BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean versus McCarthy

mark

My final post on this.

You should put IMO at the end of that statement, or speak to the countless chairmen in the pl who have hired people with fewer qualifications than Kean. Gray, Sbargia, Lee etc are people hired with similar backgrounds to Kean. To summarise:

1. ours was not a unique situation.

2. Other people out there with worst pl records than Kean in a job so a fallacy to suggest that Kean would have been sacked elsewhere.

Am I allowed to hold this opinion or are the fascist police out there unhappy?

It is a unique situation, because of those other (also crap) former PL managers you mentioned...none had a far more experienced manager sacked to make way for them.

They all took over when managers walked.

Furthermore, do you have ANY other source, with any quotes, about Kean turning down an SPL job? That one looks like a plant to me.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a unique situation, because of those other (also crap) former PL managers you mentioned...none had a far more experienced manager sacked to make way for them.

They all took over when managers walked.

Furthermore, do you have ANY other source, with any quotes, about Kean turning down an SPL job? That one looks like a plant to me.

Well google provides links to Steve Kean turning down Kilmarnock:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/05/28/kilmarnock-miss-out-on-blackburn-coach-steve-kean-as-manager-search-goes-on-86908-22291631/

If only Allardyce had let him go.

Here's a decent article. I haven't seen this website before. It looks like it could be based, partially at least, in India.

Opening Paragraph:

Only two points separate the bottom five in the Premier League. And till a few weeks back, the managerial situation at all of these five clubs was similar. Managers had either been found out and become tactically inept, like Neil Warnock at QPR, Kean at Blackburn or McCarthy at Wolves, or were too keen on playing a brand of football with the wrong set of players at the wrong club, like Coyle at Bolton and Martinez at Wigan.
Wolves may be indebted to him, but Mick’s record shows a win percentage of only 19.6% in the top flight – even lower than Steve Kean’s thus far.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/mccarthy-wolves-kean-blackburn-which-ideology-will-pay-off/

Not really sure Wolves have done the right thing. Too late to sack a manager at this stage-no-one will want the apparent 4 month contract being suggested. Can't think of anyone who would make that much difference to Mick now-being hampered with no transfers. The clock is ticking on their new appointment-6 days to the next match-it would take 2 or three games to know the players etc-unless thay have a plan B (ala premiership manager with survival know how)-can't think of any available.

Archived