BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

We didn't do pretty well at all considering who was available to us, but if you mean it could have been a lot worse I agree.

As for the process itself, what a complete shambles. Fjortoft on Twitter has been saying how Rovers have been offering interviews to anyone. He asked if this was football X Factor. A month to appoint someone who is out of work, come on.

And the cherry on the cake is he's openly criticized the owners before. Not that that's a bad thing for us fans but it shows the levels of stupidity at work behind the scenes.

Who do you know for certain was availible to us. We tried a lot and nobody was biting as far as I could see.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'm sorry, I should join in with the skipping round the maypole and giddy laughter that a baffling number of other fans seem to be engaged in. Despite the fact that we're on the verge of appointing a Lillestrom reject. Well, we'll see what happens now to our best and possibly only chance of getting back in the Premiership. Couldn't be more dissappointed personally.

Suit yourself. Sit and sulk whilst the rest of us get behind the new manager and give him the best chance to succeed. COYB.

What's your inkling? Come on, say something conspiritorial!

Deal supposed to have been sorted last night, green light supposed to have been given (according to Cryer), Singh and Shaw at Ewood now, why not simply come out and say "Berg's been appointed, presser tomorrow".

It aint feckin rocket science.

No way would BV & Coral leave their markets open if a 'done deal'.

Deal supposed to have been sorted last night, green light supposed to have been given (according to Cryer), Singh and Shaw at Ewood now, why not simply come out and say "Berg's been appointed, presser tomorrow".

I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. It's just we like to do things moronically differently at this club.

This.

There does seem to be something not quite right about this.

Berg for assistant manager to an experienced man would be a fantastic appointment...

OK its not Holloway or Redknapp who many of us had hoped for, but were they ever going to come to Rovers? Probably not.

However, I think we all need to remember.....Hes not Steve Kean! And because of that ill get behind him!

Speaks well and sounds like he actually knows what hes talking about from the few times Ive heard him.

This is Venky's we are talking about. Nothing ever smells right!

At the presser tomorrow, don't be surprised if Steve Kean appears and says he has enjoyed his mid season break and now is the time to be positive

Don't even say that in jest. The thought is abhorrant!

I think you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. It's just we like to do things moronically differently at this club.

Maybe but absolutely nothing would surprise me with our owners and Singh.

Maybe but absolutely nothing would surprise me with our owners and Singh.

True. But I wouldn't be expecting it. It is just a very very unlikely possibility. If those betting sites know of something, then it's likely some of the big mouths on here would be aware of something.

A bit strange to hire your assistant independent from your main man, though?

True.

Unless there was some link between OGS and Berg and Berg was to hold the fort until OGS is available?

Clutching at straws, admittedly, but there definitely seems to be something not quite right with this situation.

As though there is to be one final twist right at the last minute...

OK its not Holloway or Redknapp who many of us had hoped for, but were they ever going to come to Rovers? Probably not.

We wouldn't have got Redknapp but with a normal club, or even Shaw making the appointment on his own, we would have had Holloway.

Archived