BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon was the only one that dismissed the Redknapp rumours, but hey, he talks out of his arse right?

He said they weren't talking directly but that they were talking with his agent. Which means everyone was correct.

Alan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@alderson777 @greg9rovers Get your facts right. Harry wasn't spoken to. He sent his agent. Harry was playing golf.

Redknapp on SSN now. He's at home in Portsmouth and not interested in the job.

WTF was Cryer on about then when he said we were speaking to Redknapp today? Shows how much (or little) he knows. Credit to Nixon on the Harry front, looks like he was right on that all along.

Before the Harry news came out, a thought occurred to me on Holloway. We haven't even made an official approach to Blackpool for him yet have we? So if we really are in the final furlong, I don't see how he can be a leading contender.

Before the Harry news came out, a thought occurred to me on Holloway. We haven't even made an official approach to Blackpool for him yet have we? So if we really are in the final furlong, I don't see how he can be a leading contender.

Exactly, which is why it will surely be somebody out of work, if Shebby is to deliver on tomorrow afternoon.

Nixon was the only one that dismissed the Redknapp rumours, but hey, he talks out of his arse right?

Well considering he's already guaranteed the job for Sherwood, McKinlay, Shearer, Maradona and Holloway (to name a few), he was bound to get one half-right eventually.

Throw enough Kean at the wall...etc, etc, etc.

45% win ratio and 30% clean sheet ratio at Lyn LeChuck.

Lillestrøm is a horrible club with internal chaos. That though is a little bit to similar to Rovers at the moment and is a bit of a worry.

He took 3rd place with Lyn in his first season.

Read Puffsan's post from yesterday.

The Lyn supporters still say that "Berg walks on water"

He has been with us in Championship before. He knows what its all about.

He re-joined Blackburn in September 2000, initially on loan for 3 months, before securing a permanent transfer. Further success followed for Berg, with Rovers being promoted back to the Premier League in 2001. The following season, Blackburn won the League Cup with Berg lifting the trophy as captain.

Please not Berg! One good season at Lyn, but have done nothing afterwards. Seems to lack man-management skills and have been out of a job for a long time. The only thing I'll agree on is that he probably wouldn't be a Yes man for Singh. OGS is the only viable candidate from Norway, but not likely to uproot family for this circus.

As it stands now, either Holloway or give Black a run.

TBF though why has it taken so long for him to come out and deny it on Sky, why has he waited for the day of his supposed interview to deny the links when he's had at least a week now to do it.

I certainly think he must have shown enough interest, or a lack of dis-interest, to be seriously considered. I'm of the opinion that whilst harry wasn't at Ewood, his advisers probably were. There's too much smoke for it to be complete fantasy.

IMO he's been courting QPR/Southampton the whole time and has deliberately let the stories mount to try and force one of their hands. Now it's the day of the interview, he had to finally talk about the issue.

I asked way back in this thread who people think is putting the stories out; Redknapp's team which would mean he fancies QPR or Soton or Shabby in an attempt to big the job up. Don't believe the latter so I think it's from Redknapp side. Maybe his agent did talk but I know two agents and they are talking all the time to loads of clubs, it's a sort of dating if you like.

If that fat coke head of an argy scrote gets the job my ties woith Rovers are severed forever.

Shabby Singh has shown us he is king of the clowns. Shaw and Agnew have done NOTHING whatsoever to bring cohesion to the turmpoil that is BRFC at this present time.

In the land of Venkys something has to give. Either they do the right thing and sell or they make Holloway manager. We desperately need experience and although I would support HB my own view is that he just isnt the man for the job at this present time. We need and Venkys need BRFC in the Premiership next season. Its going to cost them big time and it will only mean one thing if we dont, more horrendous cuts at the club and a slide to oblivion.

Singh should get out because he is making himself public enemy number 2 after the fool that is kean. Can anyone explain what Agnews role is in this mess ?

Its all a horrible mess, a seriously long bad dream and who knows when we as Rovers fans are going to wake up to find our club is once more being run on a more professional basis.

Its only in wankys world that we have seen the majority of clubs who have sacked their managers after Rovers got rid of keanscum make appointments whilst our own club yet again get dragged through the mud in a wankysworld of disgrace.

Singh its time for you to pack up and leave and take Agnew with you. You are ALL a keaning embarassment to BRFC.

surely the financial risk of not going up this season is worth paying redknapp over the odds money for it?were paying ridiculous money in wages to murphy,etuhu etc so why not splash out on a manager?if he gets us up (which is likely) then the new financial rules in the prem we would make the money back up!we gamble on berg etc who are cheap then we dont go up we are seriously struggling

If that fat coke head of an argy scrote gets the job my ties woith Rovers are severed forever.

Shabby Singh has shown us he is king of the clowns. Shaw and Agnew have done NOTHING whatsoever to bring cohesion to the turmpoil that is BRFC at this present time.

In the land of Venkys something has to give. Either they do the right thing and sell or they make Holloway manager. We desperately need experience and although I would support HB my own view is that he just isnt the man for the job at this present time. We need and Venkys need BRFC in the Premiership next season. Its going to cost them big time and it will only mean one thing if we dont, more horrendous cuts at the club and a slide to oblivion.

Singh should get out because he is making himself public enemy number 2 after the fool that is kean. Can anyone explain what Agnews role is in this mess ?

Its all a horrible mess, a seriously long bad dream and who knows when we as Rovers fans are going to wake up to find our club is once more being run on a more professional basis.

Its only in wankys world that we have seen the majority of clubs who have sacked their managers after Rovers got rid of keanscum make appointments whilst our own club yet again get dragged through the mud in a wankysworld of disgrace.

Singh its time for you to pack up and leave and take Agnew with you. You are ALL a keaning embarassment to BRFC.

Is this for the unsubstantiated rumour that Maradona is in the running or the unsubstantiated rumour that we interviewed Redknapp?

Seems like a random time for such an outburst given we've known all this for quite a while.

edit - known about the idiots running the club

Whoever confesses to know Shebby need to tell him to appoint holloway now or face a backlash. If we don't get holloway now it's only because of Shebby. Holloway is the only credible candidate left. Get him now Shebby or the fans will turn on you

Please not Berg! One good season at Lyn, but have done nothing afterwards. Seems to lack man-management skills and have been out of a job for a long time. The only thing I'll agree on is that he probably wouldn't be a Yes man for Singh. OGS is the only viable candidate from Norway, but not likely to uproot family for this circus.

As it stands now, either Holloway or give Black a run.

OGS kids are English and miss England!!

OGS kids are English and miss England!!

I genuinely think OGS is a realistic target if we wait until their season is done. There is nothing left for him to achieve in the Norwegian league.

He needs to start proving himself at a higher level, but he'll find it really hard to get a PL job. I honestly think he'd look at our squad and fancy himself to get us promoted.

Well considering he's already guaranteed the job for Sherwood, McKinlay, Shearer, Maradona and Holloway (to name a few), he was bound to get one half-right eventually.

Throw enough Kean at the wall...etc, etc, etc.

Sherwood - Approach rejected.

McKinlay - Approach rejected.

Shearer - Was interested, never approached.

Holloway - Has been met by Shebby and Shaw.

Maradona - Find out where he's been recently.

Archived