BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still find it worrying that comments made by Glen M are taken as representative of the fans as a whole.

Stating that the appointment of Sherwood would send the Rovers fans into 'meltdown' is wholly inaccurate - as the poll on the other thread clearly shows.

It might be one person's opinion, or even a handful, but it is absolutely not a comment that accurately represents the Rovers' supporters feelings en mass.

Mentions of further protests also makes us look like a group of petulant children, stamping their feet every time something doesn't go the way we specifically want it to.

I still find it worrying that comments made by Glen M are taken as representative of the fans as a whole.

Stating that the appointment of Sherwood would send the Rovers fans into 'meltdown' is wholly inaccurate - as the poll on the other thread clearly shows.

It might be one person's opinion, or even a handful, but it is absolutely not a comment that accurately represents the Rovers' supporters feelings en mass.

Mentions of further protests also makes us look like a group of petulant children, stamping their feet every time something doesn't go the way we specifically want it to.

+ 1

Are you mates with Sherwood?

I don't know whether Brownie is mates with Sherwood or not but in many ways Brownie is correct.

Regardless of the merits of Sherwood or otherwise, IF Rovers had decided Sherwood he was the one for the job then as a Club we should have gone back in when Spurs turned us down initially until we reached an agreement whereby Levy found an approach acceptable. Then we could have decided whether Sherwood was right for us and vice versa.

Isn't that exactly what happened to Bolton when they went in for Freedman? Bolton were rebuffed initially by Palace as well but went back in with a revised offer and got it sorted.

We're nearly four weeks in and haven't even interviewed anyone yet. We seem to think we should just be able to speak to employees of other Clubs for free.

Mentions of further protests also makes us look like a group of petulant children, stamping their feet every time something doesn't go the way we specifically want it to.Yes agree,you can't band Sherwood and McKinlay in he same mould,think Sherwood could possibly be successful as a manager but who knows.Right if reports are correct we might be moving away from an untried coach to someone who has managed before.So who do go for,a few facts with their win % as managers,

holloway 38%

Mick m 39%

Billy Davies 40%

Karl rob 46%

Simon Grayson 43%

OGS 62%

all pretty reasonable %, obviously OSG out in front but only managed Molde,and Robinson only managed in league 1,I think out of that lot I would go for Grayson,couldn't see getting permission to speak to him but give it a go.

One guy I would have in a heartbeat is Rafa 52% top flight,but no chance he would come,

just so you all remember Steve Kean 28%,just make sure Shebby is reminded about getting a rookie,and big Sam a creditable 40%.So 3 points tomorrow and Saturday and Grayson apt Sunday,simple.Dark horse Billy Davies out of work,just not sure of his relationship with Shaw,were they both at Preston at the same time....

why on earth would giggs or scholes give up playing for united to manage?

I don't know if either are interested in going into management.

However if they are and a really good job came up, it would seem foolish to turn it down in favour of a final half season at United or whatever.

Totally agree, but the problem is there is seemingly nobody else out there representing us so Mullan&co. are the only group the media can get a statement from.

You'd think with the amount of members this site has someone cleverer than myself could think of a way of setting up a group on here of some kind and i don't mean an action group just an open forum with somebody(or bodies) elected to be spokesperson to just pass on our general opinion of whatever comes up.

It will blatantly reach 4.

Giggs and Scholes? Seriously? If we're going down the great player must make a great manager route surely Maradona is the unanimous choice.

I did say I wasn't particularly putting them forward as possible suggestions for Rovers, just that I was surprised no other Club has looked at them.

Surely they're really no different to Solksjaer minus a bit of managerial experience. As players they also probably have a lot more experience than OGS and still have a bit to offer in that respect as well..

I heard that a long time ago.

It wasn't at a team bonding session-well at least that wasn't mentioned.

Didnt sunbed say something snidey about Todds father infront of the Bolton team at training? Todd was meant to have followed him into the changing rooms and beaten him up. I remember being near the players tunnel when he was sent off for the Duggary kick, he was very upset and the look in his eyes was scarey. You wouldnt want to cross him.

The problem is Shebby is nominating younger upcoming coaches, not managers. If he focused on those with a succesful management history (100+ games), the supporters would be a lot more trusting.

Nail, hammer, head.

Bolton have actually gone with the exact blueprint I would have used. "Decide on who you think the best up and coming young manager is and go out and get him."

.I was actually thinking Di Canio and OGS. Hadn't even thought of Freedman until I saw Mercerman mention his name on here. But what little I've read about him suggests he is very highly rated

I don't think he is, but there are strong family ties I believe! ... and no, they're not related. I'm finished there. Brownie can fill in if he likes, or

not.

Thanks Den , as you probably recall , my now 14 year old son has a middle name of Sherwood, he says his schoolmates think he is named after a forrest ...

Glenn Pegden@GlennPegden

Somebody who have just given me good blackpool intel in the past has heard Olly to #rovers before the end of week with £10m to spend in Jan

Now I've just got up from the floor this is surely keanox. Rev I too think DiCanio is a decent shout, can't understand why Grayson has not been mentioned.

Now I've just got up from the floor this is surely keanox. Rev I too think DiCanio is a decent shout, can't understand why Grayson has not been mentioned.

I agree. Having just read his wikipedia page i think he (Grayson) is definately worth considering. Young, knows how to get the best out of Rhodes and based on his managerial record, wins more than he loses. I'm not saying he's the ducks nuts, but he's a lot better than some of the other names (mostly unproven) that have been mentioned.

The quote from Glen in the Mail about Sherwood is very poor.

Although meltdown was a poor choice of word and always going to be emotive, I'd suggest Glen has been every so slightly misquoted - for journalistic effect.

If, After the events of Yesterday, Shebby still appoints McKinlay,

then the only conclusion i could draw from that is Kean and his mate,

are still pulling all the strings.

And if this is the case, the last 2 years would seem like a picnic, compared with what would lie ahead.

Although meltdown was a poor choice of word and always going to be emotive, I'd suggest Glen has been every so slightly misquoted - for journalistic effect.

No. Read the press release. He actually believes he is important now, which is sad given his previous work. But the devastating thing is that Billy Singh believes he is too.

Archived