BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Singh

ABBEY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-32388168- luckily a fans group have clubbed together to help him out. A fine that large for a pensioner, who then had to apologise publically!!

Many fans have made remarks on messageboards and facebook that have had legal proceedings put in place against them. Karl Oyston's got more front than....(well, you get the idea).

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/community/community-news/warning-to-fans-over-online-abuse-1-6580591.

Don't you remember when JA's mobile number was produced on here, then several folk left him messages? He had comments removed on an LT article as well, which was subsequently retracted.

I have pasted this from the article He added: "I'm not condoning what Frank has said or done. If people put allegations on social media that are found to be factually incorrect, there has to be repercussions. I repeat what I have said, not may people have been sued for telling the truth. It looks like whatever was posted was factually incorrect, either that or the article is wrong. People obviously can be sued for posting something that is factually incorrect, but that is NOT what I said.

It also reports on these articles that threats were made and again, I did NOT say that type of thing would not lead to someone being sued. I still don't know of anyone being sued for telling the TRUTH.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Court summons can be issued for numerous reasons, whether the content in question is truthful or not. Win or lose, court cases cost money, hence the need for a legal team and funds to pay for these conflicts.

Archived