BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Fraser Dainton @SkySportsFraser

Shebby Singh has just arrived at Ewood park. He says "good news" is on the way "very soon". #BRFC

It must be done and dusted. You can still get 1/8 on Henning with Skybet. I was tempted, then again anything can happen with this lot and I'll only believe it when there's an official announcement on the BRAG website.

(only joking fellas!)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell... why bring this in?

Berg has still to prove himself a promising manager, but at least he is young. And, possibly in a late bid to prove himself as wacky as the rest of Blackburn's hit list, he believes teams should be allowed to bring on a 12th man if they go four goals down in a game. No really, he does. It is an idea of the Norwegian FA's designed to prevent youth teams losing heart if they come up against greatly superior opponents. "It is a good rule that will lead to more even matches," Berg said. "It is no fun to lose 17-0, and no fun to win 17-0 either." Seems fair enough, as long as it is limited to junior football. Otherwise Arsenal would have been entitled to an extra man when they went 4-0 down to Reading last night, and that might have spoiled everyone's fun.

Seems like me highlighting what Berg said about the 2th man the other day will be coming back to haunt him!!

FootyAgentNorth@FootyAgentNorth

Holloway on way to Ewood. Agnew mr Singh and Derek all due at Ewood as we speak. #bigturnaround.

FootyAgentNorth@FootyAgentNorth

Holloway was at an academy game at Myerscough College when he had the call I'm told. Can't comment on this as dont know Myerscough

It's a shame that these have come from a twitter account with the word agent in the name.

This is Venkys & Shabba The Hut we are talking about. Anything could happen. And I am still sticking by my guns r.e Holloway

How much would you win Lee? Sounded like you put a fair bit on holloway back on Sunday...

Some still use weights, others don't. Horses for courses. Basically I like receating footballing situations that require the attribute that is desired to be trained to be trained. So gazza would have done lots of work that involved holding players off with high frequency. Yes weights will do the same thing but this way I can also train football at the sametime. Training levels are so low in football that you have to take every oppurtunity to train the game itself IMHO.

Bit off-topic, but I wanted to ask someone with real experience about this; is it true that average training day can be as little as 3 hours?!

I just don't get the difference between him and OGS who everyone wanted. OGS was a better player, but that doesn't really matter for management.

well, OGS has won something as a manager and is currently close to repeating that feat. Thats possibly 2 leagues won, in his first managerial job. Has berg done that too.?

Bloody hell... why bring this in?

Berg has still to prove himself a promising manager, but at least he is young. And, possibly in a late bid to prove himself as wacky as the rest of Blackburn's hit list, he believes teams should be allowed to bring on a 12th man if they go four goals down in a game. No really, he does. It is an idea of the Norwegian FA's designed to prevent youth teams losing heart if they come up against greatly superior opponents. "It is a good rule that will lead to more even matches," Berg said. "It is no fun to lose 17-0, and no fun to win 17-0 either." Seems fair enough, as long as it is limited to junior football. Otherwise Arsenal would have been entitled to an extra man when they went 4-0 down to Reading last night, and that might have spoiled everyone's fun.

The article reads like it was written by a sodding work experience kid.

Bit off-topic, but I wanted to ask someone with real experience about this; is it true that average training day can be as little as 3 hours?!

Majiball Phd inSports sciences, working at a football league club has no real experience??

I think I would trust his judgement!!

Varies from club to club, some I know of are as low as 90 min per day, 4 days a week. Footballers have an easy life given the british cycling averages 35 hours a week. We average about 14 hours physical based work in a normal week (IE match sat to sat), and 4-5 hours classroom work.

As always thanks for your support Kelbo

Daniel Hewitt@DanielHewittITV

Henning Berg signing his contract to be new Blackburn boss today. He's spent the morning with Shebby Singh finalising. Unveiled tmrw.#BRFC

Can't be true though as an 'agent' on Twitter said that Holloway is en route to Ewood..... :D

I hope Berg is at least announced today so that we can be done with this chat and move on.

well, OGS has won something as a manager and is currently close to repeating that feat. Thats possibly 2 leagues won, in his first managerial job. Has berg done that too.?

Nope but Berg managed Lyn to third, and Lyn have by far less money (I saw a Norwegian guy compare them finishing third to Sunderland finishing third). OGS's team was pretty good before he got there. Lyn were also relegated after Berg left.

Archived