BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

The Shabby Singh show should become one for SKY HD in next seasons top productions. Wankysworld strikes again !

The idiot is just that, a shocking excuse of an appointment by the lunes from pune.

GET OUT AND STAY OUT.

Together you have ruined our club and I have seen n othing whatsoever to make me think you can right the wrongs of 2 years of sheer incompetence. What you have done is unforgiveable and intolerable.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was absolutely no way Redkapp was ever coming here given logistics, age, owners, club's senior management before you even get to his financial needs. Smelt wrong right from the start. IMO, his people 'played us' to help secure his next job.

Rumours that Shaw now thinking of walking.

Have been saying for a few days now that Shebby on the thinnest of ice and I still think he might get binned. I am pretty certain that Pune know what has been going on with Singh and Shaw and, IMO, the fact that Singh has not delivered and got things wrong (eg misread Mckinlay issue completely) doesn't augur well for him.

Don't rule out a Shaw / Holloway combo !

We need an appointment soon or I fear for my sanity. Surely Glenn Doddle wouldn't be considered, the guy's not worked as a football manager for years.

Maybe they're just interviewing anyone willing to turn up for an interview?

And what happened to this story about Singh walking out of the interview with Hollowhead? Are we now meant to believe that no-one was interviewed until today?

I've never known anything so messed up. They really do not have a clue who they want or how to go after him. The whole thing's just staggering.

The Shabby Singh show should become one for SKY HD in next seasons top productions. Wankysworld strikes again !

The idiot is just that, a shocking excuse of an appointment by the lunes from pune.

GET OUT AND STAY OUT.

Together you have ruined our club and I have seen n othing whatsoever to make me think you can right the wrongs of 2 years of sheer incompetence. What you have done is unforgiveable and intolerable.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No hostility at all towards Berg. Fans simply have to back the guy if he gets the job. Two successful stints as a player at Rovers. We could do a a lot worse than Henning Berg and we have done already with the last 'manager'.

Random question, but its been so long since fans at Ewood chanted a manager's name followed by blue and white army...do you think we will get that again when the new guy takes charge?

No hostility at all towards Berg. Fans simply have to back the guy if he gets the job. Two successful stints as a player at Rovers. We could do a a lot worse than Henning Berg and we have done already with the last 'manager'.

That's the main thing that makes me fairly relaxed about his appointment. I think he's very well respected by everyone so I think he'd do a decent job of uniting the terraces.

His managerial record is underwhelming but at least he has some experience.

We could do worse, but also I think we could do better. Having said that, "could do worse" would be an improvement for Venky's.

Just why does he do this:

glen mullan@glen9mullan

This time tomorrow we may have a manager, who knows, wonder what will be debated then? just hope its the success on the pitch

I could have done that. Twitter is easy.

As is impressing fools.

Rumours that Shaw now thinking of walking.

Have been saying for a few days now that Shebby on the thinnest of ice and I still think he might get binned. I am pretty certain that Pune know what has been going on with Singh and Shaw and, IMO, the fact that Singh has not delivered and got things wrong (eg misread Mckinlay issue completely) doesn't augur well for him.

Don't rule out a Shaw / Holloway combo !

Covered all options then MM,

Redknapp was always a non-starter - why did anyone believe it would work ?

Hoddle would be as bad as Curbishley - both yesterday's men and out of football for years.

I don't see the point of Berg - would he be any better than Eric Black ?

All this prevaricating about the bush is not good for my health - please give McCarthy or failing him Black the job now and let's get on with the rest of the season.

That's the main thing that makes me fairly relaxed about his appointment. I think he's very well respected by everyone so I think he'd do a decent job of uniting the terraces.

His managerial record is underwhelming but at least he has some experience.

We could do worse, but also I think we could do better. Having said that, "could do worse" would be an improvement for Venky's.

got to say if berg is our next manager,i will be reasonably happy,as long as he has an experienced backroom staff.

got to say if berg is our next manager,i will be reasonably happy,as long as he has an experienced backroom staff.

I agree, I'd be happy, too. Somebody that I have a lot of respect for and who has very strong ties with the club. Two stints, knows the area, the fans, has passed comment on what has happened at Ewood and, thus, knows what to expect and what he's up against, to an extent. With this kind of appointment, could we accept Flitcroft/Craig Short back room staff? I think it could be incredibly motivating for both fanbase and players at the club.

Complete and utter insanity.. every time we apparently get close to a manager signing a new shortlist (and new names) appears.. OGS/Sherwood/Schuster/Black then McKinley/Holloway/Shearer/Grayson and now its Berg/Redknapp/Maradonna/Hoddle

Ignoring a lot of the higher profile names we've heard recently...

I get the impression that OGS would raise spirits and expectation levels and bring some much needed feelgood factor back to the club and a sense of optimism for the future.

I also think Berg will be seen as grossly underwhelming and be a bit if a damp squib given it's taken 5+ weeks to resolve.

However, both managers represent a gamble in the Championship in a season where the broader sense is of "promotion or bust" so I'm not 100% sure why we have these two extremes. Solskjaer has won the title but, with the greatest of respect, it's in Norway. I've said before he could well be the next Paul Ince, in that his stature and reputation inspire less high profile players, and his transition might not be as easy as everyone assumes. (I'm sure Maj or Kelbo will point out OGS is nothing like Ince but the parallels are there).

I guess we are due to be put out of (one kind of) misery tomorrow - because Singh has committed - but I can't hep thinking we will come to regret not going all out for the other Ollie come May.

Would be fairly happy with Berg. Can think of other managers who i would have preferred but would they have works for Venky's.......doubt it. The appointment of Berg would certainly mean a return to ewood for me and hopefully many others.

Berg is definitely not a yes-man, as far as I know. He has strong opinions. I remember when he willingly approached angry fans outside the stadium in an effort to discuss club issues.

Today, Drillo (Norway's manager) said that he is the right man for the job as he thinks Berg has a wealth of footballing knowledge(knows the English game etc), is a good coach, is good with people and has good pedagogical skills.

Archived