SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Singh

ABBEY

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

For me he has shown he probably isn't up to task with the way this has been carried out and too many cooks spoil the broth, Are both Shebby and Shaw needed?

Lets be honest this has been a farce, targeting Mckinlay then releasing a statement to a fan group and not official means is amateur at best

What is his role now? We've seen he likes to don a track suit and hit the training ground, do we want him there?

He's a massive tool, however...

If two months ago, someone had said Shebby could force Kean out and replace him with Berg, we would have been delighted.

So let's not to be too harsh. Hopefully he'll move away into the background as the club recovers from Kean's reign.

Had it not been for Shebby then Kean would still be here, so for that I will always be eternally grateful.

However, the search for the new manager has shown Shebby up, to say it has been handled in an "amatuerish" manner would be kind. Rovers and Shebby are now even more of a laughing stock within the game.

He's a massive tool, however...

If two months ago, someone had said Shebby could force Kean out and replace him with Berg, we would have been delighted.

So let's not to be too harsh. Hopefully he'll move away into the background as the club recovers from Kean's reign.

Delighted? Berg was sacked by a club in the Norwegian league, which I'd imagine is a level than makes the SPL look top quality. Its another joke of an appointment when there are plenty of experienced managers to pick from. I'd rather have Black than Berg. Shabby has made a total mess of this entire process because he thinks he's too clever to listen to anyone else.

Delighted? Berg was sacked by a club in the Norwegian league, which I'd imagine is a level than makes the SPL look top quality. Its another joke of an appointment when there are plenty of experienced managers to pick from. I'd rather have Black than Berg. Shabby has made a total mess of this entire process because he thinks he's too clever to listen to anyone else.

You talk about 'experienced managers' and then say you'd rather have Black than Berg.

You are talking utter rubbish and I suggest you read an article about Henning's jobs in Norway and the stories behind them before you shoot your mouth off.

And another thing....the Norwegian league is currently ranked 13th in Europe. The SPL is 18th.

You talk about 'experienced managers' and then say you'd rather have Black than Berg.

You are talking utter rubbish and I suggest you read an article about Henning's jobs in Norway and the stories behind them before you shoot your mouth off.

Yeah, an experienced manager would be by far my first choice. But a guy with a 46% win record at Coventry is a lot better than a guy with 31% at Lillestrom. The only story I care about is "On 27 October 2011, after gaining only a single point in 8 matches, Berg was sacked from Lillestrøm."

Whats in Berg's favour? He used to be a very good player for us and was in the title winning team.

Whats against him? He was sacked by his last club and he's never managed at a decent level.

Now whats more relevant to his ability to manage us out of those? I suggest you put your bra back on and get a grip.

I was talking retrospectively. I'm sure every single person here would have jumped at the chance to swap Kean for Berg a few months ago.

Obviously Singh could and should have handled this whole replacement process better, but the fact remains that we'll be much better of for Shebby's interventions than if he hadn't been here.

The only story I care about is "On 27 October 2011, after gaining only a single point in 8 matches, Berg was sacked from Lillestrøm."

So six seasons of management and you focus on eight games? You honestly don't think there's not a flaw in that approach? I think most managers will have had a poor eight game run at some point.

Everything needs context. Have a read of Puffsan's summary of Berg's time in Norway, at least it adds some context to the stats: http://www.brfcs.com...40#entry1332572

Archived