BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's - Do You Support Them As Owners Of The Club?

608 members have voted

1. 1. Almost 12 Months on, do you support Venky's as owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

• Yes I support Venky's
    • No I don't support Venky's
    • I am not sure and want to withold judgement at this time

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think they want success for the club, they just utterly clueless.

If they can just take the step of removing Kean from his position and appointing a proper manager then 99% of the problems will disappear.

I can't support or trust anything they do whilst he is still in charge though.

Wowzers, this thread is superb.

Please continue to vote and post your opinions. This thread is going to be a BIG part in something that I am going to be doing in the near future.

I wouldn't do it yourself and you can't hire Lee Harvey Oswald he's already dead

I’m supporting the owners for the time being even though I’m undecided to be honest.

The tenure so far has been turbulent to say the least, but a swift sacking of Kean and an experienced manager taking the helm, things will look much better in my eyes.

I'd agree with this.

I pondered the choices for a few moments, but I'm behind them - they definitely appear to have good intentions, even if misguided.

However, I'm right on the borderline between support and against due to the Kean issue.

If they maintain their support of Kean for any longer, I feel people who feel similar to me will turn pretty rapidly.

• Moderation Lead

99% problem with kean chuck? I hope that's a sarcastic post at kean. The problem is venkys 100% !

Misguided ,naive ,ill advised .... Blah blah blah the click stops with them.

Indeed it does. But Kean could be fired, they aren't going anywhere, and if they did I suggest things would be EVEN worse, how long did it take the Trust to find a buyer?

They can turn it around, they just need a chairman in the area permanently, more GOOD football people to advise them. The sooner the better though...

Oh and Balaji Rao looks like a bag of poo dressed up in the middle, like an Indian cross between Del Boy and Barry White.

Whats that got to do with supporting venkys or not?

I'm in the "Not sure" category for the pragmatic reason that I think the owners are stuck with us and we're stuck with them for the foreseeable future. If it took the Trust as long as it apparently did to off-load us, how long would if be [even assuming that Venky's want to sell us] before they could find a buyer who's prepared to pay a price they would find acceptable?

I don't know at first hand too much about Indian business culture [i've read a bit on here about 'losing "face" ']; but, at present, I'm prepared to believe they're genuine when they say that they're in this for the long haul. I hope they realise that, if we persist with 'Mr "Lots of Positives" ' as manager for much longer, relegation will surely loom ever closer; and that, if we get relegated, the value of their asset will depreciate;.

I also wonder if they realise quite how much the club means to us, the fans.

Acknowledging all the above posts and voting, there is still the possibility that from a financial point of view they have placed us in a debt ridden

situation and we could be much worse off than before they took control. I have heard that they borrowed the money to buy the club leaving the club to

pay for the loan, this may or may not be true does anybody know?

Some of their decisions even now do not make sense, Kean, JW, TF etc. It could be that they have a plan B to profit in some way from their involvement

whether they succeed or fail (relegation). Presumably as time goes on things will become clearer, they do need to make clear the financial situation

if they dont suspicions will continue.

I am reserving my judgement at the moment, until they replace Kean with an experienced PL manager as a start they are under a big black cloud.

Their management to date has been a disaster, they need to get a grip, as successful business people they should be able to turn it around if their

motives are to make the club successful, if not we may see more strange decisions occurring.

Hopefully looking forward to better times ahead starting with a new manager.

This is a difficult one to answer. Unlike Kean, where almost 100% of supporters are in agreement that his time is up and he has to go, I am inclined to give Venky's more time to redeem themselves and to make up for past mistakes.

On the one hand you have the outrageously bad communication, particularly in the early months of their reign, the haphazard approach to transfers, the unclear role of Jerome Anderson at the club, the strange sacking of John Jensen without even asking the manager and John Jensen's appointment in the first place even though he had never even met Kean.

In terms of the departures of Allardyce, McDonald, Williams, Finn, Pincher, Goodman and Matthewman amongst others, if Venky's wish to change the personnel at the club then that is entirely their decision which they are entitled to make after splashing out millions to buy the club. It's not their removal I was particularly opposed to, more the timing of it, the speed at which it was done and the complete and utter failure to replace them with people of any repute.

You have the First Team Coach assuming the responsibilities of both Allardyce and Neil McDonald, Leicester City's commercial director becoming 'Deputy Chief Executive' and somebody called Anthony Bloch who was Everton's assistant secretary wielding power at Ewood. In addition to this both Vineeth Rao and Simon Hunt have official positions on the board of directors, even though the club has never yet officially announced their appointments, who they are or what positions they hold at the club. The ever elusive Mahesh Gupta and Ghandi Babu are still yet to be seen at games despite their positions on the board.

In terms of transfer activity, which after all was the main reason the club was sold, so that Venky's could invest in the club, again is difficult. Whilst we have spent much more this summer than in the previous years combined, including signings like Scott Dann, Simon Vuckevic and Yakubu, both of whom are proven performers, and the emphasis being on young, talented players like Formica, Rochina, Slew and Petrovic, are to be praised. Yet at the same time you have suspicious signings like Myles Anderson and Bruno Ribeiro, neither of whom are anywhere near good enough for the first team, both of whom have agent fathers. It is also worth bearing in mind that net spending was minimal once the sales of people like Jones and Kalinic are considered, plus the wage savings achieved by letting circa 15 players leave and only bringing in 8.

Venky's stance with Kean again can be interpreted in two different ways. On the one hand you have a young British manager, highly thought of as a coach, being given an opportunity to prove himself at a Premier League club. How many other clubs would show such faith? Venky's refusal to dismiss Kean can be seen as an immense show of loyalty and patience to their man and a determination not to press the panic button and to believe in stability - all of these are traits many other clubs are severely lacking in. On the other hand you have a client of Kentaro, the same agency who brought Venky's to the club and brokered the sale, taking over following the sacking of his boss in suspicious circumstances. Not only was his appointment as permanent manager both naive and premature, but puts the future of the club in jeopardy. Venky's stubborn refusal to give him the sack leads to suggestions he has more influence than a mere manager and that they are content to see us relegated because they will not dispose of Kean. If they have been duped by Kentaro and Kean then what kind of business people are they?

So for me it's 50/50, although the longer they stick by the idiot Kean the more faith I have disappears.

I am personally undecided, but really do want Venky's to succeed, they in my opinion seem very sincere and want to do the best for BRFC, BUT for that to happen they have to get rid of Kean. Only time will tell, hopefully something good will come out of this visit but i won't hold my breath. :!:

Not sure at the moment whether I back the owners or not.

Two key decisions will make or break them in my opinion, these are:

1- The manager situation- It's clear he has to go and the longer they stick with him the more precarious our position will be. Each week that passes without his removal the more I and I guess many others will start to question their judgement.

2- If Kean goes who comes in next- Sacking Kean isn't a hard decision, the hard work will be getting someone in to change our fortunes. If Venky's sack Kean and replace him with a just as rubbish manager like Grant or promote from within again with someone like Brunskill then we are back to square one.

Which side I move to (Back or want them out) will depend on how they manage these two key decisions.

They promised the earth and delivered nothing but despair.

Whether you think they are charlatans and asset-strippers or just naive and poorly advised, their tenure has been an unmitigated disaster in every respect. For those who are still living in hope, just think how you will be feeling next year if this continues?

People need to analyse what is happening not the best case future they can think dream up. Your dreams are fast sinking into a raging nightmare.

I voted no. They can rebuild bridges with me as a supporter by fixing their biggest mistake they may have been duped into making, sack kean and replace him properly and they will get my undivided support again regardless of what happens in the league this year. I want them to learn in our culture and in football admitting a mistake is not a weakness

No, absolutely not.

Under their ownership, a once well-respected and well-run club has become a laughing stock and absolute certainties, as things currently stand, to go down. And of course, lets not forget that they appointed Kean - they can't even say that they just inherited him.

Personally, I'm not buying this 'naivety' and 'give us more time' gig. These are smart, astute business people and my suspicions are that as long we stay in the EPL, even if were a bottom 5 or 6 side say, they will be quite content as long as it maintains their (relatively cheap or even profitable)BRFC marketing vehicle to the world-wide TV audience of the EPL. IMO, they have no serious long-term ambitions beyond promoting their 'Venky's' brand awareness.

Sorry Venky Venky, Baza and Mrs D, but I think you have had more than enough time already. Its obvious to the world and his wife that Kean needs to go now but it would appear to me that you think he can maintain the 'model' or business plan proffered above. Things are going to get very, very ugly down at Ewood unless you act to remove Kean but I fear it will be too late before you do.

If we go down this season, the book will ultimately stop with you. I think that a lot of people are still prepared to give you a chance at the moment, however, so if you take matters in hand now (and not in a few games time or by xmas, etc) then you might just keep the majority of the fans onside.

I have voted "I am not sure" and the only thing that is holding me back from giving them my full support is there continued support for Mr Kean.

At the end of the day they will be judged on what happens on the pitch and at the moment we are bottom of the league and losing the majority of games that we play.

Steve Kean has the most important job at the club, his performance as a manager will affect everything from the players to people that work at the club and more importantly the fans and the town as a whole.

I think they are very genuine people and it is good to see the passion that they show for the club. I think they are desperately trying to win all the fans over but while Mr Kean is in charge and we continue to lose like we are I fear that the support they have at the moment will start to dwindle fast.

Based on their decisions from when they came, it has to be no.

They have to change their ways before it's too late - and relegation would be too late. When they persuade me that they genuinely know how to take the club forwards on the park, I'll change my vote. At the moment, they just look like they're here for what they can get out of it, rather than what they can put into it.

It is all a bit of a sorry tale – the dream provided and set up by Kentaro has so far been a bit of a nightmare.

Venky’s could turn it around but there serious doubts and question marks remaining for me.

Knowing companies (and personnel within them) in the UK who have dealt with Venky’s, Mrs Desai and family have hardly covered themselves in glory dealing with them (lack of understanding of contracts & agreements).

Whilst we have heard Jerome Anderson has been binned, my own view is that this story was put out to keep various parties satisfied (just my opinion) – in saying that, the high fees being paid to agents has been a major concern for the club.

I am close to really despising Venky’s as they have wasted a lot of good work from the previous regime. The principles and values this club has been built on for years have been ignored and we have seen incompetence of the highest order.

I can accept change as long as it is logical and in the best interests of the club – as I said, they can turn it around, however we will need actions not words to start moving in the right direction.

• Backroom

For what it's worth, I was very close to voting no. The only reason I opted to withold judgement is because even though we're close to the trap door there is still time for Venky's to redeem themselves. If Kean is sacked, a good manager replaces him and we climb the table into safety I'd hope it would be a case of lessons learned, step out of the spotlight and back the team quietly with an adequete wage/transfer budget. Do whatever you wish in terms of advertising etc. There was no need to gut the interior of the club but if we retain a safe place in the premier league they can work on rebuilding that which they needlessly destroyed.

Unfortunately the above scenario is becoming increasingly unlikely. If Kean is in charge for much longer and we slip further into oblivion my vote will switch to no. Venky's can still convince many of us their intentions are good, but time is running out fast and my patience is running thin. They've owned us for close to a year and their ownership has yet to benefit the club in any noticable way - that cannot be allowed to continue.

Whilst Kean is still manager Venkys are destroying the club - l cannot support that. It's a no from me.

Should they get shut of Kean and make some decisions for the good of BRFC and not just Venky's then l will change my decision. At this moment in time l do not support them.

I find it difficult to support a group of people who - regardless of whether it was out of naivity or stupidity - have torn this club apart piece by piece and left it in the sorry state it is currently in.

Should they remove Kean from his position, step back and leave the footballing side of things to those who know what they're doing I will support them fully. I was not initially against their ownership and they still have time to save themselves and us from entering the abyss, but time is running out. So, whilst I don't support their current decision making processes and I don't support the way they've run the club thus far, there is still opportunity for them to change my mind with a few swift and decisive actions. Based on that I am witholding judgement.

Pretty much my opinion as well, not been impressed so far but still giving them the benefit of the doubt for now, there are still a lot of questions which need answering.

Archived