BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I think Berg is that universally liked and respected at Rovers that it'd take a lot for us to turn on him.

Like, some Kean-esque comments.

That said, he's still not appointed...

I remember sections of the crowd turning on Harford, and he was part of the management team that won us the title. Don't underestimate the passion spilling over into anger. Especially as if we don't got up either this season or next, we're in trouble.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a feeling we are headong back to where we were a year ago when fans turn on the owners (rather than kean this year ) yet we still expect the team to perform and get promoted.

The whole thing is just a disgrace and for all those who thought removing Kean would see a crowd numbers surge we are stuck at very little improvement and the club is as far away from what it should be as it ever has been.-that isn't a defence of Kean by the way.

AS LONG AS THESE keans ARE OUR OWNERS THE CLUB IS A GONNER>THEY HAD ANOTHER CHANCE POST KEAN AND HAVE BLOWN IT BIG STYLE BY LEAVING US AT THE MERCY OF A CIRCUS CLOWN.HOPE YOU LOSE MILLIONS YOU SCUMBAGS.

I LIVED IN HOPE LIKE MANY OTHERS THAT WHEN KEAN WENT IT WOULD BE A WHOLE NEW CHAPTER AND THINGS COULD START TO MEND AGAIN.SADLY THE OPPOSITE IS TRUE-I HAVE NEVER FELT SO LOW AND I THINK THIS IS IT FOR ME NOW AFTER 30 YRS.I FRANKLY COULDNT GIVE A TOSS WHETHER WE GO UP, DOWN OR SIDEWAYS ANY MORE. VENKYS AND SHEBBY HAVE FINALLY SEEN ME OFF.ITS NOT ABOUT BERG, HOW COULD IT BE?? ITS ABOUT THESE TOTAL MORONS WHO CONTINUE TO TRASH OUR CLUB AND THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY FUTURE UNDER THEM

GOODBYE EWOOD THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

bye bye bye idiot!!!!

Whats your source?

I think the reason it may have taken time is that the first choice OGS turned rovers down and then Berg wanted time to think. Redknapp said no and what has Holloway done? Ok he got promoted with Blackpool but also got relegated. I hope getting Berg in will turn things around.

To be fair he's done a lot more in England than Berg has. Berg is an unknown quantity at this point. At least we would have known what we were getting should we have appointed Holloway or McCarthy.

People do not hate Berg - but after waiting more than a month for a big decision by Vekys....this is what they could come up with. Sounds like they messed around without a clue, asking for "patience", then yesterday decided to offer it to the first novice out of work manager they could think of - oh and ex player for added bonus.

We know they messed around, we know they went for other people, we know they are incapable.

But some of us are still relieved it didn't go worse, that we appear to have a replacement for Kean who has some potential and that some sense of normality can be restored.

Does the month long manager hunt surprise anyone given what's happened since they took over?

BBC 606@bbc606

Blackburn confirm former defender Henning Berg as their new manager.#BRFC fans - happy with Berg as boss? Can he get you back in the #EPL

Nothing on official club site and betting markets still open.

Very, very strange.

But to be honest, even though polar opposite, your response above is just as much a knee-jerk reaction as the one person on this thread who has actually said "Berg Out."

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The person that said Berg Out, I find appalling. Fans that are generally moaning about Berg, I find annoying. As I said last night, some people are convincing themselves that they'll only go back to Ewood if a manager is brought in who is the equivalent of a super hero. Unrealistic expectations given the scenario at Rovers. But hey that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's what message boards are for :)

People do not hate Berg - but after waiting more than a month for a big decision by Vekys....this is what they could come up with. Sounds like they messed around without a clue, asking for "patience", then yesterday decided to offer it to the first novice out of work manager they could think of - oh and ex player for added bonus.

On the contrary I think some people do

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The person that said Berg Out, I find appalling. Fans that are generally moaning about Berg, I find annoying. As I said last night, some people are convincing themselves that they'll only go back to Ewood if a manager is brought in who is the equivalent of a super hero. Unrealistic expectations given the scenario at Rovers. But hey that's just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, that's what message boards are for :)

I've no issue with people moaning about the decision. I think there's a difference between that shambles, and giving Berg a hard time before he's even started.

I'm a bit miffed because my first and second choices were available and overlooked. I can't help feeling shortchanged for that when my belief is that we should have employed experience to get us up. I think Berg will be an alright if unspectacular appointment. Will he get us up? I have my doubts with the massive task in front of him, but stranger things have happened and let's face it Kean managed to get points in this league.

Confirmed by Shaw on Sky Sports News, Berg is in the process of becoming manager. A few minor contractual issues to sort out.

Not too sure but if i opened the door to that it would frighten the kean outta me!!!

I can't promise that my first natual reaction wouldn't be to punch it in the face.

Still finding it weird that 1) Berg's not been appointed and 2) bookies are keeping their books open.

Archived