BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The darkside of football

If this kind of thing was to happen in England, Fifa would be hitting us with the hardest punishment possible (and rightly so). All teams would be banned from playing in Europe and the national team would probably be excluded from international competitions.

For some reason Fifa turns a blind eye to what goes on in countries like Greece and Russia. We also see the outrageous racist behaviour towards Black players in former Yugoslavian countries such as Bosnia and Serbia etc. But again Fifa will not tackle these countries.

In my opinion it goes to show how corrupt Fifa is and is a far cry from the `Fifa family` image they like to portray to the rest of the world.

For some reason Fifa turns a blind eye to what goes on in countries like Greece and Russia. We also see the outrageous racist behaviour towards Black players in former Yugoslavian countries such as Bosnia and Serbia etc. But again Fifa will not tackle these countries.

Not only Bosnia and Serbia bb. Racist behaviour is following English clubs around Europe now. Last week it was Man City in Porto today it's being directed toward the Chelsea squad in Napoli. imo opposing fans of English clubs around Europe have detected a national weakness through the overblown recent issues regarding Blatter, Terry/Ferdinand, Suarez/Evra etc and are now exploiting it for all they are worth as a standard tactic. Whether we like it or not it is the way of football and if we succumb to it it's worked. 'Sticks and stones' simply isn't adopted round these parts anymore. Pity cos not doing so is a weakness.

We in this country are on some kind of sanctimonious guilt trip. We simply make too much of an issue of racism. When a TV personality of long standing has to publically apologise for innocently using the term 'coloured' to describe black players then we really need to look at ourselves. We lower our voices in public whenever certain words are used and certain topics come up but the truth is I don't think many could actually properly define the term 'racism' if they tried, much less distinguish it from all sorts of 'isms' which we have eagerly adopted without resort to proper definition or thought. To mention the colour of an individual is not racist it is usually based on fact so what kind of skewed logic have we employed to make it so? In a nutshell we are doing a passable impression of King Canute by adopting our permanent stance of frothy, self righteous indignation.

Are we wrong? Are we right? Who knows? Only time will tell. What I do know is that whichever we are it appears that we are in the minority and at odds with most of Europe and some may even say most of the World. Am I alone in wondering how we can justify our sensitivities and what other nations think of us when we criticise them over certain issues whilst at the same time turning a blind eye and even encouraging our young adults to act like lawless, uncouth, sex crazed barbarians in assorted foreign hotspots whilst out of their heads on all manner of drugs legal and illegal! As a antion we really need to look in a mirror.

its one thing to personaly dislike a race or a culture as everybodies entitled to their own beliefs, but verbally or physically attacking sombody just because you dont like them for whatever pathetic excuse of a reason isnt accebtable.

Quite right Elvis, but I need no converting.... So instead you go and preach that to the rest of Europe and the known world. ;)

its one thing to personaly dislike a race or a culture as everybodies entitled to their own beliefs, but verbally or physically attacking sombody just because you dont like them for whatever pathetic excuse of a reason isnt accebtable.

sayin that though, im not a fan of these religous not jobs in there closed communities in blackburn and if they all fell of the face of the planet id be much happier.

First time I've had chance to watch that clip. Truly shocking.

Sickening to think that such behaviour goes on unreported and yet Rovers fans somehow end up in the press being described as disgusting for shouting Kean Out...

First time I've had chance to watch that clip. Truly shocking.

Sickening to think that such behaviour goes on unreported and yet Rovers fans somehow end up in the press being described as disgusting for shouting Kean Out...

maybe its because he is Scottish

maybe its because he is Scottish

OR maybe it is because "kean out" isn't the only chant going around the ground on matchdays!!(its just the most printable inoffensive one), allthough i agree totaly the scenes in the video where shockin, maybe slightly heightened by the videos soundtrack(ANYBODY KNOW THE SONG/BAND?), but still.

Kean out.

Venkys where are you, come on show yourselves.

OR maybe it is because "kean out" isn't the only chant going around the ground on matchdays!!(its just the most printable inoffensive one)

Yeah, there's 'KEANO, TIME TO GO! KEANO KEANO, TIME TO GO!' :o

Sickening...

allthough i agree totaly the scenes in the video where shockin, maybe slightly heightened by the videos soundtrack(ANYBODY KNOW THE SONG/BAND?), but still.

lol. First comment below the video. There's your answer.

Archived