BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Darwen End

J*B

Seem to have lost the old thread, but does anybody else think the atmosphere in the Darwen End has gone really poor this season? Granted, I know we have nothing to sing about at the moment, but it just seems to be ~100 people signing constantly, with around another ~200 joining in now and again. When we first moved there, granted there was only about 200 of us, but we made far more noise. Oh, and that drummer is ridiculously loud, and has no sense of rhythm.

It has been a bit subdued,

It is a lot harder to get up for games this season though because of reasons we all know about.. I think its become a bit of a chore this season to go to some matches.

Still very vocal though and still a lot of the same people as last season knocking about so hopefully it will start picking up again.

We haven't had any cheap ticket days this season either yet which tend to raise the volume a little.

Yeah I've noticed that. Its the effect of bandwagon jumpers I reckon. If you have 50 people all crammed together singing they're gonna create more noise and a better atmosphere than 100 singers mixed in with 200 non-singers. A lot of people want to be where there's a good atmosphere but they can't be bothered to sing all the time, they're the ones who wreck it. The exact same thing happened to the Blackburn End, 10-15 years ago it was awesome before it started getting diluted by quiet fans.

Of course bad results never help. All the kids round the DE bit start acting up (some quite disgusting anti-semitic chants on sunday) and the moaners start even though its meant to be the one place in the ground where people don't moan, everything just deteriorates. Maybe the club's efforts to reduce the number of fans sitting above us has had an effect as well, having a good slagging match with them used to wake half of our lot up.

I noticed those chants, not a nice thing to hear, especially when you see young kids joining in and not really understanding what they are singing.

Need to get those stamped out because for one its a disgusting thing to hear at Ewood, plus if they get picked up on any of the TV mikes the club would be in a real lot of trouble.

I don’t think it’s gone rapidly downhill... infact just before Spurs’ 2nd goal it was rocking... there are quieter than normal periods though which as people have already mentioned will probably be down to the poor form we are going through at the moment.

The exact same thing happened to the Blackburn End, 10-15 years ago it was awesome before it started getting diluted by quiet fans.

I miss those days. We all used to sing songs and there was a lot of wit on the terraces. Now people tend to just moan or sing songs that are as creative as a turd.

It's possibly a symptom of the increasing apathy that is creeping in during Kean's tenure. I am finding that I am not looking forward to matches as much and can't muster up the same enthusiasm that I used to have during the games. I want that old feeling of excitement back but in won't happen under Kean.

I want my Rovers back!

I’m in the Riverside right towards the Darwen End, and at first I was optimistic and even tried to get my mates to consider moving there for this season. Glad I didn't now...

I know there's not much to sing about at the moment but all they seem to do is bang the drum and sing 'Barmy Army' which seems largely contradictory when its repeated constantly, each time less enthusiastically and less 'barmy'. It’s a shame, but I think the Blackburn End is always going to be the most atmospheric. I have noticed as a whole we don’t even sing proper songs anymore, just tedious repetitive chants to the docile drummers. Negative post, yes – but true nonetheless.

I’m in the Riverside right towards the Darwen End, and at first I was optimistic and even tried to get my mates to consider moving there for this season. Glad I didn't now...

I know there's not much to sing about at the moment but all they seem to do is bang the drum and sing 'Barmy Army' which seems largely contradictory when its repeated constantly, each time less enthusiastically and less 'barmy'. It’s a shame, but I think the Blackburn End is always going to be the most atmospheric. I have noticed as a whole we don’t even sing proper songs anymore, just tedious repetitive chants to the docile drummers. Negative post, yes – but true nonetheless.

Miss some of the old songs...

Wise men sing...

It was a sunny saturday the second day of may...

You are my sunshine...

One and three would be most appropriate at this time. :brfc:

Guest Rovers4Good

Yeh those people who got the cheap seats probably can't be bothered wasting their money coming to watch but i'm sure the guys who sit in the Darwen end week in week out will do us proud in the coming weeks. :)

Archived