BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

In Saudi, a predominently Muslim country, if you are gay, you are executed!!

In Malaysia and Indonesia, countries with more Muslims in the world than any of the Middle East put together, nobody cares if you're gay as long as you don't publicly flaunt it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Shebby announced Solskjaer would take over after the Norwegian season has finished then it would still fulfil the promise. A manager would have been appointed, they just wouldn't be available to start immediately.

Still, I don't think it is. Given out information leaks out of our club at the moment, I doubt it could have been kept off the radar whilst Berg has drifted onto it from nowhere.

I doubt it too.

I don't expect any semantic tricks from Shebby.

I think True Blue and White is trying to criticize religion as a whole and make a point that it shouldn't matter what religion the manager believes in because his beliefs will in some way or another offend a marginalized group of people, intentionally or unintentionally. Of course, they don't go out and announce their beliefs to public, but that's besides the point.

While I see his point, I do confess I have to disagree with him a little. Christians and Muslims are more liberal nowsadays and they don't believe every single word in the Bible or the Quran to the letter. Some Churches allow gay marriages. The Pope himself has said evolution and aliens are possible. Religion while still strong and mostly conversative, does compromise with marginalized people. That said, I will respect the beliefs and religion of whoever the new manager is, be him Muslim, Mormon, Catholic, Christian or Buddhist. Just not Satanist, or he'll have our players drawing pentagrams and slaughtering goats and virigns as sacrifices before matches for our victories.

That would be better than some of the dross we currently get at half time anyway

Should we really be discussing religion and sexuality on the new manager's thread?

It'd be topical if we were appointing a homosexual Jew!

...which at this stage is entirely possible, considering that nobody has the foggiest what's going on.

Even if Kamy is interviewed by these people, just how reliable are these people? It wouldn't surprise me if they were barking up the wrong tree. Or were simply tying him down for an interview on the off chance Berg gets it. Or Solskjaer.

Which is still a homophobic attitude.

Not really, considering that heterosexual couples are also discouraged from displaying their affection for one another in public.

Have we appointed anyone yet?...

Let's ask that question again tomorrow. Glen says the club is confident that they will appoint someone by tomorrow.

think ive completely lost faith in some of the ITKs, Kamy has been alright, he hasnt said 'we are getting this person defo' but the rest of them seem to be just sprouting names to get followers / attention.

I think im just gonna stop following now until we get a new manager

Not really, considering that heterosexual couples are also discouraged from displaying their affection for one another in public.

Is there a difference in the level of discouragement?

Incidentally, that's still not good, either way.

Is there a difference in the level of discouragement?

Incidentally, that's still not good, either way.

No, you just get disapproving looks from public. A far cry from the Middle East where you'll probably be dragged out to the middle of the desert and stoned to death or get your head chopped off.

I could just about cope with Berg. He always seemed like he had his head screwed on right. Came back once before and did well.

If it does go wrong. I shall be blaming Venkys and not Berg however. I felt justified in blaming Kean as he was an odious character with no honour. I won't feel that about Berg though.

I've flagged up several times over the weeks that I think a Hoddle/Wilkins management team would be first class.

I don't particularly like Hoddle as a person in much the same way as I don't particularly like Redknapp.

But if he's the best person for the job......... And I think its a bit harsh to hold a comment be made 10-15 years ago against him - however harsh.

Hoddle and Wilkins would be a great management team, I think Wilkins is a very good assistant/coach, he seemed to have a lot of influence at Chelsea, their form seemed to dip greatly when he left there.

Archived