BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

So we have a triology! As Part 2 had gone way off topic so it was closed, please can we stick to New Manager chat only and not chat involving BRAG or any other group as there are plenty of other threads for that kind of discussion.

So where are we well. The situation is that there are some factions in the recruitment process who want an experienced manager, but then there is Shebby who wants a younger upcoming manager. It seems that after the reaction of fans yesterday to the potential appointment of Billy McKinley there is now some “rethinking” taking place. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have a triology! As Part 2 had gone way off topic so it was closed, please can we stick to New Manager chat only and not chat involving BRAG or any other group as there are plenty of other threads for that kind of discussion.

So where are we well. The situation is that there are some factions in the recruitment process who want an experienced manager, but then there is Shebby who wants a younger upcoming manager. It seems that after the reaction of fans yesterday to the potential appointment of Billy McKinley there is now some “rethinking” taking place. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

thats exactly what i was told, no Mckinley because of the fans reaction

"Am I missing the question? What's not McKinlay?"

Cheese isn't McKinley.

The next in line to the Belgian throne isn't McKinley.

What do you reckon they mean?

:lol:

I wanted to know more about this BRAG Octopus God called Steve. Then they locked the thread. :(

Anyway, back on topic...

Those guys who have heard it's not Badger - do they think someone will be announced tomorrow?

I hope Shebby gives up on his grooming idea(sounds horrible anyway). If any of Shaw's ideas are taken on board we will be back on track.

The problem for Shebby is that with a half popular, non-drink driving, semi-coherent manager in place he will be redundant This seems to be why he wants a younger manager who he can pretend he is fostering.

We need Shebby to articulate what the owners are thinking but to not be doing any thinking himself.

New Interview with Shebby on Rovers player regarding manager , basically say's

Difficult three weeks, can't rush into an appointment.

Been more difficult than expected

No category of manager ruled out (young,inexperienced ) (had some minor success, potential) (wise old heads),

Can understand frustration of supporters

Talks of fans judging certain names before appointment

No meetings have taken part with anybody whose club has refused approach

Appeal to fans not react to what appears in papers , rumours

Appealing for fans to give him more time to make right decision

No category of manager ruled out (young,inexperienced ) (had some minor success, potential) (wise old heads),

Maybe shabba should ring Gartside up for some guidance

No organisation that has various participants acting to their own agendas instead of pulling together can ever be successful.

It's been difficult because there is a lack of expertise at the top.

I'm repeating myself now but it is driving me batty. My patience is done.

How much bloody time does he need!! He has not got a bloody clue, i am starting to hate Shebby as much i hated Kean now!!

So what skills would Shebby have to "mold" someone into a "new Mourinho"? He actualy thinks it is like playing football manager... So I guess we're back to the situation from last season, where there is only one voice that the owners hear.

And the biggest questions remains. Why the f**k are we looking at coaches and not managers? We tried that, and it failed miserably!

The problem with Shebby involving fans is that he goes about it the wrong way IMO. Making a decision on a manager (Or getting close to one) and then changing his mind based on supporter feedback is stupid. What he should've done from the very start is to gouge what the fans want. And that in general terms, i.e what factors are important to fans; previous association with Rovers/Burnley/Steve Kean/SEM, experience, track record, age, playing style and so on.

And then when he has that, use it as one of several factors influencing the search for a new manager. Taking into account the views of the fans, but not necessarily doing exactly what the fans want.

Shebby clearly intended to appoint Billy before Wednesday's game hence why he told fans at the Derby game a new manager would be in place by Wednesday.

He's got wind of the bad reaction from fans and has pulled the plug on the idea hence no manager for Wednesday.

He could still retrieve the situation - a win on wednesday plus a new (decent) manager by Saturday and the fans would be happy.

"Am I missing the question? What's not McKinlay?"

Cheese isn't McKinley.

The next in line to the Belgian throne isn't McKinley.

What do you reckon they mean?

I was just wondering what the question was thats all

Was it a new manager target that isn't McKinlay?

Or did someone think they saw him in Wilpshire with Ray Wilkins?

No need to be a clever dick

The problem with Shebby involving fans is that he goes about it the wrong way IMO. Making a decision on a manager (Or getting close to one) and then changing his mind based on supporter feedback is stupid. What he should've done from the very start is to gouge what the fans want. And that in general terms, i.e what factors are important to fans; previous association with Rovers/Burnley/Steve Kean/SEM, experience, track record, age, playing style and so on.

And then when he has that, use it as one of several factors influencing the search for a new manager. Taking into account the views of the fans, but not necessarily doing exactly what the fans want.

I agree. Although at least he does take the fans opinion onboard eventually - that is something that didn't happen at all last season. Slow progress.

Is there definitely no chance the stalling is so we can go after Solskjaer when Molde's season has finished? Wishful thinking i'm guessing.

We can't afford to wait for Solskjaer, we will have dropped to many points by then with Black still in charge. Solskjaer won't come to us anyway!!

Archived