BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Still can't understand why Schuster was dropped from the list, Shebby is (or at least was) a fan, he isn't that expensive (was on the same wage as Kean), his win percentage overall is impressive especially considering the teams he has managed (75 games at Real and 8 at Shaktar make up less than 1/4 games and are a minor part of his overall 45% win percentage.. yes the wiki stats are off btw), would of been able to attract some interesting players of the calibre the bling man, he always hires people with knowledge of the league he is in, has a very good record managing wayward players (Queserma, Robinho, Robben, Raul, Guti et al), can manage with limited budgets.. and this is excluding his playing career, style of play and winning la liga. Still I guess he does not give a good presser...

Part of me is glad Redknapp fell out of the running.. I always find it scary though not always his fault that three of the clubs he managed went into administration (Bournemouth, Southampton and Portsmouth), one spent over a hundred mil (spuds) and the other was rescued from administration (wham).. yes a simplified view as he had long gone from the cherries but still scary.

To be fair though. I will not be unhappy with Berg.. but then after all this I guess I will just be happy with someone with half a brain (that excludes Maradona btw). Here is a curious question.. who was a close friend of Maradona, in the running for the job and rated one of the best coaches by the likes of Hitzfeld, Beckenbauer, Rijkaard and Camacho?

[edit] typo

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexanders is your man on this one but |I would guess he is, he is an intelligant man and will membrace all the latest technology etc

Think that we need to know from our colleagues in Norway about how Berg sets his teams up? At the end of the day they will know!

Does he set them up to defend properly? Does he set them up like Stevie K, (attack lads, you are better, we can score more than them?) Thus leaving centre backs to be pulled out of position to cover for full backs that have gone walk about and then opposing forwards thinking its suddenly their birthday?

Whoever the new man is, he needs to set up properly. There is IMO enough tallent in the squad to win this league or at least be promoted although the ballance at this moment is stupidly unballanced thanks to our ex friend Stevie.

I agree with many posters though the next man should not be Diego M!

I will make a longer post on why I feel Berg is a good choice when I get Internet back online as I won't do it on the phone.

I don't claim to know everything about him but I will give you my personal opinion of his management career in the two clubs, playing style etc

This is beyond tiresome now. When are these utter morons ever going to realise that it's all about Blackburn Rovers F.C? It's not about self preservation, egos, money, looking good in front of your friends etc. etc. Not one decision has been taken for the good of the club. They had (maybe still do) the chance to win back at least a good few of the fans but here we are, almost 5 weeks later, still keaning around. How are they so stupid? They have learnt absolutely nothing and its a wonder that people still want to be associated with Venky's. The nightmare continues

There's not a chance of them winning me back no matter what they do. They're killing the club.

This is beyond tiresome now. When are these utter morons ever going to realise that it's all about Blackburn Rovers F.C? It's not about self preservation, egos, money, looking good in front of your friends etc. etc. Not one decision has been taken for the good of the club. They had (maybe still do) the chance to win back at least a good few of the fans but here we are, almost 5 weeks later, still keaning around. How are they so stupid? They have learnt absolutely nothing and its a wonder that people still want to be associated with Venky's. The nightmare continues

And when will they realize that if they ignored all this stuff, they would look good in front of their friends and would get good publicity and all the stuff they want. One hand would feed the other but they are going about it totally the wrong way.

If its berg than good luck. An opportunity to hire some cracking candidates like schuster, harry etc a chance to make a statement of meaning business and a chance to win fans back. Berg can't even cut his own pub league. Complete ant climax and comedown. Nowt against berg but id have choosen the fillets over the sirloin.

Black would have been better than a complete gamble, just hope it works out. Karl Robinson ruled out at a mo some fans forum, said to be flattered but was sticking to the dons

I will make a longer post on why I feel Berg is a good choice when I get Internet back online as I won't do it on the phone.

I don't claim to know everything about him but I will give you my personal opinion of his management career in the two clubs, playing style etc

Will be good to read the context surrounding Berg's previous management jobs. It's also interesting to read how he fits in with what Shebby said last week:

Presenter “You have talked about the different types of managers you could go for , have you decided what kind of manager you are going for yet?”

Shebby: Yeah, Yeah, I, I think, you know, this is in football in general right, its not related to Shebby Singh or to Blackburn Rovers directly. I think in football there is three categories. You know, one is, of course, the senior experienced, wise, old head, you know - and there’s not too many of them by the way - and then you have a group, you know, who have tasted success, who have tasted, erm erm, failure as well and ,you know, what you can get from them and this group is, this group is big.

And then the one, you know, is there, you know the next big thing, young manager, dynamic, vibrant, who can be the next big thing. I mean in 2002 Porto said hmm ,Jose Mourinho, hang on a minute , you know, we'll give him a chance. So this group is the most interesting one , because so you've got to look, you've got to find, you're got to search and that is why its possibly taken more time.

Presenter: “So would Billy McKinlay fit into that category?”

I assume Shebby thinks he is in the last category because he didn't blot his career with a Lillestrom relegation. I would have thought his 5-6 years in management would put him in Shebby's all encompassing anti-Holloway middle category but then I haven't played International football at right back for Malaysia so I don't know much.

So after 5 weeks of searching for a manager they've found Berg! And Maradona thrown in to grab the headlines (I hope).

Nothings changed, a group of chimpanzees couldn't have done worse.

We remain a total laughing stock, this administration and these owners cannot get anything right. Utterly embarrassing.

Big fan of Berg as a player. Good luck to him, I can't help feeling sorry for him though, he deserves better.

So after 5 weeks of searching for a manager they've found Berg! And Maradona thrown in to grab the headlines (I hope).

We remain a total laughing stock, this administration and these owners cannot get anything right. Utterly embarrassing.

Big fan of Berg as a player. Good luck to him, I can't help feeling sorry for him though, he deserves better.

Yes, 5 weeks to employ a guy who could've been appointed within a day and who can't get a job in Norway.

A predictable anti climax but good luck to Henning.

He'll need it.

Yes, 5 weeks to employ a guy who could've been appointed within a day and who can't get a job in Norway.

A predictable anti climax but good luck to Henning.

He'll need it.

If its true, we at least will have an honest and proper person as manager (Black excepted, he cant be faulted really) Berg will be OK and he will have lots of info on the club and what we have player wise!! Wouldnt surprise me to see Craig Short as his number 2!

We aren't a laughing stock. Nobody actually cares. We are a northern Chumpionship club.

Arrived at the office in London today to a barrage of mickey taking, and not for the first time in the last two years I don't have anything to say back. We are a laughing stock.

Just how far have we fallen as a club when we feel sorry for a manager before he has even taken up the role.

Sad times.

Arrived at the office in London today to a barrage of mickey taking, and not for the first time in the last two years I don't have anything to say back. We are a laughing stock.

Just how far have we fallen as a club when we feel sorry for a manager before he has even taken up the role.

Sad times.

Same, I got ripped this morning too.

Archived