BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason lowe with impressive tackle stats

Puffsan

Definitely keep him at right back for now. It's a position we had a lot of trouble with earlier in the season, it's too much of a risk to move him.

It's a good position for him to learn his trade. It's difficult to plan beyond this season with our situation, but hopefully next year we can move him into midfield.

Have to agree with you lechuck. We should keep him as rb until the end of this season. Since he is still quite young I assume he's happy as long as he gets to play regularly first team football.

As he gets older and established I would guess he would want to play in his preferred position. So if we want to keep him at Rovers long term I guess we would have to implement him in our midfield at some point.

Well for me if we bring in a right back I would be more than happy to see if Lowe can do the business for us in midifeld.

I have only seen him once for a short time in the midfield role and he was just average not very imposing but that was a while back now

I think with his style of play and the experience of playing at right back especially with having to brush up on watching oppostion runs and positioning/tackling it wouldnt suprise me if we are able to move him to his natural position that he becomes a huge player for us and fills the void jermaine jones left.

But thats a lot of ifs...

I like Lowe at right back. Not great in the air, but he can tackle and has pace and a good engine. His positioning is not too bad either. It's funny because Olsson and Lowe are theoretically poor defenders - both like going forward and are not really defensively minded. However they seem to work much better than the much more experienced and defensively minded Salgado/Givet. I think it comes down to having the pace to handle the inordinate amount of quick wingers in the Premiership.

Not surprisingthe stabalisation of our form has come with Lowe, Olsson and Petrovic settling into the side.

I think that the ability to be quick and flexible is a lot more important these days for full backs than pure defensive positional sense.

Eg Salgado obviously knows how to defend but isn't quick/nimble enough to keep up with premier league wingers.

The best full backs in the league are fairly lightweight and quick, A.Cole, Evra etc

Get him back into CM as soon as we sign a decent right-back (which admittedly could be years). I don't think its done Jones' advancement as a decent centre half any favours at all to be played in midfield just as often. Lowe to me looks a quality prospect in centre-mid, so the sooner we can get him playing there the better. Having said that he's definitely getting better as a right back after what I thought was a shakey start.

Im Sorry, english is my second language, but I try to write as understandable as I can, though im not perfect :)

Don't worry Puffsan, it's a joke.

"tackle" is another name for a mens' private parts...so "impressive tackle stats" sounds funny in that context.

Of course, if Majiball was a bit more grown up, we wouldn't have had this misunderstanding. ;)

Im Sorry, english is my second language, but I try to write as understandable as I can, though im not perfect :)

Sorry fella, it was just a bit of humour in the manner Lechuck describes.

Don't worry Puffsan, it's a joke.

"tackle" is another name for a mens' private parts...so "impressive tackle stats" sounds funny in that context.

Of course, if Majiball was a bit more grown up, we wouldn't have had this misunderstanding. ;)

What are you on about I'm as mature as Stilton.

maybe if we sign this scot sutter and he can do a reasonable job at RB does anybody think Lowe could be the energetic centre mid we need, cos i dont think we will be signing one(of any note) unless samba goes which doesnt look like happening(now harry wanknapps a little busy tellin fibs in court :rolleyes:)

Archived