BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where has Hoddle come from all of a sudden?

Don't tell me Nixon has decided to pull another random name from his Kean and people are believing it...?

I'm still convinced it's Holloway or McCarthy - and either would do a good job this season.

Why McCarthy? Doesn't really seem like the type Shebby or Venky's are after and seems clear favourite for the Ipswich job.

If we do go for hollaway how long will it take for compensation etc to be sorted out ? Thats assuming he wants the job.

Apparently he has a clause of £500k in his contract, so it shouldn't be much of a sticking point.

I was begining to think the only news outlet that could be trusted was the Telegraph, but having read Cryers report about us interviewing Arry I'm not going to trust them either, it was abviously complete bunkum!

harry wouldnt have let his agents talk to our club, if he wasnt somewhat interested. without knowing what happened, i think the terms presented to his agents werent all that good. I suspect it was a pr exercise from rovers. to make it look like they were doing something.

The title of this thread is completely wrong, we arent looking for a manager, but another coach. This is only my opinion, but i suspect we wont get anyone in, who 1. is outspoken. 2 Has a temper and 3 isnt a yes man. He mus toe the line.

Rejecting people because of their religious beliefs now?

For the belief that disabled people have done something bad in a past life and are currently being punished for it? Yes, I'd be rejecting somebody on that.

For the belief that disabled people have done something bad in a past life and are currently being punished for it? Yes, I'd be rejecting somebody on that.

I wouldn't, as highly unlikely as Hoddle's beliefs are to be true he's still entitled to them. It's crazy to me, but no crazier than the belief that we live on forever in some magical place in the sky.

However thinking about it considering the Venky's are pretty religious people, or so I gather, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want him either based on that so it's a fair point.

I wouldn't, as highly unlikely as Hoddle's beliefs are to be true he's still entitled to them. It's crazy to me, but no crazier than the belief that we live on forever in some magical place in the sky.

However thinking about it considering the Venky's are pretty religious people, or so I gather, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want him either based on that so it's a fair point.

He's entitled to it but I wouldn't want him at the club. But anyway, a debate for another thread.

But your example doesn't directly offend anyone so you can't compare the two. To say disabled people are being punished is utterly insensitive. I'd be uncomfortable with him being at our club if that's what he thinks.

I hope you're just playing devil's advocate here.

Could one of the "ITK'ers" answer, are Venkys still hopeful of appointing by tomorrow afternoon?

According to Glen Mullan:

where has Shebby lied? They are still interviewing, papers will print anything, He has his faults without a doubt and certain managers won't work with him here and he didn't want certain managers. However no direct quotes has he put out on wh

o they would like. I'm just hoping they appoint a good manager and we can all move on. However I would never hang a guy before he has done something to be hung, and in this case no appointement yet.

club still saying they will interview all their list then make decision , i expect an appointment tomorrow

But your example doesn't directly offend anyone so you can't compare the two. To say disabled people are being punished is a terrible thing to say.

I hope you're just playing devil's advocate here.

I don't believe it, I think it's ridiculous but considering I or nobody really knows anything about life after death it's possible, just not probable.

People are directly offended by all sorts of beliefs, some kill for it and start wars over it so to say people aren't offended by my other example simply isn't true.

If we do go for hollaway how long will it take for compensation etc to be sorted out ? Thats assuming he wants the job.

Well I'd have thought that it'd be the last thing to sort out.

I'd imagine that you'd sound out the agent, then speak with the manager informally, then make a formal approach and formal interview before finally sorting out the compensation.

I don't believe it, I think it's ridiculous but considering I or nobody really knows anything about life after death it's possible, just not probable.

People are directly offended by all sorts of beliefs, some kill for it and start wars over it so to say people aren't offended by my other example simply isn't true.

That's why I said "directly offends". The idea that we all go to heaven does not directly offend anyone. If people chooise to get offended by it then that's their choice, but nobody can be directly offended by because it's not aimed at anyone. Saying disabled people are being punished is directly offensive to disabled people.

This really is basic stuff, I don't want to continue being off topic so I'll leave it there.

Archived