basis, I am not able to support Venky's or the Rao family as owners of my football club.

i still support the owners. they lack experience and knowledge about football.. and have been badly advised and taken advantage of in the past, but recently they have shown signs of starting to get to grips with issues and address them.

they need to replace kean and employ a high quality manager and coaching staff.

they have made some fabulous gestures -clayton blackburn end, prices trust sponsor and the pune 9 trip.

they come across to me as very genuine people.

I find it difficult to support a group of people who - regardless of whether it was out of naivity or stupidity - have torn this club apart piece by piece and left it in the sorry state it is currently in.

Should they remove Kean from his position, step back and leave the footballing side of things to those who know what they're doing I will support them fully. I was not initially against their ownership and they still have time to save themselves and us from entering the abyss, but time is running out. So, whilst I don't support their current decision making processes and I don't support the way they've run the club thus far, there is still opportunity for them to change my mind with a few swift and decisive actions. Based on that I am witholding judgement.

Spot on. Excellent post.

Have to add I cannot see them redeeming the situation, but I hope that they suprise me.

Voted no.

Compare the state of the club when they took over to now.

got to vote NO..at 1st gave them a chance nieave ,ill advised , etc but that excuse as now worn very thin.. ( I somehow have bad a feeling we may be about to enter a good few years in footballing wilderness ) :angry:

What are Venkys intentions ??? do they have an hidden agenda ???

Because any non footballing person would have realised by now footballs a results driven business , Kean hasnt delivered so should be fired and a proper management team brought in as would have happened in any other business. :wacko:

When I was little, I used to go to the library just to see if there was any new books in the sports section that may have something about Rovers in that I already hadn't read. If there wasn't I just re-read the ones that were already there. I used to get those little books, Playfair annuals, and they had a family tree thing , showing the league cup and FA cup results, the tree getting smaller and smaller towards the Cup Final. I used to look at them and wonder at what set of results it would have taken to get Rovers an easy route to the cup final.

Every day my Mum and Dad got The Guardian newspaper delivered, I would always sit eating my breakfast looking in vain for any mention of Rovers in the back, usually to no avail! I had to go to one particular newsagent in Chorley on Eaves Lane (Rigbys) to get a copy of The Evening Telegraph each Monday for real coverage of Rovers match from the weekend.

In school, me and my mates used to design new and different Rovers kits in our maths books when we should have be working, and then go home and play Subbuteo with Grasshoppers Of Zurich as they looked like Rovers.

When I was at college most of my mates went to Majorca for a holiday, beer, girls etc. I went to The Isle Of Man to watch Rovers in the Manx Cup for a week.

Once I started working , I got a job in a camera shop, and planned all my time off to coincide with football matches-first game of the season, big matches, derbys etc.

And in 2005 I even started my own company, with one of the main aims being to not have to work weekends anymore, just to free up time to watch Rovers.

This season I have not been to one single match.

I question their motivations in buying the club, their knowledge of football, their financial provisions for the club, their long-term strategy, their business nous, their choice of advisers, every single decision they've made, their willingness to put things right, their ability to spot what is wrong and what to do about it. Oh and Balaji Rao looks like a bag of poo dressed up in the middle, like an Indian cross between Del Boy and Barry White.

In short, I think they've taken a hatchet to this great club and the only positive things I can think of are that they've re-named the Blackburn End (sop to keep the fans happy) and that they didn't trouser all of the Jones money (instead giving some to Kean to fritter away on unsuitable players - barring Dann).

So no, I don't support them at all. Even just the sight of them on TV makes me want to put a brick through it. When they finally dispose of their share-holding in this club I will perform naked cart-wheels of delight.

• Moderation Lead

Really not happy with them so far overall. I still think (moreso hope) they turn it around, I just think they've been incredibly naive and badly advised.

They should have done their homework a lot more, prior to buying the club!!

Archived