BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

I also forgot to mention that I imagine our training facilities and academy are probably much better than Burnley and B'pool. I don't know that they are but guessing based on our success in last 2 decades vs theirs probably means this is true. Wouldn't this appeal to someone who is as 'hands on' and thorough as Holloway?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean by looking at his personality, not how he's managing in Norway - I know nothing about that.

He's always come across as a shy, softly spoken lad. I've never seen anything in his persona that suggests that he's tough enough, or single minded enough. Sometimes you see a mean streak in people, someone who makes you sit up and listen - just as Souey still does, but I just haven't seen anything like that in his personality. That's all.

So taking Molde who had never won the league before from next to bottom to champions the same season doesn't display single-mindedness, toughness? I think it displays them with bells on. Not every manager needs to be a screamer and shouter, it just doesn't work these days. OGS is articulate, intelligent and highly driven, he is exactly what we need a modern manager who manages people not ruling through fear. Just look at the successful managers of today all of them aren't screamers and shouters ala souness, why? Because most people would just go 'kean' behind his back. Fergies own words ' it doesn't work anymore I've had to change my style and become less fearful and more of a talker and reasoner'.

The players have had 18 months of doing what they want and Kean letting them do it as he couldn't manage them. He's been screaming and shouting at them and generally avoiding doing the nasty work IE telling them what's wrong and where they are struggling, FACT. SO you can bring in an old school screamer and most of the players especially the young ones will just slag him off behind his back. Bring in a thinker, a top ex player who despite his supposed 'shy' personality was clever enough to drag a bunch of Norwegian no-hopers from bottom to top in one season and we'll move forwards. He'll reason with them, convince them it's the right thing to do and they'll buy in to it, then they'll start playing better and to the level they can. We have a squad full of full internationals from some big countries, the man who can get them on board, working hard and believing in themselves and more importantly wanting to do it, will easily see promoted. A screamer won't do it and will fail. We're only 8 points off top place with a game in hand, making up those points at this stage is easy with the right man running the show. OGS is that man, hands down and if the club don't go get him when he wants to come here, then they should be shot, hung drawn and quartered. The whole silent stance pleases me as the last thing OGS would want with Molde chasing the league title is the players to lose faith by knowing he's leaving before they wrap things up. His kids and family miss home, they are born here and Rovers represents exactly what he wants a move back to the Manchester area. All those suggesting he'd be off to United are mad as they'll be after Guardiola (year out, coincides with fergie potentially stepping down) or Jose who wants that job bad so he can topple Chelsea and Abramovich. OGS will never be considered at this stage and his desperation tow ork in this area means provided we support him he could be around for a while.

Sort it out Shebby you've been told more than once.

REV - on Scholes and Giggs they are still playing at the very top and making a difference, if they were say at a smaller club then maybe they'd consider it. I'm yet to meet anyone from football who'd rather coach/manage than play. As long as they are doing that and doing it well at United they wouldn't even give it a thought. No player wants to stop playing as nothing comes close.

I also forgot to mention that I imagine our training facilities and academy are probably much better than Burnley and B'pool. I don't know that they are but guessing based on our success in last 2 decades vs theirs probably means this is true. Wouldn't this appeal to someone who is as 'hands on' and thorough as Holloway?

Without a doubt they are better facilites at Brockhall. We don't want Holloway though, or Shebby does not, so we are not in the race.

Probably? Are you Keaning me!

Blackpool don't have any pretty much, and Burnley's is pretty dire with very little money as well. Rovers is a palace in comparison. Brockhall really is an amazing training facility by anyones standards. They even have a players lounge "for when things are getting too much." I would suspect this is a big reason why a lot of managers would be interested in the job, and even more a kick in the teeth why Venky's allowed a tool like Kean to run the place.

A player who takes his money despite being fit and not playing is in my opinion a cheat, cheating the club, manager and supporters, how do you justify to your players something like that and ask them to give something you were not prepared to give yourself, Sherwood, Shearer etc were 100% players and would demand it from their squad or else!!

As for OGS being a novice, I dont think he is, I feel he will be a good manager, he has had almost 2 years in the job and will have learned quite a bit over that time, knows the PL and most of the players, good contacts within the game and well respected!

Kelbo, where on earth have I justified McKinlay's behaviour???!?!!

As for Solksjaer, he's a novice, no two ways about it.

Maj, I'm not asking for a screamer, nor am I writing OGS off. If he comes, I'll be happy to go along with that for a while. We all have "hunches" as to who will make a manager and who wont - and that's all it is, a hunch.

As it stands I would take any of these guys given the current situation:

Holloway - People say that he is a one trick pony with Blackpool....but some managers take time to find their niche and Ollie seems like the kind of man who has learnt from his time at past clubs, particularly Leciester. Hopefully Ollie could replicate it at Rovers. I think we have some players that would thrive on his style and the big time charlies will be given the heave ho.

McCarthy - Not exactly cut out for the premiership but right now we just need someone to get us up.

OGS - Could be a manager that sticks with Rovers for a long time if he came here, seems a very sensible and intelligent person...although you could argue he would be pretty dumb to join this circus.

Shearer - BUT he needs somebody who has managed before alongside him as an experienced assistant.

I wouldn't take these lot:

Eric Black - 4 games...no wins, kthanksbye

Billy McKinlay - I'll admit I wasn't aware that he left Rovers under a cloud because I was too young to understand the goings on at a club behind the scenes, but his connection with Kean puts me off big time.

Owen Coyle - LOL

Paul Jewell - he's just been made available apparently and you can bet your mortgage his CV will be on Shebby's desk first thing tomorrow.

Roy Keane - his surname is Kean with an e on the end, good enough for me to say no thanks.

Steve Kean in disguise as Senior Keanio - a young up and coming spanish coach from the Segunda Liga. They say he's a good thinker....

Maji....can I be your stalker again?

After you seemed to be losing your marbles during 2012 you have now come back in triumph.

But we have all tried to think this thru and the Venkys et al do not mirror conventional wisdom do they?

Probably now chasing ex-boyfriends of Mrs Kean.

REV - on Scholes and Giggs they are still playing at the very top and making a difference, if they were say at a smaller club then maybe they'd consider it. I'm yet to meet anyone from football who'd rather coach/manage than play. As long as they are doing that and doing it well at United they wouldn't even give it a thought. No player wants to stop playing as nothing comes close.

I take your point but United only offer one year contracts to players over a certain age. There's no guarantee for Scholes and Giggs this won't be their last season there.

Just say for example at some point this season Moyes is finally lured away to a Club with more financial clout than Everton. If Everton fancied Giggs or Scholes as player manager and either fancied a crack at management they'd be crazy to turn it down. Everton might be prepared to give them a short term contract beyond this season as a player as well whereas United might not.

See Majiballs post!!!

I couldn't give two sh!ts that His Superior Royal Highness' opinion is. That guy will talk and talk until he sounds convincing.

Does OGS know anything about management in the English game? Does he know anything about management in any Europe's major countries? Does he know how to get a team out of the most competitive league in England?

No.

By the way, on Rovers training facilities vs Blackpools. When Holloway went there in 2009 he described it as a hell hole and then insisted the team never go there ever again. They are still waiting for plans of new training facilities. It also floods.

From here: http://thetwounfortunates.com/blackpool-and-ian-holloway-hang-in-the-balance/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FKtsiC+%28the+two+unfortunates%29

Will Watt's tweet has expanded into a story for the Gazette.

"BURNLEY have joined the race for Blackpool boss Ian Holloway.

The Clarets have been without a manager since Eddie Howe’s return to Bournemouth, while the Seasiders boss has also been heavily linked with the vacancy at Blackburn Rovers.

And last night speculation was growing that both Pool’s Championship rivals from east Lancashire could make a move for Holloway.

Rovers have seen approaches for Tim Sherwood and Billy McKinlay turned down in recent days and are believed to be set to switch their interest back to Bloomfield Road, and their arch-rivals Burnley are also keen on testing the water before the weekend.

Holloway showed no signs of unrest after last night’s 2-2 draw with Nottingham Forest and talked openly of his future plans at Blackpool.

But he is yet to totally rule out a move to another club and wouldn’t be drawn on the matter.

“Make of it all what you will,” he said. “At least there’s one of the jobs I’m not in line for – good luck to Dougie (Freedman) at Bolton. Am I going to Sainsbury’s tomorrow, I don’t know?”

So taking Molde who had never won the league before from next to bottom to champions the same season doesn't display single-mindedness, toughness? I think it displays them with bells on. Not every manager needs to be a screamer and shouter, it just doesn't work these days. OGS is articulate, intelligent and highly driven, he is exactly what we need a modern manager who manages people not ruling through fear. Just look at the successful managers of today all of them aren't screamers and shouters ala souness, why? Because most people would just go 'kean' behind his back. Fergies own words ' it doesn't work anymore I've had to change my style and become less fearful and more of a talker and reasoner'.

The players have had 18 months of doing what they want and Kean letting them do it as he couldn't manage them. He's been screaming and shouting at them and generally avoiding doing the nasty work IE telling them what's wrong and where they are struggling, FACT. SO you can bring in an old school screamer and most of the players especially the young ones will just slag him off behind his back. Bring in a thinker, a top ex player who despite his supposed 'shy' personality was clever enough to drag a bunch of Norwegian no-hopers from bottom to top in one season and we'll move forwards. He'll reason with them, convince them it's the right thing to do and they'll buy in to it, then they'll start playing better and to the level they can. We have a squad full of full internationals from some big countries, the man who can get them on board, working hard and believing in themselves and more importantly wanting to do it, will easily see promoted. A screamer won't do it and will fail. We're only 8 points off top place with a game in hand, making up those points at this stage is easy with the right man running the show. OGS is that man, hands down and if the club don't go get him when he wants to come here, then they should be shot, hung drawn and quartered. The whole silent stance pleases me as the last thing OGS would want with Molde chasing the league title is the players to lose faith by knowing he's leaving before they wrap things up. His kids and family miss home, they are born here and Rovers represents exactly what he wants a move back to the Manchester area. All those suggesting he'd be off to United are mad as they'll be after Guardiola (year out, coincides with fergie potentially stepping down) or Jose who wants that job bad so he can topple Chelsea and Abramovich. OGS will never be considered at this stage and his desperation tow ork in this area means provided we support him he could be around for a while.

Sort it out Shebby you've been told more than once.

+1!

So with 3 games to go OGS' Molde are 2nd, joint on pts with Rosenborg, who they play this sunday.

IF they win it, then he will have won 2 Norweigian titles, and 1 reserve league title.

Here's abit of Fergie talk on OGS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15544113

Fergie talks about his attention to meticulous detail.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1470887_sir-alex-ferguson-tips-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-as-potential-manchester-united-boss

Fergie tips OGS for top job in 3+ years

Will Watt's tweet has expanded into a story for the Gazette.

"BURNLEY have joined the race for Blackpool boss Ian Holloway.

The Clarets have been without a manager since Eddie Howe’s return to Bournemouth, while the Seasiders boss has also been heavily linked with the vacancy at Blackburn Rovers.

And last night speculation was growing that both Pool’s Championship rivals from east Lancashire could make a move for Holloway.

Rovers have seen approaches for Tim Sherwood and Billy McKinlay turned down in recent days and are believed to be set to switch their interest back to Bloomfield Road, and their arch-rivals Burnley are also keen on testing the water before the weekend.

Holloway showed no signs of unrest after last night’s 2-2 draw with Nottingham Forest and talked openly of his future plans at Blackpool.

But he is yet to totally rule out a move to another club and wouldn’t be drawn on the matter.

“Make of it all what you will,” he said. “At least there’s one of the jobs I’m not in line for – good luck to Dougie (Freedman) at Bolton. Am I going to Sainsbury’s tomorrow, I don’t know?”

If he did go to Burnley, and we end up with some no mark coach, Shebby should look at himself in the mirror.

Archived