BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I've been ripped apart on here by BRAG members for starting the poll thread. All I was trying to establish was whether the comments regarding McKinlay and Sherwood were an accurate reflection on this site. There's no way of judging the views of all of our fans but a poll seemed like as good a place to start as any.

I'm not having a go at BRAG at all as I agree with their comment regarding McKinlay. I was just not aware of the same opposition to Sherwood. The other poll doesn't have sufficient numbers to show clearly that fans would be happy with Sherwood but it certainly indicates that there would not be the same negative reaction as the appointment of McKinlay.

If Shebby had wanted Sherwood he should have gone all out for him and got the deal done. He should also not be swayed by any fan groups be it Brag, the fans forum, brfcs, ewoodblues, or anyone. He is in a position of power and needs to make a call and make a decision which he will stand by.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree, but the problem is there is seemingly nobody else out there representing us so Mullan&co. are the only group the media can get a statement from.

You'd think with the amount of members this site has someone cleverer than myself could think of a way of setting up a group on here of some kind and i don't mean an action group just an open forum with somebody(or bodies) elected to be spokesperson to just pass on our general opinion of whatever comes up.

Agreed.

Would people have taken issue with:

"xxx from the clubs largest Internet site, brfcs.com, says fans are realistic about their options. After the fiasco of appointing kean, (22% win ration in the premier league) - fans are hoping to see an actual manager who has a track record of success. It's an extremely attractive job, as the owners have proven they will give a manager more than enough time to get things right."

Would anyone take issue with that?

1. Paints fans in an understanding light

2. Leaves door open to young up and coming or established manager- as long as they have had some degree of success

3. Shapes the message that despite their numerous failings, the owners will actually give a manager time. A precious commodity not normally afforded to anyone in the modern game

We face so many problems as a club but you think the biggest one is Glen! Wake up.

Venkys are the problem, BRAG are part of the solution. Where are you?

In your opinion BRAG is only part of the solution. So that leaves plenty of room for others to play their own small parts.

Is it unfathomable that some supporters have the same goal as BRAG but do not like how they go about their business?

Back to the manager search

DAY 26 IN THE EWOOD BIG TOP AND SHEBBY SINGH IS STILL PICKING HIS NOSE...........

We face so many problems as a club but you think the biggest one is Glen! Wake up.

Venkys are the problem, BRAG are part of the solution. Where are you?

Exactly where I always was. BRAG are the same as this site. High profile, good for venting spleen but in terms of club management, irrelevant. Agreed, Venkys are the problem. I was a great supporter of the Trust - I know you were not - but their legacy has amounted to one big betrayal. The next manager will have to be brave. Confident he can make decisions himself. And confident that at the first sign of fan unrest that their views are taken on board only as supporters and not influential decision makers. BRAG crossed that line. That is my point and it is relevant in the context of selling a club to a someone who may be unnerved by the chaos surrounding this appointment . BRAG have contributed to that chaos, possibly unwittingly, but they are culpable nevertheless.

Agreed.

Would people have taken issue with:

"xxx from the clubs largest Internet site, brfcs.com, says fans are realistic about their options. After the fiasco of appointing kean, (22% win ration in the premier league) - fans are hoping to see an actual manager who has a track record of success. It's an extremely attractive job, as the owners have proven they will give a manager more than enough time to get things right."

Would anyone take issue with that?

1. Paints fans in an understanding light

2. Leaves door open to young up and coming or established manager- as long as they have had some degree of success

3. Shapes the message that despite their numerous failings, the owners will actually give a manager time. A precious commodity not normally afforded to anyone in the modern game

I do agree that the statement could have been constructed differently. BRAG need to be aware that, although the statement was well intended and probably very necessary, the eyes of the football world are watching us very carefully. It's fair to say that the vast majority of the press were sympathetic to Kean during the protests and it won't take much for the nationals to turn on the clubs supporters. From the outside looking in it seems like Rovers fans are getting well above themselves and are now influencing the managerial process. Any future statements need to demonstrate a hefty chunk of PR on behalf of the fan base. Despite good intentions, we are getting a very very bad name and this needs to be rectified. BRAG should be pushing the fact that they believe an experienced mangaer who is allowed to do the job without external influences will be given the backing of the Ewood faithful. Too much poison has been created in and around Rovers and we need to start to show willing on our part to give the owners and the new management a second chance. Whether the deserve it or not.

I do agree that the statement could have been constructed differently. BRAG need to be aware that, although the statement was well intended and probably very necessary, the eyes of the football world are watching us very carefully. It's fair to say that the vast majority of the press were sympathetic to Kean during the protests and it won't take much for the nationals to turn on the clubs supporters. From the outside looking in it seems like Rovers fans are getting well above themselves and are now influencing the managerial process. Any future statements need to demonstrate a hefty chunk of PR on behalf of the fan base. Despite good intentions, we are getting a very very bad name and this needs to be rectified. BRAG should be pushing the fact that they believe an experienced mangaer who is allowed to do the job without external influences will be given the backing of the Ewood faithful. Too much poison has been created in and around Rovers and we need to start to show willing on our part to give the owners and the new management a second chance. Whether the deserve it or not.

i feel they need to earn a second chance.

agree with the rest.

i feel they need to earn a second chance.

Indded they do. Please don't think i'm advocating a Venky's love in here. But something needs to give at Rovers. If an experienced manager is appointed and seen to be having full control, then we need to show that we'll give him a fair crack of the whip. IMO if Venky's are to improve their awful tenure, this needs to be the starting point. All would not be forgiven by any means, but we as fans need to get a better press and to do that we need to show willing to support a proper manager. As i said, the BRAG statement was probably necessary in the circumstances. But in releasing it we have to be aware that it has done our collective image no good whatsoever. This sorry mess isn't our fault, but something has to give. If we want a decent pedigree of manager to suceed here the atmosphere has to change. Its down to many parties to achieve this. I'm just saying i think it is BRAG's responsibility to promote our fans base as being more than a bunch of knee-jerk protestors who have gotten too big for their boots. Thats not how it is necessarily, but you can bet your bottom dollar thats how it will be seen to the outside world / press / media.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10003119.Black_wants_a_Rovers_boss_decision/?ref=twt

Sounds like Rovers are set to wait for OGS to finish his season with Molde then appoint him manager.

Which is fine but he has to commit now. We can't just wait and hope he'll come at the end of November.

http://www.lancashir...cision/?ref=twt

Sounds like Rovers are set to wait for OGS to finish his season with Molde then appoint him manager.

If that's the case, Shebby will be completely vindicated for taking his time over this appointment.

First he gets rid of kean. Second he lands one of the best up and coming managers in football.

He'd get my vote ;-)

Indded they do. Please don't think i'm advocating a Venky's love in here. But something needs to give at Rovers. If an experienced manager is appointed and seen to be having full control, then we need to show that we'll give him a fair crack of the whip. IMO if Venky's are to improve their awful tenure, this needs to be the starting point. All would not be forgiven by any means, but we as fans need to get a better press and to do that we need to show willing to support a proper manager. As i said, the BRAG statement was probably necessary in the circumstances. But in releasing it we have to be aware that it has done our collective image no good whatsoever. This sorry mess isn't our fault, but something has to give. If we want a decent pedigree of manager to suceed here the atmosphere has to change. Its down to many parties to achieve this. I'm just saying i think it is BRAG's responsibility to promote our fans base as being more than a bunch of knee-jerk protestors who have gotten too big for their boots. Thats not how it is necessarily, but you can bet your bottom dollar thats how it will be seen to the outside world / press / media.

Yes i fully understand and agree with that but I just could not give them a second chance with b mc.

If the new manager is a tried seasoned pro I am all for renewing and backing them to the hilt.

For me, every statement that BRAG decide to publish needs to be vetted by a few intelligent people who perhaps have a history in media. Letting certain members spout their opinions, knowing it is going to get press time is ludicrous and screams "POWER TRIP" to me. There should be vigilant and appropriate proof-reading of every statement and they must ensure that it is a true representation of the fans views and if not then specifically state otherwise. The last thing we need is for anything published to come back to bite us in the arse. At this rate we are going to look even more stupid to the national media/footballing world than we already do. BRAG have a responsibility which they are not conforming to, instead egos are running the show, and it is much the same for BRFC and the manager search.

Which is fine but he has to commit now. We can't just wait and hope he'll come at the end of November.

Agree-is there any suggestion we have even spoken to him though?? I mean if we are to belive that all our efforts have been on Sherwood and then Mc Kinlay why would they have spoken to Olly Golly?

It isn't exactly normal practice to be all over Sherwood(then McKinlay) , which has become national public knowledge that he was our No 1 target, whilst at the same time really charming someone in Norway.

I think our problem could easily now become one of '' not being in your initial top 2 for this job'' during which time the inadequacies of Venky's and Shebby have been further highlighted on a national stage-so why would anyone want to come as 3rd , 4th , or 5th choice?

Its a royal Venkys kean up, by appointing a complete tit to run riot who sadly has proved to be the total publicity seeking moron everybody (apart from BRAG) feared he might be.

Even Eric Black now saying a permanent appointment needs to happen quickly so if it is to be OGS then realistically its going to be early December by which point half the season will be gone.

What a complete dogs dinner this is.

If that's the case, Shebby will be completely vindicated for taking his time over this appointment.

First he gets rid of kean. Second he lands one of the best up and coming managers in football.

He'd get my vote ;-)

Can we afford to wait, though?

18th November is Molde's final league game. 6th December is their final Europa League Group Stage match. What happens if they get through their group?

I worry about the rate of decline we've seen in the past few weeks. If Black can get a good result tonight and, considering he's just officially ruled himself out of the running, can build on that or the next 3 weeks or so, then, yes, maybe it is best to wait for, what I feel, is the best candidate.

But if we can't progress in the weeks between now and the end of Solskjaer's Molde tenure (whenever he decides that may be) then we can write off this season, probably.

For me, every statement that BRAG decide to publish needs to be vetted by a few intelligent people who perhaps have a history in media. Letting certain members spout their opinions, knowing it is going to get press time is ludicrous and screams "POWER TRIP" to me. There should be vigilant and appropriate proof-reading of every statement and they must ensure that it is a true representation of the fans views and if not then specifically state otherwise. The last thing we need is for anything published to come back to bite us in the arse. At this rate we are going to look even more stupid to the national media/footballing world than we already do. BRAG have a responsibility which they are not conforming to, instead egos are running the show, and it is much the same for BRFC and the manager search.

...and thats probably why the two parties get on so well together, despite BRAG 'not agreeing with everything SS has to say'

Agreed, it needs to be signed, sealed and delivered for OGS to take over at the end lf November or we should move on. Obviously 99.99% of the fan base would be happy with OGS but I'd be very cautious about waiting that long unless it was a dead cert.

In the interim though we need somebody other than Black. Souey for a month?

The bottom line for me is that without BRAG passing on the concerns of its members we would most likely have seen McKinley appointed today.

I accept that a chunk of the membership (albeit a very large chunk) should not have been able to influence the the Club in this way and it would never have happened under JW.

In fact the first we'd have known about it was when the appointment was announced.

However we are a million miles away from those happy days and we have to play by the new rules.

Finally, i don't believe what BRAG do is being judged on its merits, its all about "Glen and co are too big for their boots" and its pathetic.

The last manager to commit to us weeks ahead of arriving was Sven Goran Ericson. Committing and arriving could be two different things. We could be out of the race by December and might not look very attractive.

TBH I still don't see why OGS would want to come. He turned down Villa for family reasons, probably is secure for life, 39 with a young family and doing very nicely at home. Quality of lifeplay be more important to him and his family than flogging it out at Ewood.

Why move?

OGS would be a decent appointment but we can't afford to wait for another month. We've already slipped to 10th in the division and if we're any further off the pace come December then we're going to really struggle to climb back up. Considering the likes of Holloway are allegedly interested I'd much rather we get someone like that in now instead of wait another month.

Archived