BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

But you didn't. You said you weren't coming again and mentioned a Kean signing.

You're the one that posted on the messageboard, not stating it was for validation but every right to expect a question with a statement that didn't make sense. Just trying to undertsand your thinking as not much on here makes sense at the minute.

It's a censored swear word.

Berg is an incredibly disappointing signing. His track record is abysmal.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's quite pathetic that you are mocking a supporter who has watched the team for 30 years and is clearly disillusioned with the entire club.

Me too Pafell and Braddock sum what is wrong with out club . It is pathetic and childish and you are a disgrace !!!

Snob supporters can cluck off with the venkys for me.

Is there any point asking everyone to get behind Berg and support the team? Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether they are happy with Berg or not. I just can't help feeling that a united fanbase combined with the new manager will really help us kick on and get promoted out of ths league. A decent start will obviously help his cause and a win at Palace on Saturday (which would be a hell of a result given their form) would be just the tonic.

There are far too many conspiracy theories on here, twitter and the papers. How about this, Henning had a interview and he on his own back made an impression and wanted this job. So much so he got the job. Henning loves the club, He supports the club, He is young with experience (playing and coaching) and his sides play FOOTBALL! Lets face it Harry would of only came because of the money, Sheerwood does not have experience, Shearer has a relegation to his name, Mick Mcarthys level is the championship he is not a long term option to take the club forward, Ian Holloway/Roy Kean would of clashed big time with the board and would of resigned in no time, Owen Coyle dingle enough said and OGS would of been great but it was the wrong time and we could not of waited until he finished his season. Henning Berg for me is a smart choice. He is not a YES man in any way like some idiots claim and if your one of them that has claimed that then you’re know less about football then Mrs D. He and Rovers have my full support as always. COYB

I really want to agree with this post but it means disregarding 2 years of poor decision after poor decision and the systematic destruction of a great club.

Have they turned a corner? Who knows?

It's possible Singh strongly believes that Berg is the best man for the job and maybe shows that Venkys will back their man Singh over Agnew's man Shaw.

Like others I think to take 5 weeks to reach this decision has made it unnecessarily underwhelming and would have been far better received 3 or 4 weeks ago. Expectations have been raised (again) and dashed (again) and it has been an opportunity missed in terms of getting the stay-aways back to Ewood.

All that said, we are where we are and we simply have to get behind Berg and give him every chance to succeed.

Venkys have made 3 rash managerial decisions prior to this and all 3 have been wrong 1) sacking BFS 2) promoting a coach 3) giving that coach the full time position , the fact that it has take 5 weeks to appoint a new man doesnt upset me , Berg will get my full support , ok he wasnt the best manager we'd hoped for but he's better than the ones we feared

Some of the squad are going to get a MASSIVE shock when Berg makes them improve their fitness levels. Most of the squad are way out of shape - they aren't going to like it!

I, like most others wouldn't have had Berg as my number 1 choice but I am warming to the idea with every minute that passes and I will get behind him and the team! Nothing else will help the promotion bid. Back on track? I hope so :)

Venkys have made 3 rash managerial decisions prior to this and all 3 have been wrong 1) sacking BFS 2) promoting a coach 3) giving that coach the full time position , the fact that it has take 5 weeks to appoint a new man doesnt upset me , Berg will get my full support , ok he wasnt the best manager we'd hoped for but he's better than the ones we feared

Ah so you think Williams and Finn being "forced out" and not sacking Kean were acceptable decision then?

There isn't one decision they have taken which I can point to abd say it has been the right one for the good of the club. Even now with a new man, fans are still divided.

I *hope* this comes good.

Ok i've been saying it was a terrible appointment and i still don't think it's the right one but it's done shebbys got the type he was after let's now end all the splits between the fans and try and unite to give Berg the best possible chance i hope my negitive thoughts on this are proved wrong and Henning proves himself to be as good a leader off the pitch as he was undoubtedly was on it.

Archived