BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A mass boycott - Is it possible?

I have just spoken to the LT department about printing a full page ad for a full week. First off they said they would print it as they do not discriminate etc etc and for a full page it would be 1295 for the full week. The nice lady is kindly collating a variation of sizes and prices and will email them to me at some point today. Now, I think we can raise this money and get a message out right accross east lancashire to politly ask Rovers fans to stay away from Ewood for 1 match. The effect/impact it will have I dont know, but we should give it a try. I am sure national journos would pick up on it as well and write up about it so the message gets further afield

Regardless of who ends up writing it, such a notice should be properly drafted and PROOF READ.

In my humble opinion, people should be informed that it does not purport to be an instruction of any kind to any supporter, nor does it question anybody's right to attend Ewood Park. It is simply a call to all fans to answer the disdain with which they've been treated in a manner well known to make the owners take notice: in the pocket.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of who ends up writing it, such a notice should be properly drafted and PROOF READ.

In my humble opinion, people should be informed that it does not purport to be an instruction of any kind to any supporter, nor does it question anybody's right to attend Ewood Park. It is simply a call to all fans to answer the disdain with which they've been treated in a manner well known to make the owners take notice: in the pocket.

It should also suggest that those who want to attend maybe should delay their attendance by five minutes or so into the game, to show their displeasure.

Additionally, during the course of the game, those outside should support the team with a cacophony of noise that will be heard inside.

Coventry City organised a 'late into the ground' protest last year I believe where most of the crowd demonstrated outside at the start of the game, if people could mooch round their fan forums maybe they'd be happy to share their tactics. They were in a dire situation but Coventry is a big city so I think the numbers they were trying to reach were probably similar. They probably also encountered same similar problems about fan division over the boycott etc so any info people can dig up on that will be useful.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2011/12/15/coventry-city-fans-in-boycott-game-call-92746-29955958/

If this is going to be done, can we please have someone with knowledge in this area to do the work, someone with a background in advertising?

Nothing worse than a half hearted attempt that would make us all look silly.

I and 4 others will be boycotting.

We are all out of town season ticket holders who enjoyed the social aspect of meeting up as well as the match. But frankly I am sick to death of feeling no enjoyment only hatred towards Kean/Venkys on matchdays.

This club is dead.

Archived