BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sunderland vs Rovers

modes98

taken from the LET......Kean “It would be easy to feel sorry for ourselves but we won’t. We will get back out on training field and putting things right for the two big homes games we have coming up.”

Every effin week he comes out with the same sentence about the training ground! I think he missed saying it in the post match interview for the first time ever but here it is again in the papers! He's doing my bloody head in!!

I seem to recall Kidd used the say the same thing repeatedly. Coaches bang on about getting things right on the training ground because that is their sphere of influence.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were unlucky with the Givet and Salgado injuries.

BUT Kean totally wasted a substitution by bringing Ollson on who was blatently not fit. Only to have to replace him with Henley after about 10 mins.

If Ollson was fit enough to play, he would've started.

Now he might be out for another period of time and we lost the sunderland game by running out of subs.

Kean can bang on about injuries to defenders but as mentioned it just brings up the same old questions about some of the transfer activity.

Why were Riberio and Anderson signed if they are not even good enough to be on the bench in a defensive crisis when we see 17 year olds coming off the bench and people starting that are not fit enough to do so.

Why are Emerton and Diouf allowed to go for free (Oh sorry we paid to get rid of Diouf) without bringing in replacements first.

If it's money that's so tight why are we blowing 1m on people like Slew when it could have been used for some important defensive cover.

Why did we not look at the loan market which is fantastic for a short term option and under a budget.

You can bring up the excuse of injuries but that just admits blame for not sorting things out in the summer.

Emerton is certainly not the answer. I think we may have sold him at the right time. He has done very little since joining the A league in Australia. Some of the young kids here have been giving him the run around all season.

I don't understand why Kean was complaining about having to play Hanley (a centre back) at right back.

He didn't have to do that. If he'd included a central midfielder on the bench he could have played Lowe at right back and brought on a midfielder for Salgado.

The full backs weren't the problem anyway, both of them did ok. The problem was the midfield sat ridiculously deep and nobody could keep possession. We should have pushed Vukcevic and Formica much further up in support Yakubu.

I shudder every time Hanley is near the first team. I know he's only a kid but he is a dreadful player. Dives into tackles in dangerous areas, man handles opposition players with little or no disguise, gets beaten for pace and beaten in the air too often. All told, he just seems a yard off the pace. I think he'd be better packing in this football lark and getting a job as a criminal underworld goon.

• Backroom

I shudder every time Hanley is near the first team. I know he's only a kid but he is a dreadful player. Dives into tackles in dangerous areas, man handles opposition players with little or no disguise, gets beaten for pace and beaten in the air too often. All told, he just seems a yard off the pace. I think he'd be better packing in this football lark and getting a job as a criminal underworld goon.

In the ressies he was rated as better than Jones at one point, wasn't he? I'm assuming the talent is there... but being thrust into the first team under Steve Kean is going to do no player much good, much less a youngster. He should be out on loan in the lower leagues, if he comes good then great, if not sell him for a bit of money and move on.

Absolutely no way should he be playing for a Premiership club. At this point he is nowhere near good enough.

Archived