BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Is The Difference ?

ABBEY

between Rovers fans wanting numb nuts out and Bolton Fans wanting Chimp ears out?

I was chatting to a Bolton mate last night and they are on about going down the marching,sit in etc. Yet NO media person/outlet is having a pop at them .It cant just be down to JA can it?

I asked him if he would want Kean and he said NO KEAN CHANCE , however a fair few he knows said they would.(the mind boggles).

Heres a few unhappy piggies. http://www.the-wanderer.co.uk/boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23963&sid=b959820ecc0468f2dfa3e1e4a6ccd1c3

If bolton fans want kean, then they are more stupid than i thought. You might be on to something there with JA and the media outlets, also a lot of the pundits (Merson) are sem clients so they are happy to give thier pennies worth regarding rovers.

Isn't "Coylie" (a gem, a worldie etc) an SEM client also?

If Bolton start ramping up their protests, let's see it come out in the media.

I've really gone off scottish managers. Coyle doesn't seem much better than Kean, and the only difference on the touchline is that he claps and shouts meaningless crap.

Wolves were in the prem as were villa and they protested and nothing was said about them apart from loyal fans.

several reasons probably. they didn't ever have to get to the level we did to even get our voices heard; they didn't have to carry on as long; Agnew and Kean, whatever else they may be, are good at spin. Kean was very protected in press conferences, so much so that someone remarked last week, when asked to ask the awkward questions, "He always has such smooth answers" at which point the answer was "Yes, I know. He lies" I think you'll find that most of the media knew for quite some time that he was useless and that most of what he spouted wasn't true, but there was a lot of manipulation from people of influence in media circles. Know for a fact that what was said publicly and privately by many was completely different.

Bruce got the sack at Sunderland at the slightest grumbling of the fans. All these cases (Sunderland, Wolves and Villa) were dealt with quickly and decisively and didn't cause any media backlash or didn't divide the fans in any way. So I have to say Venkys are the real reason things got so bad for Rovers, lets hope they make amends.

Bruce got the sack at Sunderland at the slightest grumbling of the fans. All these cases (Sunderland, Wolves and Villa) were dealt with quickly and decisively and didn't cause any media backlash or didn't divide the fans in any way. So I have to say Venkys are the real reason things got so bad for Rovers, lets hope they make amends.

Venky's are undoubtedly the root cause of everything wrong with our club. However, I do think Kean's contacts in the game, together with our 'small club' status made it all too easy for the media to close ranks and paint Cueball as the martyr.

I think the 2 main reasons for it were:

1- The role Kean, Agnew et al played with the whole sympathy thing and all the excuses Kean used to give.

2 - The fact that much of the general public presumed we normally battle relegation anyway and what were we really even moaning about.

There was actually a third one when I thought about this last year but I can't remember what it is at the moment.

Archived