BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Singh

ABBEY

So six seasons of management and you focus on eight games? You honestly don't think there's not a flaw in that approach? I think most managers will have had a poor eight game run at some point.

Everything needs context. Have a read of Puffsan's summary of Berg's time in Norway, at least it adds some context to the stats: http://www.brfcs.com...40#entry1332572

1 point in 8 games is diabolical. If he did that for us at any point this season then we would without doubt have no chance of promotion. You could say it adds some context, or you could say it makes excuses. Any manager who comes to us will have nothing if not a raft of good excuses. Troublesome owners, a self-important meddling global advisor, questionable control over transfers. We need a manager who gets results whatever the circumstances, not one who'll crop up on another team's board in a few years with their fans suggesting he was hard done by at Blackburn.

And again, the Norwegian league, really? £50m per year rests on this decision right now, and fans are happy to entrust it to someone with experience of managing at about League 1 level?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 point in 8 games is diabolical. If he did that for us at any point this season then we would without doubt have no chance of promotion. You could say it adds some context, or you could say it makes excuses. Any manager who comes to us will have nothing if not a raft of good excuses. Troublesome owners, a self-important meddling global advisor, questionable control over transfers. We need a manager who gets results whatever the circumstances, not one who'll crop up on another team's board in a few years with their fans suggesting he was hard done by at Blackburn.

And again, the Norwegian league, really? £50m per year rests on this decision right now, and fans are happy to entrust it to someone with experience of managing at about League 1 level?

I wouldn't say 'happy', but certainly prepared to give him a chance. Roberto Di Matteo hardly seemed qualified to take over Chelsea, but look how that's turned out.

Anyway we seem to have ventured away from discussion about Singh and into something best suited to the "Next Manager" topic.

You talk about 'experienced managers' and then say you'd rather have Black than Berg.

You are talking utter rubbish and I suggest you read an article about Henning's jobs in Norway and the stories behind them before you shoot your mouth off.

And another thing....the Norwegian league is currently ranked 13th in Europe. The SPL is 18th.

Roy Hodgson came from Inter Milan, had success in the Swedish league, was a very successful Swiss manager but was a disaster for us. The truth is that there is very little reason to suggest Berg has what it takes - and that's what bothers people. That doesn't mean that he wont do a good job for rovers.

Bit unfair to call Roy a 'disaster'.

Had a great first season, where we were top for a period before it fizzled out a bit towards the end.

Player power and losing the changing room were what brought Roy down.

Roy Hodgson came from Inter Milan, had success in the Swedish league, was a very successful Swiss manager but was a disaster for us. The truth is that there is very little reason to suggest Berg has what it takes - and that's what bothers people. That doesn't mean that he wont do a good job for rovers.

- Took Lyn to 3rd place on a very tiny budget. (almost won the league)

- Full of knowledge about the game. Even went against Souness and wanted 4 at the back when Souness wanted 3 which led to Rovers shipping in goals against Sunderland.

- Demanding 100% from his players.

- Knows the club and community.

Agreed, Hodgson's first season saw some tremendous football played & only a bunch of players rebelling about double training sessions & a few carping not getting longer off after the World Cup in 98 brought him down

Quite untrue. List his sales, signings and fees paid for them.

Shebby is far more popular in Bolton I'll bet!! My mates love him. I do hope he takes the furthest back seat now our manager has been chosen. He's a clown and makes a mockery of our club. Can't imagine Jack would have allowed him anywhere near the club!

• Backroom

The appointment of Berg should be the end of Singh as a media mouthpiece for the club in any fashion. The man is an embarrassment.

Unfortunately we all know Shebby loves the sound of his own voice and shameless self-promotion too much to take a back seat. I foresee plenty of laughter in the future as relates to Shebby Singh - coming from everywhere except Blackburn.

The appointment of Berg should be the end of Singh as a media mouthpiece for the club in any fashion. The man is an embarrassment.

Unfortunately we all know Shebby loves the sound of his own voice and shameless self-promotion too much to take a back seat. I foresee plenty of laughter in the future as relates to Shebby Singh - coming from everywhere except Blackburn.

Berg's first job must be to isolate Singh from the football field.

Back when Shebby was appointed - would you have been happy, IF come October Kean was gone and an Ex Rover who isnt a YES man would be appointed, whilst we sit 5th in the league - would you have been happy?

Kean wanted Cox, Shebby said we could do better - he delivered, and not only that - he got the owners to spend serious wonga doing it.

99% would have been very happy with all that - so for now, despite the delay with the new manager, and his reluctance to allow Shaw get his choice - we have to give him some credit.

• Backroom

I'm happy with the outcome ultimately reached (which is the main thing here) but not the processNot convinced it wasn't an almost accidental appointment but either way lets hope it works out.

Shebby and Berg are going to have to work together and as long as boundaries are set there is nothing to say it can't work out

Now the green shoots of Henning Begs term in charge appear to be showing, is it time to think maybe the venkys got something right at last!

To continue their (hopefully) re-habilitation, is it now the time for them to re hire JW and let Shebby get on with advising the world and leave the football people to get on with their job?

Archived