BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Manager Part 3

Kamy100

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flitcroft was with Singh at tonight's game apparently.

Seems the rumours tonight are coming from both of them not being able to keep their mouths shut.

That's confirmed it for me. This Flitcroft rumour is a load of tosh.

In all honesty i don't mind the idea of Flitcroft, short and janson (as a 3). I like the fact i could trust them and they would have the interests of the club at heart. Small club trying to punch above its weight with heart and sole. I know others won't agree, but to me this is far better than a chancer like eriksson in charge of our club... The integrety of those at our helm and them doing it for the right reasons are 80% of a club to me. I hated having no sole under Kean. It is not the ideal candidate. Better could have been appointed as i feel we could have had similar with a lot of added experience/expertise with holloway but.....

Wow-i'm going to get slaughtered for this aren't i....oh well!!!!

How the feck has Singh even heard of Flitcroft.

Probably his favourite player on Championship Manager 2000/2001 - his main scouting asset it seems.

If this rumour is true I really really hope they (Flitcorft, Short & Jansen) do ok as I wouldn't want my good memories of them tarnished.

Probably his favourite player on Championship Manager 2000/2001 - his main scouting asset it seems.

If this rumour is true I really really hope they (Flitcorft, Short & Jansen) do ok as I wouldn't want my good memories of them tarnished.

It will be Venky's, Shebby and BRAG that get the aggro if this goes sour.

I'm sure our multi millionaire team are looking forward to working with a non league manager and finding out what they can learn from him.

Why would Glen recommend Flitcroft after releasing a press comment damning the potential appointments of McKinlay/Sherwood?

I never trusted the idea of McKinlay and i wasn't too sure about Sherwood (his media links etc with Sky and the fact he would possibly move on etc). Of the 3 i trust Flitty the most thats for sure...

Lets be honest non of them have the experience needed but laughably if we take experience and ability to manage out of the equation i think flitty comes out on top

• Backroom

I maybe wrong but I am sure that certain representives of BRAG were suggesting Flitcrofts name a number of weeks ago.

On twitter the day after Kean left I know It was mentioned that a flitcroft, Jansen and short combination would be better than Sherwood, its a leap to say its anything more than a throwaway comment and coincidence though

You just worry about Shebby that there's a chance he could be influenced

• Backroom

You just worry about Shebby that there's a chance he could be influenced

I think it's absolutely obvious Shebby can be very easily influenced. You only have to look at the meeting he had with the fans at the start of the season to see he just goes with whatever seems popular at the time to the people he's with.

No way a fool like him should be entrusted with a decision like this. I never thought I'd say this but Shaw should be the one spearheading the manager search, if only because he's the only person in our current "structure" who has any remote idea what is really required.

Archived