BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Yeah, sorry, I was asking you because you do have experience, a genuine question as patrickvalert pointed out.

Thanks for that. I guess I just imagined more physical work, but presumably it's relatively high intensity, so there's the danger of "over-working?"

Always wanted to be involved in football. Massive respect for you getting to where you are and, must confess, quite envious of it!

Again, wasn't belittling your experience, quite the opposite. Sorry that got lost in my post.

I knew you were not belittling, no issue.

Personnally footballers are nowhere near as fit as they could be. The obsession these days is freshness and yet they eat the wrong foods, have poor lifestyles and so on. Other sports work much harder and cope with just as high a frequency of perfromance as they do eat good foods and have strong lifestyles. For me football is way behind the times and not as professional as say rugby or cycling.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like Mrs D has not said 'yes'.

Heard that something did happen late last night re Blackpool / Holloway though not sure if connected to Rovers.

Can't you just make something up and say you do know what's happening?

Song that sums up perfectly that we do back our club, but we didn't back you know who;

He isn't Steve Kean

He isn't Steve Keeeeeeeeean

We love Henning Berg cos

He isn't Steve Kean

Or just let it go and support Berg because he is our manager and we want him to do well for us.

Now keep jogging you cretin.

Troll.

Kean or Berg?

Berg. By a mile.

Black will be off. Probably Brunskill and Mimms. Likely Hendry too.

Take a guess who'll be choosing the replacements.

Berg?

How about Tugay joining him as assistant?

If Shebby really is a diabolical genius trying to get fans back onside by appointing former players, he'd get Tugay back in some capacity in a shot. He hasn't, which tells me he's not that smart.

I suggest you trust every norwegian fan and pundit who says he's not a yes man.

I don't claim to know more than English people on the likes of holloway or McCarthy etc, you should give us the same respect.

Absolutely.

And since I've slept on it, Berg is growing on me. I think he'll do well, especially if the supporters back him which will give him some clout with the players, Shebby and the owners.

Berg was a good player for us....and hoping he does well of course...but...

Just so we are clear.

Just so it is known.

Venkys took a MONTH. A MONTH of searching. Before they found a novice manager....whose record is marginally better than Steve Kean's (due to the fact that by default Steve Kean is worse than syphilus) ....and worse than Paul Ince's.

A MONTH to find this man with this record.

Go on Bergy! Do us proud.

That'll do for me. I could go on. In fact I will. It could have been anyone, 40 odd names banded about over 5 weeks - the mind boggles.

On paper it looks good. Learnt from Kenny, Ferguson. Has won things (last time we won a trophy without Henning was in 1928 (FMC excluded for some reason) according to someone on Twitter). Uncontroversial, always played with his heart on his sleeve. A good guy. Yes, he has managed as well albeit in a different league. Puffsan's post from yesterday tells you all you need to know about his time in Norway.

All in all a good choice and I'm right behind the fella. When you look round the club there aren't many in positions of power where you go "ah yes, one of us" - and he is. Let's hope he takes control, or is given control, is given a budget and is allowed to get on with it. No more questionable signings please. I wish him all the luck in the world and I'm right behind him. I'm happy.

That'll do for me. I could go on. In fact I will. It could have been anyone, 40 odd names banded about over 5 weeks - the mind boggles.

On paper it looks good. Learnt from Kenny, Ferguson. Has won things (last time we won a trophy without Henning was in 1928 (FMC excluded for some reason) according to someone on Twitter). Uncontroversial, always played with his heart on his sleeve. A good guy. Yes, he has managed as well albeit in a different league. Puffsan's post from yesterday tells you all you need to know about his time in Norway.

All in all a good choice and I'm right behind the fella. When you look round the club there aren't many in positions of power where you go "ah yes, one of us" - and he is. Let's hope he takes control, or is given control, is given a budget and is allowed to get on with it. No more questionable signings please. I wish him all the luck in the world and I'm right behind him. I'm happy.

Well said Bob, fullly agree.

Berg is a million miles from Kean was and surely that on its own should be enough to at least placate 90% of the fans. I think in time this will prove a decent appointment, and if that's the case I dont think it really matters how Shebby Singh stumbled into it - which he clearly has.

Henning Berg's Blue n White army!!! Looking forward to the next Rovers game for the first time in God knows how long.

Archived