BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

The problem is it's not that Christians/Muslims have become more liberal over homosexuality, they've just found a way of saying the same thing is a more flowery way. The usual line now is "We hate the sin but love the sinner" which is obviously a cop out when you think about it, they're still saying they hate the very idea of people being actively gay, but you're alright so long as you abstain.

Um......no, you're still talking about the minority who are rooted in the conservative bunch. I'm talking about churches that actively allows gay marriages, and there are Christians and Muslims who are homosexuals (says a lot if the "sinner" himself or herself believes in the religion). Religion is not a rigid system of beliefs where you follow everything the Bible or Quran tells you, it has become a more flexible institution that allows compromise and accepts that not everyone is born the same as each other.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they will appoint tomorrow. Interviews are now over. I'm slightly nervous as to who they pick. Berg seems to fit the bill of what Shebby wants so he's probably favourite. I'd certainly take Hoddle.

Okay where have i missed that Hoddle has definitely had an interview, must have nodded off with the excitement. not.

Norweigan press coming over according to Kamy on twitter. Must be Berg or Solksjaer for the managers job. Some seem confident it's solksjaer. Would be happy with that!

According to Glen, Soklsjaer is not being considered for the job. There is no interest in him. I think it's because he rejected us after we approached him, thinking that taking over Rovers for the next half of the season is a little too tough, and he doesn't want to uproot his family from Norway.

RE Hoddle

Judge him on his statements. All the other stuff in religion doesn't matter (unless he's specifically said he's fundamentalist) as nobody knows exactly what another believes in. We do know one thing he believes (or believed - if he doesn't believe it anymore then maybe I'd like him to get the job) and I personally am sickened by it.

Anyway, if rumours are to be believed (and we all know rumours are always right) - All hail Berg. He has my full support.

Just read on facebook.

Dave Swanton claiming Shaw to quit over the constant disagreements over the manager,

Although I'm no fan of Shaw following his staunch support of Kean, surely that's not good news?

If what we hear is to be believed (yeah, I know...) then it's Shaw who has wanted the experienced appointment, whereas Singh has been chasing 'the next Mourinho' by the way of McKinlay and Ali.

Oh dear...

Has anyone actually ruled Shearer out yet? He obviously wanted the job and he is on record as saying he would speak to Rovers if they were interested. We have been working on this 3 person shortlist of Harry, Olly and Berg but people have said others would be interviewed. Still a dark horse for me unless I've missed an 'absolutely not' from anyone.

I think True Blue and White is trying to criticize religion as a whole and make a point that it shouldn't matter what religion the manager believes in because his beliefs will in some way or another offend a marginalized group of people, intentionally or unintentionally. Of course, they don't go out and announce their beliefs to public, but that's besides the point.

While I see his point, I do confess I have to disagree with him a little. Christians and Muslims are more liberal nowsadays and they don't believe every single word in the Bible or the Quran to the letter. Some Churches allow gay marriages. The Pope himself has said evolution and aliens are possible. Religion while still strong and mostly conversative, does compromise with marginalized people. That said, I will respect the beliefs and religion of whoever the new manager is, be him Muslim, Mormon, Catholic, Christian or Buddhist. Just not Satanist, or he'll have our players drawing pentagrams and slaughtering goats and virigns as sacrifices before matches for our victories.

In Saudi, a predominently Muslim country, if you are gay, you are executed!!

According to Glen, Soklsjaer is not being considered for the job. There is no interest in him. I think it's because he rejected us after we approached him, thinking that taking over Rovers for the next half of the season is a little too tough, and he doesn't want to uproot his family from Norway.

I respect Glen's sources but he did say that McKinlay wasn't being considered for the job yet he was approached. Hope he's incorrect on this one as well because Solksjaer would be good.

Although I'm no fan of Shaw following his staunch support of Kean, surely that's not good news?

If what we hear is to be believed (yeah, I know...) then it's Shaw who has wanted the experienced appointment, whereas Singh has been chasing 'the next Mourinho' by the way of McKinlay and Ali.

Oh dear...

It's only a rumour.

I've flagged up several times over the weeks that I think a Hoddle/Wilkins management team would be first class.

I don't particularly like Hoddle as a person in much the same way as I don't particularly like Redknapp.

But if he's the best person for the job......... And I think its a bit harsh to hold a comment be made 10-15 years ago against him - however harsh.

Nixon was the only one that dismissed the Redknapp rumours, but hey, he talks out of his arse right?

Have been saying for ages that Nicko gets more right than wrong and leaves others trailing in his wake. A top journo !

No way that Solskjaer would leave before the end of the season.

Shebby's promised an appointment tomorrow.

I'm sure Shebby announced Solskjaer would take over after the Norwegian season has finished then it would still fulfil the promise. A manager would have been appointed, they just wouldn't be available to start immediately.

Still, I don't think it is. Given out information leaks out of our club at the moment, I doubt it could have been kept off the radar whilst Berg has drifted onto it from nowhere.

from who?cant see it myself would be far to ambitious/logical/sensible from shebby etc

Mikey Delap on twitter and from Vital Blackburn seems to think so. And I've heard from others too but they could be wrong. Berg would seem a more obvious and likely appointment.

Even if it comes from Shebby himself?

If the reports of him not wanting to go for the most sensible and qualified candidate in Holloway are accurate then especially if it's from Shebby himself. He seems quite keen to tell people either what they want to hear or what will garner him the most plaudits. Name-dropping as a show for the fans does not seem implausible to me.

I'm sure we did speak to Redknapp's camp at least once but it strikes me as we've done the equivalent of getting a Christmas card from a girl at primary school and thinking we're in because she wrote 'love' instead of 'from'.

Have been saying for ages that Nicko gets more right than wrong and leaves others trailing in his wake. A top journo !

I think MM if anybody had the time and inclination to note all of Nixon's 'exclusives', you'd see pretty quickly that he just uses a scattergun approach and hopes that something, somewhere will eventually come right.

It's a job that literally anybody could do with absolutely no contacts.

Use a different manager each day, sensationalise (ie: make up) a story to go with it and then move onto a different name for the following day.

When one of the managers is finally appointed, just pull the one correct article out of dozens of incorrect ones and claim you're the greatest hack in the world.

Archived