BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I've misunderstood nothing. Please have a read around before suggesting such things. Also, two years of management in any league still leaves you with the tag of "inexperienced," and, in the Norwegian League....

I have read everything, including your arguments with Greco, Topman and yoda, and you seem bent on criticizing BRAG. Perhaps I should have been more blunt instead of playing it down as a misunderstanding. Well, it's not that I'm against you criticizing BRAG, but I'll disagree with you on that.

As for inexperienced, there's the inexperienced "coaches who have never managed before" or lower-league managers like Karl Robinson whom most people are against, and there's the inexperienced in England/been-in-management-for-only-a-couple-of-seasons inexperience which most people are not against (or Bernrd Schuster, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and everyone else who managed overseas wouldn't be so popular).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players are more than good enough, they just lack confidence which needs to be built up. Thats why we need a proper manager to motivate them and push the right buttons

I hope you are right , the best players we have are the ones signed before Kean !

They are getting older and their replacements are either finished or just not good enough ..

I have read everything, including your arguments with Greco, Topman and yoda, and you seem bent on criticizing BRAG. Perhaps I should have been more blunt instead of playing it down as a misunderstanding. Well, it's not that I'm against you criticizing BRAG, but I'll disagree with you on that.

As for inexperienced, there's the inexperienced "coaches who have never managed before" or lower-league managers like Karl Robinson whom most people are against, and there's the inexperienced in England/been-in-management-for-only-a-couple-of-seasons inexperience which most people are not against (or Bernrd Schuster, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and everyone else who managed overseas wouldn't be so popular).

The reason people don't want McKinlay is because he's mates with Kean and left us under a cloud. Fine. This is what should have been stated in the press release.

I appreciate what you're saying about Solksjaer, but, I would not be happy waiting until November for a managerial novice. It may very well be too late by then.

BRAG did not stop the McKinlay deal. Media have twisted BRAG's concerns, which was expected and BRAG should look at themselves for putting out a naive statement and not expecting it to get manipulated by the press.

I do not support BRAG but neither do I oppose of them but I have to completely agree with this... I have noticed with a lot of there press releases they are left open to misinterpretation and can be very easily taken out of context, I just think they need more time to think them through before sending them to press as one day I can see it backfiring on all rovers fans and putting us all in a bad light with rest of the country again.

BRAG did not stop the McKinlay deal. Media have twisted BRAG's concerns, which was expected and BRAG should look at themselves for putting out a naive statement and not expecting it to get manipulated by the press.

Which bit did the media twist exactly?

The players are more than good enough, they just lack confidence which needs to be built up. Thats why we need a proper manager to motivate them and push the right buttons

I can't agree with that. Having seen the last three games and looking at the squad in it's totality I believe it the weakest senior playing staff we have had for a long time. Where I do think they can improve is by increasing their fitness levels. This would give the team a decent percentage improvement without a doubt. Any new manager will have to squeeze whatever he can from the squad until January and then bring in several new players. That is absolutely key for me and I believe this is one of the main guarantees a decent manager would want.

Some of the no hoper names mentioned would crawl over broken glass to get the managers job and put up with the kind of crap Kean did. We need a strong, single minded manager who will not suffer fools and need cast iron guarantees.

Sounds like Philipl has not had the best of starts to the day:

Philip Lingard@philiplingard

Struggling to comprehend the latest extent of stupidity at Rovers. I cannot see the club surviving beyond this season.

Perhaps a tad dramatic but wouldn't rule anything out with this lot in charge.

Sounds like Philipl has not had the best of starts to the day:

Philip Lingard@philiplingard

Struggling to comprehend the latest extent of stupidity at Rovers. I cannot see the club surviving beyond this season.

Perhaps a tad dramatic but wouldn't rule anything out with this lot in charge.

Another bad dream? Cherry Malta is perfect for Twitter.

I couldn't agree more about Black. Credit to him for coming out and saying it how it is. He has admitted he isn't in the running and he has told Shebby to get his arse into gear and get this sorted.

Reading the Lt article-I don't think Black is ruling himself out of the managers job-He's just saying he's not involved in the process of recruiting the new manager.

Here's his quote.

“For the club to continue to move forward a decision has to come pretty soon.

“Without doubt I am out of the process, there is no point in me being involved in it.”

Can people move their boring, tit 4 tat, axe grinding, agenda driven pish about BRAG onto another thread please and leave this 1 for talking about who the next manager is going to be. I am getting RSI from having scroll past it all.

Absolutely agree.

Make it the next podcast...all the protagonists arguing with each other whilst at the same time boring the crap out of most of us.

Wouldn't surprise me , I have been saying for over 12 months the players are not good enough !!

The new manager , has a lot on his plate !

12 months ago we were in the Premier League - whilst the squad may not have been good enough for that league it is theoretically good enough to win this one.

I can't agree with that. Having seen the last three games and looking at the squad in it's totality I believe it the weakest senior playing staff we have had for a long time. Where I do think they can improve is by increasing their fitness levels. This would give the team a decent percentage improvement without a doubt. Any new manager will have to squeeze whatever he can from the squad until January and then bring in several new players. That is absolutely key for me and I believe this is one of the main guarantees a decent manager would want.

Some of the no hoper names mentioned would crawl over broken glass to get the managers job and put up with the kind of crap Kean did. We need a strong, single minded manager who will not suffer fools and need cast iron guarantees.

No leaders left apart from Robinson/Givet. No favourites for the fans to relate to, no characters who can inspire others. Kean/Venkys dismantled the squad and took the heart out of it.

No leaders left apart from Robinson/Givet. No favourites for the fans to relate to, no characters who can inspire others. Kean/Venkys dismantled the squad and took the heart out of it.

Dont agree.

There certainly are players to relate to : Rhodes, Kazim, Dunn, Gomes and Etuhu. All of these are also characters who can inspire others.

Dougie Freedman deal not done at bolton,compensation is the sticking point.

No going back now.

We are talking about Bolton here and not a Venky's owned Rovers.

No doubt will be concluded by end of today.

On October 15th 2001 Rovers lost to Fulham and were 15th after 10 games and 16 points off 2nd place

The team then won 6 on the spin, only lost 3 more matches out of the next 36 and still only just pipped Bolton to promotion with 1 game to spare.

I can't see this current squad repeating that feat but with less matches to do it in (whilst bedding in a new manager)

On October 15th 2001 Rovers lost to Fulham and were 15th after 10 games and 16 points off 2nd place

The team then won 6 on the spin, only lost 3 more matches out of the next 36 and still only just pipped Bolton to promotion with 1 game to spare.

I can't see this current squad repeating that feat but with less matches to do it in (whilst bedding in a new manager)

Whilst we may not do the same, the division itself might not do the same. Who's to say it will be a straight up 3 horse race with those teams much higher than the rest? And who says we need 2nd place to go up?

But I do take your point.

Cracking stat that should be highlighted to the powers that be

Luckily we aren't 16 points off second place or i'd agree that the situation would indeed look dire. A loss tonight and it could feel more like your scenario though.

Archived