BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable some fans attitudes towards Berg so far. The guy is a Rovers legend for me, won the premiership with us and captained us in the league cup final to victory. Might not have the management experience that some people desire but to be wanting him out before he's even officially confirmed is quite disgusting.

Agree entirely, give the guy a chance, whoever was appointed as I keep saying, there are no Gaurantees!!

(Scoleri, AVB, Ranieri, Coyle (at Bolton) Sven etc

Only a very few managers are successful at more than one club, indeed, in the English Leagues, there are only two managers who have won the Top League title at two different clubs!!

So in your world its ok for you to stroppily tell adults what to do? Wonder how that works exactly.

I'm a senior citizen. I'm allowed to be stroppy.

No more on this. We'll have the mods on our backs.

Ive been dissapointed since some Indian Chicken Pluckers Bought our club, appointed Kean, employed an agents son, sold all out best playes and brought iin rubbish and got us relegated.

Dissapointed that a moron like sing is now supposdly doing John williams job,

Now it took them 5 weeks to appoint a novice out of work manager!!

Venkys have not repaired any damage form the last few years, how some of you can happily ignore what they have done and are doing is insane!!

VENKYS, SINGH, SHAW, AGNEW, BERG OUT!!!

Keep taking the tablets buddy, keep taking the tablets

Unbelievable some fans attitudes towards Berg so far. The guy is a Rovers legend for me, won the premiership with us and captained us in the league cup final to victory. Might not have the management experience that some people desire but to be wanting him out before he's even officially confirmed is quite disgusting.

But to be honest, even though polar opposite, your response above is just as much a knee-jerk reaction as the one person on this thread who has actually said "Berg Out."

I think people saying bad things about Berg and Shaw are out of order!!!! Berg is in no other a words a legend at this club and at least, when compared to shearer he has management experience. Saying Berg out before he has been officially confirmed is outrageous......he should be given a chance and Shaw, the man who appointed Moyes at Preston who has a lot of experience, and from what reports have said has tried to battle the ludicrous Singh when he has got out of control is out of order.

Yes we dont like or respect the owners but we need to start backing the team and the new manager, make our stand against the owners for sure but keep behind the team and club we support and ensure promotion to the Premier League.

Got a feeling we are headong back to where we were a year ago when fans turn on the owners (rather than kean this year ) yet we still expect the team to perform and get promoted.

The whole thing is just a disgrace and for all those who thought removing Kean would see a crowd numbers surge we are stuck at very little improvement and the club is as far away from what it should be as it ever has been.-that isn't a defence of Kean by the way.

AS LONG AS THESE keans ARE OUR OWNERS THE CLUB IS A GONNER>THEY HAD ANOTHER CHANCE POST KEAN AND HAVE BLOWN IT BIG STYLE BY LEAVING US AT THE MERCY OF A CIRCUS CLOWN.HOPE YOU LOSE MILLIONS YOU SCUMBAGS.

I LIVED IN HOPE LIKE MANY OTHERS THAT WHEN KEAN WENT IT WOULD BE A WHOLE NEW CHAPTER AND THINGS COULD START TO MEND AGAIN.SADLY THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE-I HAVE NEVER FELT SO LOW AND I THINK THIS IS IT FOR ME NOW AFTER 30 YRS.I FRANKLY COULDNT GIVE A TOSS WHETHER WE GO UP, DOWN OR SIDEWAYS ANY MORE. VENKYS AND SHEBBY HAVE FINALLY SEEN ME OFF.ITS NOT ABOUT BERG, HOW COULD IT BE?? ITS ABOUT THESE TOTAL MORONS WHO CONTINUE TO TRASH OUR CLUB AND THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY FUTURE UNDER THEM

GOODBYE EWOOD THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

We have Berg because Shebby has majorly messed up with the should have been manager and appointed Berg as he promised someone in by mid week. SHEBBY OUT

I was going to say it smacked of desperation to just get someone in.

First and foremost I hope Berg surprises everyone and is a world beater. But if he doesn't, I hope the fans don't turn on him, I hope they turn on who appointed him.

Why support the club if you still are not happy? We got shut of Kean, yes McCarthy would be a lot better but the way some fans are acting they wouldn't be happy if David Moyes came in. Probably question why we never went for Mourinho?!!!

Nah, that's just a nonsense strawman argument.

The club had a real opportunity here to extend the olive branch to a fractured fanbase and bring a 'feel good' factor back to the club. They were rather fortunate in the respect that Kean did one half of the job for them, as this bungled search for a replacement has proven they had no intention of sacking him anytime soon. Instead, it's taken the best part of a month to secure his successor and it looks like it will be an out-of-work manager with an average record in Norway (club legend or no) who was last heard being touted for the Bury job. The whole process has been a joke indicative of the Venky's regime as a whole.

If Berg's our man, then I wish him the best and I hope he's up to the task. But you can't blame the fans, who are already disillusioned with the state of the club, for being further underwhelmed by this kind of appointment.

Got a feeling we are headong back to where we were a year ago when fans turn on the owners (rather than kean this year ) yet we still expect the team to perform and get promoted.

The whole thing is just a disgrace and for all those who thought removing Kean would see a crowd numbers surge we are stuck at very little improvement and the club is as far away from what it should be as it ever has been.-that isn't a defence of Kean by the way.

AS LONG AS THESE keans ARE OUR OWNERS THE CLUB IS A GONNER>THEY HAD ANOTHER CHANCE POST KEAN AND HAVE BLOWN IT BIG STYLE BY LEAVING US AT THE MERCY OF A CIRCUS CLOWN.HOPE YOU LOSE MILLIONS YOU SCUMBAGS.

I LIVED IN HOPE LIKE MANY OTHERS THAT WHEN KEAN WENT IT WOULD BE A WHOLE NEW CHAPTER AND THINGS COULD START TO MEND AGAIN.SADLY THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE-I HAVE NEVER FELT SO LOW AND I THINK THIS IS IT FOR ME NOW AFTER 30 YRS.I FRANKLY COULDNT GIVE A TOSS WHETHER WE GO UP, DOWN OR SIDEWAYS ANY MORE. VENKYS AND SHEBBY HAVE FINALLY SEEN ME OFF.ITS NOT ABOUT BERG, HOW COULD IT BE?? ITS ABOUT THESE TOTAL MORONS WHO CONTINUE TO TRASH OUR CLUB AND THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY FUTURE UNDER THEM

Would you had Holloway as manager? What has he done?

Redknapp would never come. Henning Berg is a Rovers legend. He might be the one that knows the club best.

I'd rather have him than some utter lunatic. He was a fantastic player and will be a really good manager for us. Remember that he has been

the manager for clubs in 7 years so he's not a Kean or something, this guy knows his stuff.

Really looking forward coming to Ewood again!

Cheery-o cheery-o cheery-o!

First and foremost I hope Berg surprises everyone and is a world beater. But if he doesn't, I hope the fans don't turn on him, I hope they turn on who appointed him.

I think Berg is that universally liked and respected at Rovers that it'd take a lot for us to turn on him.

Like, some Kean-esque comments.

That said, he's still not appointed...

I am going to back him like I would any new decent manager. He has to be given a chance but is under a lot of pressure to get us promoted. I hope his backroom team (if he is allowed to bring in his own) are more fitness minded than the current bunch. Just a shame Shebby couldnt swallow some pride and let Shaw and Agnew let their man be appointed

Personally, not something to get excited about. But, I will give him and his team a chance and get Brum tickets. All the elation of Coco going has been completely dissipated by SS's appalling handling of the appointment. I agree Berg has a mountain to climb to get us back to the PL, especially having to deal with these idiots in charge.

I am willing him to succeed, but failure should reflect on Venkys alone.

We have Berg because Shebby has majorly messed up with the should have been manager and appointed Berg as he promised someone in by mid week. SHEBBY OUT

Whats your source?

I think the reason it may have taken time is that the first choice OGS turned rovers down and then Berg wanted time to think. Redknapp said no and what has Holloway done? Ok he got promoted with Blackpool but also got relegated. I hope getting Berg in will turn things around.

Archived