BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A mass boycott - Is it possible?

A lot of the people you need to get through to are people who don't visit these websites. Best thing to do would be a billboard in Blackburn and a full page advert in the paper.

Use the guy who has done the t shirt designs and aim it firmly at Kean. Use his quotes and what's actually happened and I'm sure you'd get somewhere.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just spoken to the LT department about printing a full page ad for a full week. First off they said they would print it as they do not discriminate etc etc and for a full page it would be 1295 for the full week. The nice lady is kindly collating a variation of sizes and prices and will email them to me at some point today. Now, I think we can raise this money and get a message out right accross east lancashire to politly ask Rovers fans to stay away from Ewood for 1 match. The effect/impact it will have I dont know, but we should give it a try. I am sure national journos would pick up on it as well and write up about it so the message gets further afield

Great stuff - managable fee indeed. This deserves its own thread when you've received the samples from the LT

... unless, of course, team Kean spins the newspaper ad stunt and tells the loving and caring lady that is Anuradha Desai that this is exactly what Kean is up against; namely an ungrateful bunch of fans who will stop at nothing to humiliate the hard working Kean when the team is fighting for promotion...

I have just spoken to the LT department about printing a full page ad for a full week. First off they said they would print it as they do not discriminate etc etc and for a full page it would be 1295 for the full week. The nice lady is kindly collating a variation of sizes and prices and will email them to me at some point today. Now, I think we can raise this money and get a message out right accross east lancashire to politly ask Rovers fans to stay away from Ewood for 1 match. The effect/impact it will have I dont know, but we should give it a try. I am sure national journos would pick up on it as well and write up about it so the message gets further afield

I pledge 50 quid

To reach the non-internet based fans the LT is the logical approach. However it really needs to get back page coverage and I can't see them using the back page to cover and advert within their own paper. Something needs doing that is newsworthy enough to replace the local trivial stories they have on the front page and on the billboards. What? I have no idea.

A boycott would send out not only a powerful message to Venkys, but to English football in general.

The implications will be massive but the stick and abuse thrown back at the fans from the football industry and its leeches the football media will be equally massive so be prepared for this backlash.

Should say that Rovers fans image has already been tarnished so maybe for the Rovers fans there wont be too much too lose from this action.

I will contribute.

It is also imperative to get Radio Lancs onboard which will cover enough of the non-messageboard/social media fans to really make the difference.

Need to ensure it is clear, simple and professional looking. Along lines of 'send a message to our owners to show what attendances will be like if Kean is retained....' etc..

Good luck.

I have just spoken to the LT department about printing a full page ad for a full week. First off they said they would print it as they do not discriminate etc etc and for a full page it would be 1295 for the full week. The nice lady is kindly collating a variation of sizes and prices and will email them to me at some point today.

Great idea.

Having spent many years in advertising sales I would advise you to not pay the rate card price. Nobody pays that..start at 50% of that quote and tell her to ring you on deadline day if she's desperate for a sale....far too expensive.

Ta

Archived