Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roads closed after large fire at disused warehouse in Miles Platting

I'm a big crisp fan, my top 5:

1 Walkers Max - Chargrilled steak flavour

2 Dorrito's - Chilli Heatwave

3 Monster munch - Roast beef

4 Space raiders - Pickled onion

5 Disco's - Cheese & Onion

and if we are going for the butty choice, its got to be tuna mayo with salt & vinegar square crisps, its a taste sensation!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps this should be split from original topic, not for the issue of going off topic, just that it may attract more participation if titled " King of Crisps" or some such?

Anyhow, what about fangs and bones? Puffed up corn type snacks with a horror bent. Joined later by bats and claws iirc.

Can't remember the favours. Were they fangs = tomato, bones= salt and vinegar, bats=beef and claws=onion?

283347_10150317308560813_515025812_9591100_2553029_n.jpg

• Backroom

Anyone remember Rishy crisps from Great Harrod? Ok but not the best if I remember rightly.

I remember some from Rishton / Harwood that were puff style with a green rabbit on the packet, is that them?

Has the fire gone out yet? I only ask as I've only recently got over my salt 'n' vinegar addiction (too much salt- bad for the blood perssure.) I really need to know.

who remembers the uproar of hedgehog crisps?

They were too flat for my liking. :)

Worst flavour was a prestige bag from I think M&S. "Baked potato". Thought it was strange to have a potato flavoured of a potato, but it was basically a crisp that tasted of butter.

Absolutely horrid.

Brannigan's Roast Beef & Mustard used to be amazing, but I can't find them any more. The internet suggests they still exist though.

They were indeed excellent crisps, plenty of mustard poweder on them

EARLY Stalwart-Salt And Shake. De rigeur abandoned kid outside pub whilst parents get drunk inside pacifier. Usually accompanied by a curvy glass bottle of Coca Cola with bobbing straw in.

24905_382173451230_705051230_4398665_3251981_n.jpg

7e94f5ce7d6de31830710e999781e6f4.jpg

Proper scratchings, not pork flavoured quavers

Aye there about the best you can buy from the shop, I used to get some from the butchers big hary beggars full of seasoning, fantastic stuff until they stopped doing them, same goes for the bbq mini cheddars I loved them and now they are getting a bit harder to find.

Also I remember munching on meanies in my school breaks, green packet and a really strong pickled onion flavour.

Didn't we have a thread about a large fire a few years ago? No doubt this will have been lit for the same reason and the same end result. Business rates are crippling for owners of empty properties.

No doubt Colin will be able to keep us posted of any future developments.

Didn't we have a thread about a large fire a few years ago? No doubt this will have been lit for the same reason and the same end result. Business rates are crippling for owners of empty properties.

No doubt Colin will be able to keep us posted of any future developments.

Kenyons?

Kenyons?

Now that ring's a bell abbey! I got all sorts of flak for forecasting that it was most likely an insurance scam and the site would end up with another large mosque sitting on it. In the interests of accuracy can anybody who lives near Leamington Rd please enlighten us to what exactly did happen on the site after the fire?

Without appearing too snidey I'm quite sure Colin will be able to recall it.

No worries matey, you obviously know all about the Miles Platting fire too, and how it was set by Islamic fundamentalists.

Did you know that they have also put sarin in Thirlmere?

Bye

Archived