BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast #40

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

BRFCS Podcast 40 features assistant editor Eddie, forum member philipl and Glenn of BRFCS admin discussing the recent meetings organised by the BRFC Action Group and the opening day draw with Ipswich Town with BRFCS editor Wen Y Hu.

Our thanks to Glenn for the production of this podcast.

The podcast is published to the front page here.

It is also available via the following link. Just paste the link into your browser address bar.

http://brfcspod.brfcsltd.netdna-cdn.com/BRFCS-40.mp3

Hi guys.

I have been listening to your podcast for a little while now. Possibly since the start but I cant remember. I have realised recently that itunes (or mine at least) doesn't update your podcasts very well.

Last 1 I listened to was 38. I checked this site and saw 39 come up. Few days have gone past but iTunes still only thinks 38 is latest and now 40 is released.

Has anyone heard of this anomaly? does anyone else get this?

I have tried unsubscribing, deleting and re-subscribing but as my podcasts are set to a default setting to only get the latest (like I suspect most folks have) it means Ive ended up missing some. :'-(

Any comments, ideas...

Im using a macbook pro to manage my iphone 4 podcasts if that makes any odds.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Thanks for the feedback, sparconi. We are experiencing one or two problems at the moment with the servers. Biddy and Glenn are also looking into the iTunes problem, among others. In the meantime try downloading from the link above or from the front page and then saving it to your desktop. You can add it to your iTunes Library manually, then.

Yep. I just fixed the iTunes issue (you may need to use the "update podcast" link in itunes to force it to refresh, after the #39 and #40 should be available.

I've also fixed the system that automatically updates our Facebook page (go and like us, you know you want to :) ) with the latest news.

With that and the shenanigans getting the Shebby podcast done, it's been rather a busy night for all of us!

I have to ask;

Does anybody attempt to clean the audio up? I can suggest some very simple procedures to remove the hiss and background noise.

edit

Apologies this post wast meant for the shebby singh interview topic.

I have to ask;

Does anybody attempt to clean the audio up? I can suggest some very simple procedures to remove the hiss and background noise.

edit

Apologies this post wast meant for the shebby singh interview topic.

Tend to do for Podcasts, havent recently though because we never really get complaints. If you look at the difference between this interview and the Kean one you should notice massive differences in audio quality.

Podcasts and interviews in football have an extremely short shelf life, we walked out of Ewood at 10:38 and this was uploaded to the BRFCS server at 11:54AM. I could spend hours editing, bluperting and mastering each podcast, but actually this is one of few examples where there speed the content reaches the audience tends to vastly overrule quality.

Still, your more than welcome to start giving up your free time to help?

I can be maybe of use in terms of advice - especially in the sound field as it is more or less what I do for a living.

Other than that, I cannot imagine what other use I could be to you.

Great podcast as always guys.

Re: Sound Quality - I can understand where Jbizzle is coming from as I'm a bit finicky when it comes to sound production(I'm a sound engineer with 4yrs touring exp, currently sound eng/show producer in a radio station). but overall I think due to the nature of the podcast and quick turnover of news I think ye do a great job. Always a pleasure to listen to.

I can be maybe of use in terms of advice - especially in the sound field as it is more or less what I do for a living.

Other than that, I cannot imagine what other use I could be to you.

I think Josh, Glenn and Wen do a fantastic job editing and getting the podcast up and are more than capable of getting the sound quality to be top notch (or at least as good as it can be considering we aren't in an actual studio), but as Josh pointed out the main factor in all of this is time. The goal is to get the podcasts up as quickly as possible and that involves editing 1-2 1/2 hours of material and then getting it uploaded.

Archived