BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like the search is coming to an end.

A lot of people are starting to sound like they have convinced themselves that they are too good to go back to Ewood unless Venky's deliver some miracle manager.

Beggars can't be choosers, and as a fan base we where all on our knees begging for Kean to be sacked for 18 months, If Berg gets the job, he gets my support. Just hope the majority feel the same.

You can pick faults with just about any manager we have been linked with in the last month, so when the appointment finally comes, lets just get behind him eh, whether the manager is your preferred choice or not.

The problem is that "get behind the manager whoever it is" however gallant and right it is, isn't going to fix the club's problems should we not go back up. What then? A bad appointment now could completely ruin our chances of promotion. It's especially angering as there are candidates around who are looking for a job who could do a decent job here.

You are making the mistake that I said above, you are pretending Holloway's career started at Blackpool 2 years ago. It didn't, look at his WHOLE career.

dont know kean about holloway, but another and well informed poster wrote, that after his average start as manager, he decided to stop as a manager and instead decided to go to holland and educate himself and thus becoming a better manager. So it wouldnt be fair to look at his career in 2 parts, the one prior to his road trip and the second part, after he studied his trade in holland.?

Got to disagree with you there DMTP. You have to look at the squad Holloway has at Blackpool. It's pretty poor yet Blackpool are still going to be in the promotion shake-up according to the bookies and that is because of the manager. I feel he gets unfair press coverage because he is so honest and slightly erratic and that makes him out to be stupid, which he certainly isn't.

Over the last three seasons, you cannot doubt his track record. He got one of the poorest squads in the Championship promoted and then nearly kept almost the exact same squad there and would have barring some shocking refereeing decisions. The year after, even though he had lost many players in this same 'poor' team, he almost got them promoted again. He's done all of this with his hands tied behind his back.

He has shown over the last few years that he has learned from his mistakes at Leicester and deserves a crack with a better squad of players.

What like that draw against us when we were at home, when they scored from a penalty that wasn't a penalty and a free kick that wasn't a free kick?......neutrals I was watching that game with agreed with me.

Decisions even themselves out and is never a reason teams get relegated.....have you seen Bolton's last game last season? Those were some pretty shocking decisions.

I think he gets favourable reviews in the media because the ball is played across the floor, regardless of how successful it is.

I wouldn't be against appointing him but he does seem over-rated on here, often by those who have openly dismissed McCarthy, Coyle, McLeish etc.

It sounds like the search is coming to an end.

A lot of people are starting to sound like they have convinced themselves that they are too good to go back to Ewood unless Venky's deliver some miracle manager.

Beggars can't be choosers, and as a fan base we where all on our knees begging for Kean to be sacked for 18 months, If Berg gets the job, he gets my support. Just hope the majority feel the same.

You can pick faults with just about any manager we have been linked with in the last month, so when the appointment finally comes, lets just get behind him eh, whether the manager is your preferred choice or not.

I think you are right. We are falling into that geordie trap of thinking we are a bigger club than we are. I wanted Kean gone and when he was I renewed my ST. Now I know it wasn't the wisest thing to do perhaps but I'd said i would and so I did. Now whoever comes, unless it were by some very unlikely chance DM, I'd want to give him a chance. I might not like him, but then I couldn't and still can't stand Allardyce, and I still managed to carry on supporting the club and the team. as you say, there are drawbacks to every manager, and we're never going to find a perfect fit. Some very good managers have failed at some very unlikely clubs and others have succeeded where they have no right to. I'll be there giving just about whoever a chance.

According to Shebby, yes. He already came out saying that he had never and will not interfere in team selection, and that the manager will have his 100% support. That remains his view even today.

Naughty one Black Burn. Team selection wont be interfered with? Lets widen that also, to transfers in and out, now that should be the area that we all should also be looking at.

I take it with Redknapp ruling himself out it's looking increasingly likely Berg is going to be the new manager? (Sorry can't be bothered going over yet another days posts on this).

If so I will get behind him and give him a chance. Strange they're looking at appointing someone who has been pretty critical of their ownership as per the following articles from earlier in the year:-

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn-rovers-will-struggle-under-venkys-894597

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120508/exclusive-berg-venkys-blame-blackburn-relegation-171547

On the Holloway subject he failed miserably at Leicester but he admits this himself and learnt from his mistakes there hence his completely different style at Blackpool - http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Blackpool-boss-Ian-Holloway-time-Leicester-City/story-16804343-detail/story.html.

are you shebbys lovechild ?

Shebby is as big a parasite and Charlatan as Steve Kean the sooner he is out the club the better all what comes out shebbys mouth is BS anyone who has been taken in by Shebby is as big a fool IMO

a two bob player from a tin pot league the footballing equivalent of Darwen a poor pundit in an area which is a footballing non entity the guy is totally under qualified and so out his depth it is unreal.....what wage is he taking from Rovers ? a nice chunk I bet for being as hopeless as Kean was...

I'm just the messenger, please don't shoot me. Someone asked, I answered. Just because I repeated what he said doesn't mean I'm pro-Shebby. Jesus, this is the reason why Glen and the others left the messageboard. People ask them questions, they answer and ended up getting slated or abused for it.

It doesnt matter what happened before, its what happens now, there are no gaurantees, a highly rated manager could fail and an average one could be a success, it happens that way in football!!

There were, on paper, many good candidates for the Rovers job, if it is Berg, get behind him, always gave 100% as a player and we will get the same as a manager, honest and extremely knowledgable and whilst there may have been as I say better options on paper, I would be delighted to welcome Henning back to the club!

I still want shuster in with tugay as number 2 being groomed to take over in 2 years once we're back in PL ... but not all comes true ...

but be it berg or holloway ... any is fine as long as we get promoted .. but we must support the next manager ....

Why Tugay whats his communication skills like. When we've had Michel Salgado in our camp, Tugay becomes a distant second to the spaniard.

It doesnt matter what happened before, its what happens now, there are no gaurantees, a highly rated manager could fail and an average one could be a success, it happens that way in football!!

As someone said earlier in the thread, the idea should be to limit the chances of failure. Appointing a novice would be a gamble. If this happens and we fail, questions should be asked but at that point who is to say the person responsible will still be here to be questioned.

roverandout should be here any minute to declare that he is ripping his season ticket up

I'm just waiting to see the deluge of those kinds of posts on here once the new manager is announced(no matter who it is), this site seems to mainly attract the borderline schizo manic depressive sorts(lately anyway).(they are funny to read though)

Lets face it, the venkys era will be the wild west with cowboys and indians no matter how much they try to fix things, so why not go all the way and get gods hand maradona himself.

I think his daughter is married to aguero so they probably live in manchester, go diego you can see your grandson every day.

Ok, not happening.

With the current squad i think former real madrid man shuster would be great, but whoever it is its not SK so im saving my complaints until febrary/march. Unless its mcleish, in that case... i wont boo, ill just close my eyes

After finding some information on Bergs managerial career, i think he will do well.

This is pretty impressive given the circumstances -

The 2009-season was one of great upheaval. In an increasingly tight economic position, LSK sold or released 11 players before and during the season, with Berg also restructuring the squad and bringing in new talent. Enormous injury problems also made the start to the season a difficult one for Berg's charges. After 9 games, LSK had won none and drawn four and seemed destined for relegation.[citation needed] An impressive comeback saw Lillestrøm deliver a strong second half to the season, eventually finishing 11th. Newcomer Nosa Igiebor had an especially impressive first season in the Lillestrøm jersey.

The team continued to impress over the course of the winter and start of the 2010 season. LSK were in early June fifth in the Tippeligaen, undefeated in 14 league matches. They saw however a dramatic drop in form over the summer which saw them briefly flirt with relegation, before a late surge of form late in the season salvaged 10th place.

Naughty one Black Burn. Team selection wont be interfered with? Lets widen that also, to transfers in and out, now that should be the area that we all should also be looking at.

Like I said, I'm just repeating what he said. I'm not sure I believe him, and he didn't mention transfers so I'm not going to put words into his mouth.

Oh, hey, where is The Expert? I want to ask him about Judan Ali and his other conspiracies. Funny, he seems to have gone quiet.....

I'm just waiting to see the deluge of those kinds of posts on here once the new manager is announced(no matter who it is), this site seems to mainly attract the borderline schizo manic depressive sorts(lately anyway).(they are funny to read though)

"Schizo manic depressive."

Lovely. Let me tell you, with posts like that, I'm positively drooling over the prospect of your further posts.

Ignorant little person.

Why Tugay whats his communication skills like. When we've had Michel Salgado in our camp, Tugay becomes a distant second to the spaniard.

Tugay is one of the most respected players this clubs had in the last 25years(by teamates and fans), pretty much every player that played with tugay in his time at rovers consider him to be one of the greatest players they have played alongside.

"Schizo manic depressive."

Lovely. Let me tell you, with posts like that, I'm positively drooling over the prospect of your further posts.

Ignorant little person.

i should have also added humourless!!!

After finding some information on Bergs managerial career, i think he will do well.

This is pretty impressive given the circumstances -

The 2009-season was one of great upheaval. In an increasingly tight economic position, LSK sold or released 11 players before and during the season, with Berg also restructuring the squad and bringing in new talent. Enormous injury problems also made the start to the season a difficult one for Berg's charges. After 9 games, LSK had won none and drawn four and seemed destined for relegation.[citation needed] An impressive comeback saw Lillestrøm deliver a strong second half to the season, eventually finishing 11th. Newcomer Nosa Igiebor had an especially impressive first season in the Lillestrøm jersey.

The team continued to impress over the course of the winter and start of the 2010 season. LSK were in early June fifth in the Tippeligaen, undefeated in 14 league matches. They saw however a dramatic drop in form over the summer which saw them briefly flirt with relegation, before a late surge of form late in the season salvaged 10th place.

And that my friend, is the mere tip of the iceberg of Berg's managerial career! What do you all say we celebrate with Carlsberg after his appointment is confirmed? And I'm sure Steven Spielberg would love to film a movie about Blackburn Rovers, starring none other than our Henning Berg! And Henning will fit right in with the Queen of Hens, Desai! All that's left for Henning is penning the deal!

No guesses as to who Nicko is referring to:

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@mozrover Mrs D gave approval on the appointment of a manager TWO WEEKS ago. We are still waiting on agreement between Singh and Shaw on him

Sorry, I just had to guess. Is he Ian Holloway?

Like I said, I'm just repeating what he said. I'm not sure I believe him, and he didn't mention transfers so I'm not going to put words into his mouth.

For Rovers to succeed any new manger has to have full control of incomings and outgoings after the utter dross that you guys have assembled over the past two years.

For Rovers to succeed any new manger has to have full control of incomings and outgoings after the utter dross that you guys have assembled over the past two years.

Yeah, pass that message to Glen and the BRAG will tell Shebby Singh......oh wait, don't bother. You guys are going to abuse him again anyway, and claim that BRAG's views don't represent the majority of fans. And so the cycle of abuse repeats......

Archived