BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Backroom

It occurs to me that one of the best things about Berg's appointment is that the fans won't likely turn on him. Rather we'd more likely direct our ire against Venkys, where it belongs if things go south.

Good for us, bad for Venkys :)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It occurs to me that one of the best things about Berg's appointment is that the fans won't likely turn on him. Rather we'd more likely direct our ire against Venkys, where it belongs if things go south.

And this is why I think Shebby was so desperate to appoint an ex-Rover, knowing the fans would face a moral conflict and not boo him.

You've fallen straight into his trap, mwahahahahaha

Entirely underwhelmed. Nostalgia won't get us promoted. That said, good luck Henning, I truly hope you're a success here (again!). You're just pretty much an unknown entity at this point is all. And no, two stints as a PLAYER at the club make no difference to that, as it's entirely different being a manager and your managerial CV is minimal and breeds mixed opinions. Hope it works out in spite of that and you lead us back to the promised land. Hopefully the start of change.

I'm more infuriated than underwhelmed. Can our owners get anything right? Sacked Sam when he was doing well, appointed a nomark in Kean, kept Kean when he was doing badly, sacked Kean when he was doing well, lazed around wasting time when Black was doing badly, replaced Black when he was doing well, appointed a nomark in Berg.

Whichever Burnley fans are behind all this need to pack it in now, its not funny anymore.

Can we all agree that Shebby is a tool and doesn't know what he's doing but Berg will get our backing and we cautiously anticipate some much needed change within the club, to whatever extent it manifests itself?

Amen and Haleluja !!

I'm more infuriated than underwhelmed. Can our owners get anything right? Sacked Sam when he was doing well, appointed a nomark in Kean, kept Kean when he was doing badly, sacked Kean when he was doing well, lazed around wasting time when Black was doing badly, replaced Black when he was doing well, appointed a nomark in Berg.

Whichever Burnley fans are behind all this need to pack it in now, its not funny anymore.

Don't be so bloody negative. I reckon we did pretty well considering who the owners are and the presence of Shebby.

Am I missing something but why doesn't the club confirm Berg's appointment ?

Most clubs do this and follow-up with a presser either same day or next day.

Amazing that a couple of bookies still have an open market.

which bookies Mercer - I have just had a weird text.

Its because they know that nothing is certain with Blackburn Rovers. Dont forget 6 weeks ago we were sacking the Bald Looney.

Don't be so bloody negative. I reckon we did pretty well considering who the owners are and the presence of Shebby.

We didn't do pretty well at all considering who was available to us, but if you mean it could have been a lot worse I agree.

As for the process itself, what a complete shambles. Fjortoft on Twitter has been saying how Rovers have been offering interviews to anyone. He asked if this was football X Factor. A month to appoint someone who is out of work, come on.

And the cherry on the cake is he's openly criticized the owners before. Not that that's a bad thing for us fans but it shows the levels of stupidity at work behind the scenes.

I guess that ultimate this statement from BRAG was ignored in the end....

'Supporters are not willing to put up with another experiment,' said Glenn Mullan, chairman of the Blackburn Rovers Action Group.

'Talk of Billy McKinlay and Tim Sherwood, who are both coaches with no managerial experience, has sent supporters into meltdown.'

OK so Berg does have some managerial experience (none in England or a top league though) but he's still "another experiment". Have BRAG gone into meltdown today?

Oh I'm sorry, I should join in with the skipping round the maypole and giddy laughter that a baffling number of other fans seem to be engaged in. Despite the fact that we're on the verge of appointing a Lillestrom reject. Well, we'll see what happens now to our best and possibly only chance of getting back in the Premiership. Couldn't be more dissappointed personally.

Mrs D is waiting for the go ahead from Glen.

Oh I'm sorry, I should join in with the skipping round the maypole and giddy laughter that a baffling number of other fans seem to be engaged in. Despite the fact that we're on the verge of appointing a Lillestrom reject. Well, we'll see what happens now to our best and possibly only chance of getting back in the Premiership. Couldn't be more dissappointed personally.

West Ham appointed a Blackburn reject

And this is why I think Shebby was so desperate to appoint an ex-Rover, knowing the fans would face a moral conflict and not boo him.

You've fallen straight into his trap, mwahahahahaha

Or maybe he's unknowingly set a trap for the owners. :)

Archived