BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where Is this 'decent' manager going to emerge from??? It won't be Holloway, as he doesn't want a DOF, so why would Shebby put his own position at risk... I'd guess the situation is the same with McCarthy and any established British manager.... The Action group and keaned up any chance of getting Sherwood now....all that's left is a foreign option who would be used to working with a DOF...But, who has no clue what to expect from the Championship....

Strangely, after that pathetic statement from the action group, I've slightly warned to the idea of McKinley just to stick it to those lying (1,500 emails?!) cretins...

I don't really understand how Shebby believes he can groom a manager into being the next mourinho/ferguson when shebby himself has no managerial(or even coaching) experience and this is the closest he has ever been to a professional football club, also i don't for 1 second think that good managers are groomed it just comes from an even mixture of footballing experience/coaching knowledge/intelligence/natural charisma(and leadership qualities).

Where Is this 'decent' manager going to emerge from??? It won't be Holloway, as he doesn't want a DOF, so why would Shebby put his own position at risk... I'd guess the situation is the same with McCarthy and any established British manager.... The Action group and keaned up any chance of getting Sherwood now....all that's left is a foreign option who would be used to working with a DOF...But, who has no clue what to expect from the Championship....

Strangely, after that pathetic statement from the action group, I've slightly warned to the idea of McKinley just to stick it to those lying (1,500 emails?!) cretins...

I think you are angry with the wrong people here chap.

Don't know whether it has been posted elsewhere but Bolton have appointed Freedman this afternoon.

Meanwhile at Ewood our great leader continues to work through his 3rd list....or is it his 2nd or 4th ?

Bolton have appointed a gem.

We could and should have had Freedman.

Understand he is on one of Shebby's list.

Done a great job at Palace in the close on two years he has been there in extremely difficult circumstances. The guy therefore has shown he can cut it, is young, dynamic and hungry. Also, has that bit of edge about him. How he does not fit our profile is beyond me.

It's all just a feckin disgrace.

The Action group and keaned up any chance of getting Sherwood now....all that's left is a foreign option who would be used to working with a DOF...But, who has no clue what to expect from the Championship....

We had a chance of getting Sherwood? Think even Shebby Singh had finally given up on that one tbh. It had held the search up long enough

With either owners, players or managers, mentality comes into play here, indeed, in India and even here in the UK but especially in India, giving to charity is seen as being done by good people, Venkys really want to appear to be such but, and I am not suggesting they have done anything untoward, simply stating that Jimmy Saville gave lots to charity and did loads of work for Stoke Mand Hospital, however, this only is a smokescreen, there are massive cultural differnces and they really need someone who can bridge those differences honestly and fairly, unfortunately, in my opinion, Kean and Anderson have made them afraid of wolves in sheeps clothing and so we have Shebby.

Mentality is a massive thing and I do honestly believe that we should leave things to Derek Shaw, appoint the right person and forget Shebbys dream of being a DOF, he is not good enough, doesnt understand the European culture or game well enough either.

If I were to take a stab at an untried manager, for me it would be Paul; Scholes as a player manager with an ex Rover as his assistant to bridgen the gaps and relate to the fans, when I say an ex Rover, I would be considering Shearer, Tugay, Sagado Friedel etc. proper legends at the club!!

We can't afford to wait for Solskjaer, we will have dropped to many points by then with Black still in charge. Solskjaer won't come to us anyway!!

As we drop more points we certainly lose the prospect of bringing in a manager that would excite the fans.

When this process (debacle) began we looked like we had a great chance of returning to the Premier League and would've been a good way for a manager to get into that league. I think we could've got him towards the start but not so sure as the weeks go by and we stop to look like promotion candidates.

Done a great job at Palace in the close on two years he has been there in extremely difficult circumstances. The guy therefore has shown he can cut it, is young, dynamic and hungry. Also, has that bit of edge about him. How he does not fit our profile is beyond me.

Eh? A disgrace. Why, because they've appointed Freedman? I wouldn't call him a gem by any stretch. They're on a run granted but they've also had 1 or 2 terrible spells under him.

Eh? A disgrace. Why, because they've appointed Freedman? I wouldn't call him a gem by any stretch. They're on a run granted but they've also had 1 or 2 terrible spells under him.

Agree that it's not a disgrace that they've appointed Freedman ahead of us but it is a disgrace that the "manager search" has taken this amount of time when they've got several names on their desk that under JW and co, would have been seen as safe hands who would have been appointed by now.

Over-reaction. Freedman might become a "gem" but has proved nothing yet. Bolton have taken a gamble on him that may or may not come off - nothing more.

Is he as good as Sheffield Wednesday?

Fair point Booth. Here's hoping we somehow pull a decent appointment out of the hat.

With every passing day the chances of that grow smaller. I can't help thinking that the revelations of the past few days will have been quite an insult to some of the applicants, to know that they were behind a relatively little known coach.

With every passing day the chances of that grow smaller. I can't help thinking that the revelations of the past few days will have been quite an insult to some of the applicants, to know that they were behind a relatively little known coach.

The incompetence must be an open secret by now.

Taken from the Fans Forum Minutes

"4. New Manager Situation

SS reported that the club had drawn up a shortlist from those who had expressed an interest in the role of manager. The shortlist was now very short and SS hoped to be able to announce an appointment soon. He had two targets and he fully expected to appoint one of them.

MartinH asked whether the fact that Burnley and Bolton were also looking for a new manager was putting added pressure on the process. SS stated that he thought that the reverse was the case, in that the other vacancies had taken some media pressure off the club. He also confirmed that the owners understood the need to make the right appointment as part of the process of rebuilding trust of fans."

Wenger and Ferguson may have retired before we have a new manager!

Perhaps that's the grand plan, get them in while they are old and confused.

I can see it now, Fergie with a blanket around him watching Cash in the Attic while Shebby tries to evaluate whether he's better than Myles Anderson to lead us into League 2.

Then choosing Myles Anderson.

Taken from the Fans Forum Minutes

"4. New Manager Situation

SS reported that the club had drawn up a shortlist from those who had expressed an interest in the role of manager. The shortlist was now very short and SS hoped to be able to announce an appointment soon. He had two targets and he fully expected to appoint one of them.

MartinH asked whether the fact that Burnley and Bolton were also looking for a new manager was putting added pressure on the process. SS stated that he thought that the reverse was the case, in that the other vacancies had taken some media pressure off the club. He also confirmed that the owners understood the need to make the right appointment as part of the process of rebuilding trust of fans."

No offence to you Mark, but do you actually believe the tripe that comes out that guys mouth?

I said about the Sherwood deal not happening as he wanted to speak to the owners directly, and Shebby hadn't allowed him this opportunity for one reason or the other. I got slated for it then, but I guess I was right in the end.

I am now going to say, that Billy McKinlay will not happen because the owners have blocked this move. This was the case yesterday. The blame pushed onto the fans by Shebby is just a distraction from the real truth. It is a well known fact that McKinlay is Kean's friend, and I believe this is the reason the owners have blocked this move.

I am now going to say, that Billy McKinlay will not happen because the owners have blocked this move. This was the case yesterday. The blame pushed onto the fans by Shebby is just a distraction from the real truth. It is a well known fact that McKinlay is Kean's friend, and I believe this is the reason the owners have blocked this move.

I really wouldn't give the owners that much credit.

Taken a bit of stick on Freedman.

Just look what he walked into back in Jan. 2011, the young players he's brought on, the results achieved and all on a tight budget.

Successfully cut his teeth at Championship level.

If he doesn't tick our boxes then feck knows who does.

Bolton showed how it should be done.

Archived