BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roads closed after large fire at disused warehouse in Miles Platting

Flaming hot is decent and I'm not anti pickled onion by any means, but roast beef monster munch are my favourite crisps. Except maybe salt and vinegar squares.

I'm another Roast Beef Monster Munch fan. My order goes Roast Beef>>>>Pickled Onion>>>>>>>>>>Flaming Hot. However, peanut Flips are up there with beef MMs.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Marmite Twiglets. Lovely.

Correct Colin. But have you noticed that some are a lot more 'marmitey' than others? Some are brill and some just plain bland.

I can rem frequenting the White Bull Ribchester some 30 years or so ago and some of the locals ate plain crisps with the bag opened, Worcester Sauce sprinkled in and then with the neck of the bag clutched tight the whole lot shaken up. It took quite some years after before Worcester Sauce flavoured crisps were actually 'invented'.

Correct Colin. But have you noticed that some are a lot more 'marmitey' than others? Some are brill and some just plain bland.

I can rem frequenting the White Bull Ribchester some 30 years or so ago and some of the locals ate plain crisps with the bag opened, Worcester Sauce sprinkled in and then with the neck of the bag clutched tight the whole lot shaken up. It took quite some years after before Worcester Sauce flavoured crisps were actually 'invented'.

I like the really black ones that have stayed in a bit long, the feeling in the jaw when you get one of those can only be matched by a large Blackjack.

I drove through Miles Platting just the other day, and saw the twisted burnt out remains of the building. It was very strange though, because almost immediately I felt the urge to eat a bag of pork scratchings. I'd glanced at this thread briefly in passing some time ago, and can only put my desire for pig skin down to some kind of subliminal message that has now been laid in the back of my mind. I don't think I'll ever be able to drive up the Oldham Road again without thinking about pork scratchings.

I like the really black ones that have stayed in a bit long, the feeling in the jaw when you get one of those can only be matched by a large Blackjack.

I used to have the habit (which I've weaned myself off) of sprinking chilli sauce or tomato ketchup in my bags of salt & vinegar crisps. Thankfully I've stopped. It was based on my blood pessure from my GP who said that I should reduce my intake of salt.

So, for all you lucky people out there in brfcs-land, I should be around for a few years yet.

That's irony & possible sarcasm for the more seroius of you.

Cheers

Col;in

Archived