BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

Am convinced my mate Dave will be on the list to be interviewed a he knows nothing about football In fact he's never watched a match in his life. He only knows 2 footballers names Rooney and Gerrard and even them he doesn't know their first names. He has absolutely no interest in football and can only name 7 English teams................so he's got to be a shoe in for the job surely?

Sounds a little over qualified.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do Rovers actually mean when they say the manager search has 'moved forward'?

I'm praying it means they've agreed compensation for someone that's already at a club. Could it be Holloway?

If it means they've only just phoned up a couple of candidates in invite them in for an interview, we're even more fooked that I originally feared.

This was posted on Rovers.co.uk on the 11th october. So apart from us "interviewing soon", what the Kean has changed in 15 days? How does Cryer and co not pull the club up on this guff?

FARCICAL:

Blackburn Rovers are making significant strides in the search for a new manager.

A working party, consisting of Rovers’ global advisor Shebby Singh, managing director Derek Shaw and operations director Paul Agnew, has held detailed discussions over potential targets, in close liaison with the club’s owners, Venky’s.

A list of potential candidates to succeed Steve Kean has now been drawn up.

Mr Singh said: “We are all very pleased with the calibre of candidates and there are a number of strong avenues that we wish to explore. However, we must appeal for patience and calm among supporters while the right decision is reached.

“Derek, Paul and I, in close liaison with the owners, are working hard to make sure we get the right man and while we don’t want it to take any longer than is necessary, we won’t be rushed. This is a big, big decision.”

A working party, consisting of Rovers’ global advisor Shebby Singh, managing director Derek Shaw and operations director Paul Agnew, has held detailed discussions over potential targets, in close liaison with the club’s owners, Venky’s.

“Derek, Paul and I, in close liaison with the owners, are working hard to make sure we get the right man

With a team like Shaggy, Daggers and Degsey handling this all I can say is "God help us"!

We will probably end up with Abbey as manager.....at least he will be cheap.

Which is precisely why I say he won't come. Wealthy young man, young family, good job at home. Why would he need the stress of English football and the added bonus of Shebby and the Raos? He'd be nuts to swap what he has for Ewood - and there is our major problem.

If I was OGS I'd stay home.

I dont expect OSG to be the next manager at Ewood.

He will consult Sir Alex, if he hasnt already done so, and then bide his time awaiting an offer from a FOOTBALL TEAM.

I know Derek Shaw has come in for some stick on here regards his relationship with Agnes and PNE but you might want to check out which manager he appointed at Preston and their success , iinfo supplied by the ever-reliable wiki of course

Craig Brown 2002–2004 106 36 30 40 33.96 1.30 Billy Davies 2004–2006 101 45 35 21 45.55 1.68 Paul Simpson 2006–2007 58 25 10 23 43.10 1.46 Alan Irvine 2007–2009 111 45 26 40 40.54 1.45 Darren Ferguson 2010 49 13 11 25 26.53 1.02 Phil Brown 2011 51 15 15 21 29.41 1.18

And Maj, that is why some of your posts really annoy me. You do think that your opinions are more valid.

Why couldn't you just reply like that in the first place?

I don't consider this a validity issue, more a knowledge issue. validity is all about logical strucutre whether true or false and I can't see its relevence.

Do I think I know more about football than you? Yes I'm afraid I do. Do I think Hawkings knows more about physics than me? Yes he does. Does Ferguson know more about football than me? Off course he does. And so on, you watch the game and I study the game, for me the two are very different and you will never change my view on that, period. I am an academic all I do is study and my field is football.

Am I a pretenious keanhole for believeing that? No not in my opinion as I know how much I have studied the game and it's associatted attributes and my track record. Do I know as much as you about your choosen profession? No I probably don't and yet you spout what you do as you believe you know better?

Put me on ignore Shilly i won't respond again I wouldn't want to offend you by making you feel inferior, as all you've done is show that my posts do exactly that to you.

Posted 14 minutes ago

"I know Derek Shaw has come in for some stick on here regards his relationship with Agnes and PNE but you might want to check out which manager he appointed at Preston and their success , iinfo supplied by the ever-reliable wiki of course

Craig Brown 2002–2004 106 36 30 40 33.96 1.30 Billy Davies 2004–2006 101 45 35 21 45.55 1.68 Paul Simpson 2006–2007 58 25 10 23 43.10 1.46 Alan Irvine 2007–2009 111 45 26 40 40.54 1.45 Darren Ferguson 2010 49 13 11 25 26.53 1.02 Phil Brown 2011 51 15 15 21 29.41 1.18 "

He was involved in all of them as either acting Chairman or Chairman except Phil Brown, and he was one of the reason's the most successful one of that bunch left, whilst spending a load of cash PNE didnt have so I don't get your point,hence their dramatic fall down and out of the division when the cash dried up and the Inland revenue debacle http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/lancashire/8684796.stm

I'm fairly sure you were more than happy to quote him when he said we were mad for sacking his mate Sam though!

;)

Seriously though if you're young and intelligent like Solksjaer and Gary Neville you would assume that you don't play for United for years without absorbing a lot of the good habitsgoing on around you. Regardless of whether your personality is exactly the same as Ferguson's.

You mean like Brian Kidd?

and no, I didn't quote Ferguson when he said we were mad to sack Sam. I didn't need to. Anyone who knows about football realised that anyway.

:)

Cryers tweet sounds promising but you really never know...seems like we have become the ultmate pushovers ''can we speak to your manager please...No!! Ah come on...NO NOW GO AWAY!!...ok sorry''

technically thats 'looking' but we all know its a feeble pathetic attempt which seems to be happening!!

Did anyone know that Simon Grayson's son Joe is one of our academy players? That and the fact he is an ex-player shows he still has links to the club and he is one I would fully support in charge of our club. Warming to the idea of him being a potential candidate so hopefully his odds are coming in for a reason. Decent manager in the lower leagues and would know how to get the best out of Rhodes. Worth a shot...

Cryers tweet sounds promising but you really never know...seems like we have become the ultmate pushovers ''can we speak to your manager please...No!! Ah come on...NO NOW GO AWAY!!...ok sorry''

technically thats 'looking' but we all know its a feeble pathetic attempt which seems to be happening!!

One thing that keeps me hopeful is that when we went for Rhodes we eventually got him after being told no repeatedly.

Archived