BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

His wikipedia page makes for interesting reading. It's basically a succession of him going to a club, doing well, then leaving after his temper got the better of him. My personal favourite is 'Todd left Bolton under a cloud after allegedly breaking assistant manager Phil Brown's jaw and cheekbone at a team bonding session'.

Plus he gave Dean Kiely a shiner as well, utter nutcase, good defender, underrated in my opinion

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't recall where they were, maybe in the 3rd. But I look at his list and it doesn't look like one for a club that has spent 18 out of last 20 years in prem and has just bought an 8 mill striker.

I still reckon they've just got Rhodes as a gamble on him being worth a lot more only.

On a completely random note and in the spirit of happier times does anyone remember when David James was brought on as a striker for Manchester City while Jon Mackoe sat on the bench wondering what the hell was going on! I think he must have known his time was up!

On a happier Rovers note, how about when Friedel grabbed an equaliser against Charlton.

In other news we still don't have a manager.

I still reckon they've just got Rhodes as a gamble on him being worth a lot more only.

Absolutely. I seem to recall Kean even saying it straight out in an interview. Something like: "If he scores 20-25 goals, just think of how much he will be worth" or something like that! :glare:

Absolutely. I seem to recall Kean even saying it straight out in an interview. Something like: "If he scores 20-25 goals, just think of how much he will be worth" or something like that! :glare:

Much better that they spend 8 million on somebody who definitely won't be worth that in a few years time :huh:

And can we also stop the bollokx that is "we have to get an experienced manager otherwise we will be bankrupt" - nope but we might be in league 1 with a wage cap of 5k a week...

(incidentally i think if we want to guarantee insolvency then a campaign to get Harry as manager should be started... pretty much we'll be rid of our owners when the first "whotheKeanishetobeearning80grandaweek" signing turns up B) )

On a completely random note and in the spirit of happier times does anyone remember when David James was brought on as a striker for Manchester City while Jon Mackoe sat on the bench wondering what the hell was going on! I think he must have known his time was up!

On a happier Rovers note, how about when Friedel grabbed an equaliser against Charlton.

In other news we still don't have a manager.

Happier times?

I can't remember being as gutted as I did when Charlton ended up winning that game.

In fairness though, the 30 seconds preceding that was amazing

going off topic again, who gives a Kean about andy todd, we are talking about new managers on here not some pointless irrelevant distant memory

208 users (and growing) and not a single bit of proper info about a new manager to discuss...

Hypothetically, if BRAG's statement stopped SS from appointing McKinlay and led to us appointing Holloway instead would that still mean everyone here thinks their press statement was the worst thing to ever happen in the history of our fanbase?

going off topic again, who gives a Kean about andy todd, we are talking about new managers on here not some pointless irrelevant distant memory

I found it therapeutic given the recent chaos to be honest, not commented on any manager thread although have voted for statistical purposes.

For what it's worth after the latest hair-brain scheme, I'm losing all hope (of what remained in me) and frankly don't think I care anymore, anyone but Black or McKinlay is the general consensus and I'm inclined to agree, this HAS to be right.

Can't help but look at other teams tonight and wonder what could have been if anybody at the club had a shred of intelligence. What direction do we have? What strategy have we settled upon to achieve our targets?

One thing that is for sure, Rovers fans have got to stick together and rid this club of the complete and utterly shambolic ownership in order for us to have future to look forward too.

hmm tasty

i'll take it with a large pinch of salt though.

£10m transfer kitty for Jan?????????

Yea righty oh then!! Have they found oil under the riverside or something?? Or if we put 2 teams out and add their points together will we get into the play offs.First team in the division to have more players than points in May !!!

Hypothetically, if BRAG's statement stopped SS from appointing McKinlay and led to us appointing Holloway instead would that still mean everyone here thinks their press statement was the worst thing to ever happen in the history of our fanbase?

That's exactly what I thought.

I have sat on this info since monday not sure if it's true or not,a good friend of mine works at stanley house and told me on mon evening that 3 people will be interviewd on wed by rovers board members don't know who they are but freind seems 100% sure its true.i am posting this in good faith and hope it's true.

Archived