BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Kelly

Mercer

Does anyone know what has happened to Paul Kelly who worked with Dave Fevre ?

Friend of mine mentioned it tonight and when I looked on Rovers' official site, he was no longer there.

I know Kelly was very highly regarded generally but can't remember seeing anything about his departure.

Perhaps Brockhall should be renamed Bermuda Triangle given the rate of, perhaps unexplained, disappearances !

A poster on this MB has told me that he understands that he was 'poached' by Dr Batty for City about 6 weeks ago and Rovers have kept quiet (certainly no press release that I'm aware of). Yet another seemingly capable and efficient employee gone.

Dave Fevre is still here think he's been here about 13/14 years - has good reputation both inside and outside the game (medics outside the game have mentioned him to me).

As for Doc Robertson - replaced Batty but know very little about him as, seemingly, do others I've spoken with.

I repeat the questiin, do we have any medical staff left with any reputation? If I'm remembering rightly we have had four of them leave now, and I heard nothing about replacements.

I think Grella is actually our medical expert now, obvious choice given the time spend around the former staff. Of course, much like Dunny as a coach, all players will now have dual roles at the club in a bid to keep costs down.

Robbo - Trophy polisher

Samba - Blues doorman

Givet - Programmes (and big issue) seller

Orr - sales (phonetic nautical joke)

Pedersen - Towel laundry

Hoilett - Cleaner

Rochina - tea boy

Formica - news desk cover (think about it)

Olsson twins - Blues bar cocktail barmen

Goodwillie - Brew Room pot wash

I think Grella is actually our medical expert now, obvious choice given the time spend around the former staff. Of course, much like Dunny as a coach, all players will now have dual roles at the club in a bid to keep costs down.

Robbo - Trophy polisher

Samba - Blues doorman

Givet - Programmes (and big issue) seller

Orr - sales (phonetic nautical joke)

Pedersen - Towel laundry

Hoilett - Cleaner

Rochina - tea boy

Formica - news desk cover (think about it)

Olsson twins - Blues bar cocktail barmen

Goodwillie - Brew Room pot wash

Who has taken Roberts previous job of chief arselicker? Dunny?

• 3 weeks later...

A poster on this MB has told me that he understands that he was 'poached' by Dr Batty for City about 6 weeks ago and Rovers have kept quiet (certainly no press release that I'm aware of). Yet another seemingly capable and efficient employee gone.

It's true that Paul Kelly went to Man City and Dr Batty went to them during the 2011/12 pre-season and he could have played a part in getting City to sign him. However, there has been rumours about that Kelly had signed for City as a trainee but his career was cut short through injury.

Dave Fevre is still here think he's been here about 13/14 years - has good reputation both inside and outside the game (medics outside the game have mentioned him to me). As for Doc Robertson - replaced Batty but know very little about him as, seemingly, do others I've spoken with.

Mr Fevre has a 'good' reputation? He has an outstanding reputation, you just have to speak with teh current and also ex-players at the club for their opinion of him. He has an indepth knowledge and it's no wonder one of his former employer's went to take him back a few years ago but Mr Fevre showed his loyality and stayed at the club.

As for Dr Robertson, I've not heard much about him, but he appears to be very well respected at the club.

It's true that Paul Kelly went to Man City and Dr Batty went to them during the 2011/12 pre-season and he could have played a part in getting City to sign him. However, there has been rumours about that Kelly had signed for City as a trainee but his career was cut short through injury.

Mr Fevre has a 'good' reputation? He has an outstanding reputation, you just have to speak with teh current and also ex-players at the club for their opinion of him. He has an indepth knowledge and it's no wonder one of his former employer's went to take him back a few years ago but Mr Fevre showed his loyality and stayed at the club.

As for Dr Robertson, I've not heard much about him, but he appears to be very well respected at the club.

Hmmm. Money talks and can't see Rovers competing financially with the big clubs. Last time Rovers recruited a physio to work under Fevre, I understand they offered £35k, just about reasonable if benchmarked against private practice hospital terms, especially given the demands placed on these guys. As for Dr Robertson, would be more interested in what some of the leading ortho surgeons think of him !!!

Archived