SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean versus McCarthy

mark

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I was reading the comments of some Wolves fans earlier. Amazingly some would like Ince involved in some managerial role there. I hope they get their wish !

If Ince takes over there at least one relegation place is as good as sealed.

Sadly I very much doubt our good pal Incy will get anywhere close to the job. It'll be Bruce or Warnock imo.

Anybody manager would be better than kean, but personally I would not take McCarthy, honest bloke but not the quality required.

If we are in the Championship next season, McCarthy would be a good choice to take us out of it. After that? Probably not.

As for Kean--------not a manager, shows no sign he's learned anything in over a year.

I'd easily take McCarthy over Kean

If the question was "Would you take McCarthy over a number of other qualified applicants?", I'd say 'probably not' - But that's not the question.

As to Kean vs McCarthy

McCarthy wears his heart on his sleeve and is honest to fans - Kean is a motivational speaking spin doctoring compulsive liar

McCarthy did what he could with few funds and a much poorer squad than Rovers, and held a Championship quality squad in the PL as long as he could - Kean has taken a decent mid table PL squad and run it down to relegation and Championship material

McCarthy has SOME credentials - Kean has NO credentials

McCarthy does not have the stench of corruption about him - Kean....well....nuff said.

Wolves have decided that its time for a change, and fair enough too. But they are still in the fight. Can you imagine how far adrift they would be with that squad if Kean had been in charge over there all year ???

Topman, take a step back, a long breath and read what I said again. I cannot be bothered to repeat myself again and refuse to provide legal documentation to prove to you that I am not a troll as you you feel MG Road needs to lol. I am sure I talked to you before about giving Rovers a miss for a while, may help you see things rationally.

You're missing a pretty important fact here.

Kean was number 3 when he was promoted to manager. Neil McDonald was number 2.

If you can find me other examples of that happening I might agree that you had a point...

Stuart Gray Southampton- first team coach.

Ricky Sbargia- was a first team Coach, there was an assistant coach and a head coach ahead of him, he was number FOUR.

Scraping the barrel now.

Assistant managers have always and will always get chances of top jonb, Ray Harford, Brian Kidd, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Steve McLaren and so on.

Usually these assistants have a stellar track record behind them and support from the boss they are replacing, players and so on that they are capable of stepping up.

However, BRFC number 3 Steve Kean only got his job because of his relationship with his Agent and/or the owners.

Traipsing aroud with Chris Coleman as he muddled around is not a qualification for a first managers job at a PL club.

HE DID NOT DESERVE IT

I know it, you know it, so stop trolling/playing devils advocate or whatever it is you are doing.

Scraping the barrel now.

Assistant managers have always and will always get chances of top jonb, Ray Harford, Brian Kidd, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Steve McLaren and so on.

Usually these assistants have a stellar track record behind them and support from the boss they are replacing, players and so on that they are capable of stepping up.

However, BRFC number 3 Steve Kean only got his job because of his relationship with his Agent and/or the owners.

Traipsing aroud with Chris Coleman as he muddled around is not a qualification for a first managers job at a PL club.

HE DID NOT DESERVE IT

I know it, you know it, so stop trolling/playing devils advocate or whatever it is you are doing.

You are making Kean sound like a window cleaner, he like numerous other coaches have got jobs in the pl as manager, whether he deserves it or not the point is precedents are in place where first team coaches, not even assistant managers have become managers so Kean becoming manager was not a unique case, why is that so hard to understand? He was offered other managers jobs because he is qualified on paper to the extent that he trains others, does not make him a good manager and I have maintained this throughout.

The wrong one got sacked.

And guess who are first up to visit Molyneux and face the new manager syndrome.

Yes Steve clueless Kean. And we all remember how the team meekly surrendered in the last 5 minutes at Sunderland.

I thought we surrendered after like 30mins, basically as soon as we scored.

You are making Kean sound like a window cleaner, he like numerous other coaches have got jobs in the pl as manager, whether he deserves it or not the point is precedents are in place where first team coaches, not even assistant managers have become managers so Kean becoming manager was not a unique case, why is that so hard to understand? He was offered other managers jobs because he is qualified on paper to the extent that he trains others, does not make him a good manager and I have maintained this throughout.

Its the manner in which he initially engineered the position for himself,

Its his dealings with the fans,

Its his lies,

Its his tactics, etc etc etc....

There isn't one reason as to why the bald one should manage anything or anyone.

He was number 3 at the club initially, assistant is the highest he should ever have been elevated to.

What he is a master at is spin. He is in a position where he will never deserve to be.

A number of news sources are saying McCarthy will already be offered the Leeds post.

Leeds only sacked Grayson about 10 days ago. Apparently, they have not brought in someone new. Leeds lost at home to Birmingham 4-1 and sacked him. What if these losses had been narrower? The big home losses are doing the managers in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2100692/Mick-McCarthy-offered-Leeds-job.html

So Mick McCarthy would not even be off a week's amount of time before starting a new job, Leeds is 10th in the Championship with a lot of matches remaining, I'd say about 16 remaining. That is if he wanted to jump right back into things.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/england/championship/2011-2012/regular-season/

Is he balls qualified. Stop arguing for the sake of it.

Scraping the barrel now.

HE DID NOT DESERVE IT

Quite correct !

He is qualified to coach, he was in no way qualified or experienced enough for a PL managers job.

My final post on this.

You should put IMO at the end of that statement, or speak to the countless chairmen in the pl who have hired people with fewer qualifications than Kean. Gray, Sbargia, Lee etc are people hired with similar backgrounds to Kean. To summarise:

1. ours was not a unique situation.

2. Other people out there with worst pl records than Kean in a job so a fallacy to suggest that Kean would have been sacked elsewhere.

Am I allowed to hold this opinion or are the fascist police out there unhappy?

So... he got the job becuse of his excellent reputation in the game as a rising star that was scresming out to be parachuted into his first job at a top half Prmeier League club... or his agent was Jerome Anderson.

Come on imy, you enjoy getting a rise out of folk, you've done it on thread after thread for 12 months.

Archived