BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

There are far too many conspiracy theories on here, twitter and the papers. How about this, Henning had a interview and he on his own back made an impression and wanted this job. So much so he got the job. Henning loves the club, He supports the club, He is young with experience (playing and coaching) and his sides play FOOTBALL! Lets face it Harry would of only came because of the money, Sheerwood does not have experience, Shearer has a relegation to his name, Mick Mcarthys level is the championship he is not a long term option to take the club forward, Ian Holloway/Roy Kean would of clashed big time with the board and would of resigned in no time, Owen Coyle dingle enough said and OGS would of been great but it was the wrong time and we could not of waited until he finished his season. Henning Berg for me is a smart choice. He is not a YES man in any way like some idiots claim and if your one of them that has claimed that then you’re know less about football then Mrs D. He and Rovers have my full support as always. COYB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the Best to Berg!! Really hope he succeeds! we should all just accept this now, get on with it, get behind the manager and the team and give it all to get back to the promise land and to some sort of normality!! was looking at booking another game, an away one this time, barnsley, boro and peterborough just aint as sexy as arsenal, united and pool!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

The best way to make the change is to be a part of it :)

A lot of people seem unable to grasp this concept. If you care about something you should do your best to make sure you are in a position where you can affect it. He is going to be able to make more of an impact on how we fare from the dugout than he is turning the offer down and commenting to the media every few months on how Venkys are ruining things. How the hell could that help?

That doesn't guarantee that he will be successful however. Only that all things considered he is in the best place to make a difference

Got a feeling we are headong back to where we were a year ago when fans turn on the owners (rather than kean this year ) yet we still expect the team to perform and get promoted.

The whole thing is just a disgrace and for all those who thought removing Kean would see a crowd numbers surge we are stuck at very little improvement and the club is as far away from what it should be as it ever has been.-that isn't a defence of Kean by the way.

AS LONG AS THESE keans ARE OUR OWNERS THE CLUB IS A GONNER>THEY HAD ANOTHER CHANCE POST KEAN AND HAVE BLOWN IT BIG STYLE BY LEAVING US AT THE MERCY OF A CIRCUS CLOWN.HOPE YOU LOSE MILLIONS YOU SCUMBAGS.

I LIVED IN HOPE LIKE MANY OTHERS THAT WHEN KEAN WENT IT WOULD BE A WHOLE NEW CHAPTER AND THINGS COULD START TO MEND AGAIN.SADLY THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE-I HAVE NEVER FELT SO LOW AND I THINK THIS IS IT FOR ME NOW AFTER 30 YRS.I FRANKLY COULDNT GIVE A TOSS WHETHER WE GO UP, DOWN OR SIDEWAYS ANY MORE. VENKYS AND SHEBBY HAVE FINALLY SEEN ME OFF.ITS NOT ABOUT BERG, HOW COULD IT BE?? ITS ABOUT THESE TOTAL MORONS WHO CONTINUE TO TRASH OUR CLUB AND THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY FUTURE UNDER THEM

GOODBYE EWOOD THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Bye bye

There are far too many conspiracy theories on here, twitter and the papers. How about this, Henning had a interview and he on his own back made an impression and wanted this job. So much so he got the job. Henning loves the club, He supports the club, He is young with experience (playing and coaching) and his sides play FOOTBALL! Lets face it Harry would of only came because of the money, Sheerwood does not have experience, Shearer has a relegation to his name, Mick Mcarthys level is the championship he is not a long term option to take the club forward, Ian Holloway/Roy Kean would of clashed big time with the board and would of resigned in no time, Owen Coyle dingle enough said and OGS would of been great but it was the wrong time and we could not of waited until he finished his season. Henning Berg for me is a smart choice. He is not a YES man in any way like some idiots claim and if your one of them that has claimed that then you’re know less about football then Mrs D. He and Rovers have my full support as always. COYB

You do realize that you are saying there's too many conspiracies then went on to guess why the others wouldn't have been good appointments.

I hope he has your full support if things start to go awry. Wouldn't be fair to give him stick.

Think the fans who aren't going to give Berg a chance are absolute disgraceful, truly just as much of an embarrassment as the owners.

Agree. condemning even before he starts the job. According to sky though, it is still not confirmed. Still one or two things to sort out first. So still time for venkys to screw up and shebby to change his mind.

This is the kind of intellect that is angry at Berg. Someone who would rather have kept Kean

Think about that

I would say that's one of the best posts on here I've read in a while but Puffsan's undoubtedly has that honour.

The other point to remember is regardless who takes over, it will take time for the team to adapt to any new tactics and to get fitness levels up.I only hope that everyone that is talking about supporting the new manager will have a bit of patience. Rome wasn`t built in a day.

The majority will.....that doesn't get pointed out enough on here I don't think, that the majority think about things sensibly....sadly there is a "vocal minority" that say stupid things and people are like "I can't believe people are....." ....so what? They're idiots, who cares what they have to say.

In relation to this, if things don't go well initially under Berg then just be prepared to read the name 'Holloway' a hundred times a day.

Everyone wanted OGS, and really, Berg's managerial record isn't far off in Norway. He took a team with almost no money to within a couple points of a title, and after he left they got relegated.

I agree with this......I would have liked Solksjaer because he seems very determined to succeed but I swear I read that the team he took charge of came 2nd the year before he came, and that he spent quite a bit of money......and he was 2nd wasn't he on our poll behind Holloway?.....he arguably would have had less experience than Berg because he never played in this division.....and yet he would have been a lot more accepted.

Cheery-o cheery-o cheery-o!

I agree with Braddock for the 3rd time ever.....good riddance if you're not going back to Ewood because we appointed someone who wasn't your preferred choice.....what makes people think we care? Just quietly go away and support City or Chorley or whoever.

To be fair he's done a lot more in England than Berg has. Berg is an unknown quantity at this point. At least we would have known what we were getting should we have appointed Holloway or McCarthy.

Yea, an unorganised defence.

In the prem for McCarthy, both for Holloway.

Time to get behind Berg and the team now, wish him all the best, going to try and think positive from now on, at least regarding on the pitch affairs!

At least we won't have him being a tit in pressers and bringing the club into disrepute over legal matters and videos of him mouthing off to the fans. He might even instil some fitness and discipline which is something that Kean completely failed to do.

Firstly it's; ill take me gran over SK

Then it's "we don't want holloway, what's he ever done?"

Why have 6 weeks of uncertainty turned lots of you into complete tools? Did you actually expect guardiola? Or even the England touted Redknapp? Get a fecking grip

Last 5 appointments;

Souness

Hughes

Ince

Allardyce

Kean

Out of those, who had the right experience and profile? Answer; none of them

Souness was in exile due to failing at Liverpool and Southampton. His track record here was dodgy to say the least.

Ince was a risk that backfired due to lack of experience- situation saved by Allardyce (who had been overlooked previously due to his football "mantra" or profile)

Kean had no experience and survived failure and scandal.

Williams made his name by running the club effectively and also managerial decisions. Ince aside, his quick thinking to call big Sam saved us.

He also chanced mark Hughes... Limited experience in management, ex player- won pretty much every domestic honour also.

To me, that sound similar to Henning. Sure it's probably taken 3 weeks too long but Eric steadied the ship to afford us this time. ....

I'm royally aggravated by the readiness to shoot down Berg before he's even been given a chance. He does not have the right agent and he has more experience than the other 2 ex players mooted.

Who did you expect? Come march/april we can judge his managerial expertise. Ironically, his success will also be a marker for Shebbys decision making.

I for one hope he succeeds, and I will be behind him and the club 100%

Just think we could have the ginger stone cold; Sean Dyche 3:16

I have no issues with Henning Berg, always loved him as a player at Ewood and totally respected him when he left for Manure.

y issues are with the way Singh has keaned about, told lies after lies and generally has lost the biggest opportunity that he and Wankeysworld will ever have at putting rights the wrongs after 2 years. It appears to me that we still have the spectre of KEANSCUM hanging around the club because of the lack of guidance and the keaning uselss twerps that are Agnew and Shaw being tiny pawns in the world of Singh and his employers.

I truly hope HB does well however I just see more heartache for Rovers fans. It isnt an appointment to get the fans rushing back. I will now wait the half season ticket issue before going back. I wont be at Ewood again this year unless my knee op goes very well and it allows me to get their. I will be in dinglealnd because I wouldnt miss that for anything although I will have to sit with the inbreds and put up with the smell of the 6 fingered inbreds.

For me HB need to have all the support he can muster, he must keep Black and lose Hendry (IMO). I wonder if he can gel this team a little better and get the results we need. Rovers are sitting solid and looking a the points thrown away already we should be 5 or 6 clear of the rest.

Its going to be an interesting period up to Chrsitmas now, I wonder how the current players will take to it ?

Its going to be an interesting period up to Chrsitmas now, I wonder how the current players will take to it ?

I have no doubt that some of them aren't going to like it. For a start I'd have thought that Henning will get to work on their fitness. I'm basing this on the fact that the guy was always fit and never overweight. Siimilarly he always grafted. Looking at some of the team over recent weeks - some as recently as the last home match - they've got a lot of hard work coming their way.

We aren't in the prem so that's nonsense about McCarthy, and in my opinion Holloway is working with a League 1 defense at Blackpool.

But we would be if we were promoted under McCarthy and his Wolves side were too open defensively......personally, I've had enough of that.

If I had a League 1 defense, then I would be trying to organise it as much as possible.....not leaving it wide open and leaving 2-vs-2 situations at the back......to use Norwich again as an example, Lambert took a predominantly League 1 side with Norwich and some of his old Colchester players all the way to the prem and managed to get them organised enough to comfortably finish mid-table......Holloway's Blackpool in the prem conceded the same amount of goals as we did last year under Kean.

There's obviously no way of knowing if Berg will be the right appointment,,,,,but McCarthy and Holloway would hardly have been the end to all our troubles and even if we did go up under them, we would be in real danger imo of going back down....particularly under Holloway.

The 0.1 was for employing a bonafide human being. I did not trust them to get that bit right. I had visions of traffic cone on the sidelines.

Don't hate the cone, hate the game.

28sbmn4.jpg

You really do need help , your pathetic .

He was talking about Alistair Crowley earlier.

Archived