Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No guesses as to who Nicko is referring to:

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@mozrover Mrs D gave approval on the appointment of a manager TWO WEEKS ago. We are still waiting on agreement between Singh and Shaw on him

This info has been knocking around for a bit now. The story is that this particular "experienced" manager was up for signing on the dotted line and Balaji wanted him. Heard that Shaw was and still is pushing for it and pleading for someone to see sense. Our good friend decided against it and told the owners we can do better.

And yes it's quite obvious who it is.

One for the thoughts as we head to the day of judgement and the appointment of our new Number 1.

OWEN COYLE

Can't see it myself. Any other names you want to randomly throw out?

This info has been knocking around for a bit now. The story is that this particular "experienced" manager was up for signing on the dotted line and Balaji wanted him. Heard that Shaw was and still is pushing for it and pleading for someone to see sense. Our good friend decided against it and told the owners we can do better.

Obviously 100% correct. I mean, you guys all know exactly what is happening when nobody else does.

i will be quite happy with Berg.

Top draw player for us and as far as i'm aware never said/done anything negative toward fans and club and i have absolutely no reason not to want the fella to succeed if he gets the job.

No slippery agent joined at the hip, no hidden agenda's and hopefully all football related decisions to be made for footballing reasons alone.

If he fails sack him quickly as was the norm and we can be a proper club again

no seriously man ...if thats who these guys employ ..... he might as well come with very good backroom staff to run the show and this maradona is the figurehead ...

The most hated and despised person to all English football supporters, and in my opinion, a druggie, fat and horrible person!

The conspiricies would all open up again if he came anywhere near our club!!

The only trouble is...

...we can't do better.

All those deemed "better" wouldn't touch us with yours. Pretty soon - if not already - Mr. H won't either.

Top draw player for us and as far as i'm aware never said/done anything negative toward fans and club and i have absolutely no reason not to want the fella to succeed if he gets the job.

No slippery agent joined at the hip, no hidden agenda's and hopefully all football related decisions to be made for footballing reasons alone.

Exactly, + 1,000,000

The only trouble is...

...we can't do better.

All those deemed "better" wouldn't touch us with yours. Pretty soon - if not already - Mr. H won't either.

There are plenty of experienced managers who would take it - just someone doesnt want them, he would prefer an ex rover who has a long future ahead of him!!

The most hated and despised person to all English football supporters, and in my opinion, a druggie, fat and horrible person!

The conspiricies would all open up again if he came anywhere near our club!!

Best footballer ever though... and a surprisingly defence minded manager too. Problem is he doesn't speak English and is crazy.

Problem is that if he fails then Venkys won't sack him quickly.

There were worse names touted than Berg and I'd definitely prefer him to Sherwood. But can't help but feel disappointed we've missed the chance to appoint some proven quality rather than someone with a mixed record in the Norweigian league.

From ESPN:

Redknapp was on a three-man shortlist to replace Steve Kean at Ewood Park but now there are two candidates left in the reckoning.

Former Blackburn captain Henning Berg was interviewed on Monday while the other manager under consideration is not thought to be Blackpool boss Ian Holloway or Huddersfield's Simon Grayson, who were both linked with the vacancy.

Who is this mystery man? Maradona or Glenn Hoddle?

Problem is that if he fails then Venkys won't sack him quickly.

There were worse names touted than Berg and I'd definitely prefer him to Sherwood. But can't help but feel disappointed we've missed the chance to appoint some proven quality rather than someone with a mixed record in the Norweigian league.

The crowd won't turn on Berg so soon. I think they will direct their anger towards Venky's

From ESPN:

Redknapp was on a three-man shortlist to replace Steve Kean at Ewood Park but now there are two candidates left in the reckoning.

Former Blackburn captain Henning Berg was interviewed on Monday while the other manager under consideration is not thought to be Blackpool boss Ian Holloway or Huddersfield's Simon Grayson, who were both linked with the vacancy.

Who is this mystery man? Maradona or Glenn Hoddle?

Will someone please stop mentioning Maradonna, its making me vomit!

Who is hated more? lets get him in and sign Barton, Ched Evans, Lee hughes etc!!

Trouble is, Balaji likes his superstars even though to me he wasnt, nowhere near George Best!

Me thinks someone is still upset that Shilton got outjumped by an oompa loompa.

Archived