BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Karl Robinson

Perhaps a but premature but if Kean goes Karl Robinson is being linked with the managers job at Rovers.

"Suits reported at Ewood", "Karen Silk reportedly called to away from a meeting". Could be smoke without fire but SSN have tweeted his name.

Young, upcoming, sought after manager, with previous at Rovers. Or tarred with the P*** I*** brush?

What would people think to him as manager.

ABK not allowed as a response.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/7762516/Robinson-in-Rovers-frame

Interesting Sam bigging up Robinson. Has he recommended any managers so young before?

I hear very good things about him and his MK Dons side play a nice brand of football. But i fear that John Gorman played a very big part in his success there. A wise old head like that can be so so important. Next year will be key for Robinson. Ordinarily i'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but Ince burnt our fingers.

In much the same way Roberto Martinez probably needs a job somewhere in between Wigan and Liverpool, I think Robinson needs to prove himself somewhere in between MK Dons and Rovers. But then again, i guess i still consider us as being premier league. I guess we have now become the stepping stone.

not being funny but if he is the favourite should kean go does this not tell us everything? cheap option? plus he has a background of bringing through youth and playing them? so 1 hes cheap and wont be demanding high wages. and 2.they will look for him to bring through the youth team and not spend much money on buying players and also expecting him to get us promoted as the same time....

Sounds like a gamble to me. But I would take mickey mouse over Kean so why not.

I hear very good things about him and his MK Dons side play a nice brand of football. But i fear that John Gorman played a very big part in his success there. A wise old head like that can be so so important. Next year will be key for Robinson. Ordinarily i'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but Ince burnt our fingers.

In much the same way Roberto Martinez probably needs a job somewhere in between Wigan and Liverpool, I think Robinson needs to prove himself somewhere in between MK Dons and Rovers. But then again, i guess i still consider us as being premier league. I guess we have now become the stepping stone.

Yep, MK Dons are no longer Worlds apart from Blackburn Rovers. When Paul Ince left them, they had just gained promotion to League 1 and Rovers had previously finished top half in the premiership under Sparky. Fast forward to now and MK Dons missed out on promotion to the Championship through the playoffs and I would expect Rovers to spend a year of consolidation at the most in the championship before even considering them worthy of a promotion push...well, thats if Steve Kean sticks around anyway.

The difference between League 1 and Championship isn't so big these days IMO, you only have to look at Southampton and Norwhich in the last 2 years, and I wouldn't be surprised if Charlton are up there next season.

McCarthy Mcleish and Steve Bruce are all managers with things in common that imo we need

1) experience in this division

2) promotion from this divsion

3) a desire to get back in the PL

I would be pretty confident of McLeish getting us promoted.....he's done it before and Birmingham came 9th before going down the next season.

Managers like McLeish and Steve Bruce aren't "failed managers".......ppl like Kean and Kidd are.......they have had success at certain clubs just not at others.......Ince had success before coming here but it only took until about February until I would of preferred him back over Kean.

McLeish was successful at Hibs as well and was pretty good for Scotland apart from losing to Georgia after beating France.

With a few exceptions just knowing our manager wasn't Kean anymore would just make me love them instantly.

Archived