BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Parachute Payments = Profit?

What I still fail to grasp is how the team was being budgeted each week and certain players couldn't get a game due to contractual clauses all so Venky's could save a few grand. But arguably that damaged our chances of staying up, which is going to cost the club MILLIONS. Was it really worth it?

There's no chance they'll cover that debt.

I'm afraid we're going into administration. This could be the end of Rovers 'cos I don't see anyone picking up the bill once the Venky's discard us.

Realistically we have enough players of value - whose departure would help reduce the wage bill and any transfer fee would help make up the short fall in the short term.

With good management this isn't necessarily the end .............. damn just seen flaw in argument we are doomed :(

I think it was very telling that in the post match interview last night Kean put a fair bit of emphasis on bringing players through the academy. I wouldn't expect players in this summer unless we have a lot of outgoings.

And that, my friend is exactly how he will sell it to the Indians who, in their state of supreme idiocy will fall for it hook, line and sinker. Young players coming through and doing well = big bucks for greedy people. On that basis alone I expect him to be here for some time yet.

What I still fail to grasp is how the team was being budgeted each week and certain players couldn't get a game due to contractual clauses all so Venky's could save a few grand. But arguably that damaged our chances of staying up, which is going to cost the club MILLIONS. Was it really worth it?

You do have to question their rationale - it wasn't necessaily a question of spending millions in transfer fees - just a few thousand to save over £100m (if we don't get promoted again). Wouldn't be surprised to find out this is ultimate Burnley sponsored revenge - as nothing else makes sense at the moment.

Looking at the squad and the way it has been shorn the only players I can see staying who command a premiership wage are Dann, Pedersen and Dunn. If whoever manages us has any sense they will find a way shift Dann (please God), someone like Stoke might take a punt on Pedersen. So that just leaves Dunn who to be honest I would keep just to have a leader of sorts around the place.

Big earners like Robinson, Yakubu, Vukcevic, Givet we should be able to sell reasonably easily. Not sure what sort of money Nzonzi, Orr, Petrovic, Formica, Rochina, Goodwillie will be on but potentially sub 15k.

The amount of senior well paid pros who have left the club is really quite amazing. Venkys might not be able to turn a profit but they might be able to avoid a loss.

You do have to question their rationale - it wasn't necessaily a question of spending millions in transfer fees - just a few thousand to save over £100m (if we don't get promoted again). Wouldn't be surprised to find out this is ultimate Burnley sponsored revenge - as nothing else makes sense at the moment.

I said awhile back, it's like a real life version of Football Manager when you deliberately take over a team and sabotage it. I mean, seriously, what more could they have done?

Archived