BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redknapp was always a pipe dream, but one that needed exploring.

With the rumours on here that Holloway is a no-go for Shebby, it seems it is Berg's to lose.

Next best choice (after eliminating Redknapp) at the Bookies

Black - SkyBet, StanJames.

Solskjaer - PaddyPower, Coral, Bet365, BetVictor, Coral.

Hoddle - Ladbrokes.

got Berg at 8/1 this morning just because i reckoned they would balls harry up and drive holloway away due to there complete lack of professionalism so seems all signs points to Henning...will get behind him but will really struggle for promotion this year i fee..very worried!

Looks like it is Berg or Black then. For purely selfish reasons i would have to go for Black as I scoop £660 from the bookies if he gets the gig.

IMO Black would probably do as good a job as Berg would anyway.

Overall a pretty poor selection of potential managers left to choose from but what could we have expected under Venyks?

What's the fascination with Holloway? He took Blackpool up. Then through tactical naviety saw them relegated. If he'd keptnthingsvtight after Christmas they could comfortably have consolidated their premiership status. Where are they now in the Championship?

I find it puzzling people prefer him to McCarthy. McCarthy took wolves up on a shoe string and KEPT them there for a few seasons. A lot more than Holloways done. He's led a few teams outnof the championship.. What's olly done at Leicester etc? Naff all. Mccarthy is a straight down the line charcter. Just what we need. Not another joker, we already have enough of those at the club.

I was begining to think the only news outlet that could be trusted was the Telegraph, but having read Cryers report about us interviewing Arry I'm not going to trust them either, it was abviously complete bunkum!

Hoddle's one of the best around, always been my first choice, get Wilkins in as number 2 and it's a dream team.

Best manager England had since Robson, if he can handle that lot he could handle Rovers.

Will he be willing to sit facing those sat at the front of the Riverside though?

Where has Hoddle come from all of a sudden?

Don't tell me Nixon has decided to pull another random name from his Kean and people are believing it...?

I'm still convinced it's Holloway or McCarthy - and either would do a good job this season.

with OGS Holloway Poyet Sherwood McKinlay Redknapp seemingly all out of equation , suddenly McCleish McCarthy Grayson Hoddle (although a favourite of mine) dont look too bad ....... its like 1.50am in the nightclub

Whoever confesses to know Shebby need to tell him to appoint holloway now or face a backlash. If we don't get holloway now it's only because of Shebby. Holloway is the only credible candidate left. Get him now Shebby or the fans will turn on you

Why?

Can someone please explain to me why Holloway is so great, I just don't see it. Yes he's a funny guy, yes the media like him but that's it.

Can someone please explain the love for Holloway using football reasons that couldn't also be said about many other managers who have been dismissed as not good enough. For example, using footballing reasons only, why is Holloway any better than Alex McLeish?

I really think too many people are falling for Holloway's comedy routine and somehow thinking he's some kind of Brian Clough character, he isn't! People are keen to talk about him getting Blackpool promoted a few years ago but forget he also relegated them through his tactical ineptitude and refusal to change from his gung-ho style. Other managerial cock ups include...

*Relegated QPR to the third tier for the first time in 34 years (took him another 3 years to get back up to the Championship).

*Screwed over Plymouth Argyll by jumping ship after barely 14 months in the job and after selling all their best players in the transfer window.

*Got Leicester City Relegated from the Championship in his first season there, winning just 9 matches out of 32.

*Got Blackpool fined for fielding a weakened team despite being given ample warnings not to before relegating them after refusing to defend leads that would have seen them safe.

Seriously guys, what are you lot seeing that I'm missing? He's relegated more teams from the Championship than he's promoted them from it.

Had Blackpool not gotten the positive media spin they did and had Holloway not become a favourite of Soccer AM no one here would be interested and his name would meet the same kind of derision the likes of Flitcroft, McLeish and Grayson are getting.

Archived