BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Focus On The Pitch

pancini

I am probably going to get a lot of negative comments about this but I urge everybody who is going to the game on Saturday not to protest before the game or during the game. We need to get 3 points on Saturday that is more important than anything at the moment. I want to see the team i love playing Premiership football next season to do that we need to be together. I want to see 5000 Rovers supporters showing nothing but 100% support for the team and cheering the boys onto victory. I dont want to hear 2500 fans getting behind the team for 10 minutes then suddenly because were not winning change to anti kean/Venkey songs and the other 2500 singing rovers songs we need to be 100% together and start our season. If things are going badly and were losing i expect things to take a negative turn but until then get behind the team and lets start to climb the table

I am probably going to get a lot of negative comments about this but I urge everybody who is going to the game on Saturday not to protest before the game or during the game. We need to get 3 points on Saturday that is more important than anything at the moment. I want to see the team i love playing Premiership football next season to do that we need to be together. I want to see 5000 Rovers supporters showing nothing but 100% support for the team and cheering the boys onto victory. I dont want to hear 2500 fans getting behind the team for 10 minutes then suddenly because were not winning change to anti kean/Venkey songs and the other 2500 singing rovers songs we need to be 100% together and start our season. If things are going badly and were losing i expect things to take a negative turn but until then get behind the team and lets start to climb the table

I don’t know why you think you will get negative comments for wanting fans to support the team. Other than after the way we collapsed vs. man city support for the team has been unquestioned.

That said though just out of curiosity is there any scenario during the game when you think it would be ok to show our displeasure? For what its worth I think everyone will get behind the tem 100% but if we go 2-0 3-0 behind surely the anti kean/venky message should be unanimous.

Looking at the fixtures there is a chance that even if we win we won’t go up any positions. If we win 25-0 we will still be in the relegation zone.

Best case scenario we will finish weekend in 18th still in the relegation zone but worst case scenario we will be 20th 5-6pts off getting out of the relegation zone. If it’s the latter surely its got to be the majority protesting then.

The only thing I know, is that if the crowd turn, they'll turn. No amount of organising or asking for patience will make any difference.

What will be, will be - and that's how it should be. Neither me, you, or anyone else has the right to tell someone else whether they should protest or not.

Archived